Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I would like to know what things you think have improved for quilters, since the computer age. What did we do before that we can’t do now, and conversely, what could we not do then, that we can do so easily today. Have your say here.

cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting
Sponsored Post Advertisement
I'm a new quilter, so can't compare exactly. However, the ability to make a quilt label on my pc with some special fabric "paper" saves me when it comes to making keepsake quilts. I would not know what/how to label a quilt without it. Stitching? Sharpie? embroidery? Clearly, I've had more ability to freely research and see beautiful quilts because of the net, I would hate to think of how much money I would have spent on books to see the sheer numbers of quilts I can peer at on the net.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Absolutely Hpiner, labels look terrific when printed out. I used to cross stitch a label, but the laser printed ones are so much more easy to read.

I had my friend Nicky over the other day and we're helping a friend to make Aussie Hero Quilts for our boys and girls who are serving in the armed forces throughout the world. Anyway, we had a few blocks that we'd put together with great focus fabric. We needed to build a quilt around those blocks. Thank goodness for QPro and other quilt software. We sat down and in about 10 minutes had a design for the quilt, including the focus blocks. We certainly couldn't do that before computers. I would have spent hours and hours working it out on a piece of graph paper.

Hooray for computers!

Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham

T
T
I agree with hpiner about being able to SEE all the different quilts and patterns without purchasing many books. When I decide to purchase I love being able to order online, pay online, and sometimes even receive a pattern online within minutes.

Shark
Shark
Toni Kay, i do the same with you.

Nbeads, finding the best beading accessories for you.
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Another positive with the advent of computers for quilters is the programs that are available to help you calculate yardage, calculate how much thread you will need for your quilting, work out how many squares will fit across your fabric etc etc. Great little helpers for the busy quilter.

cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham

W
W
Oh gosh, I do Machine Embroidery for my Quilts! I do Quilting motifs for my Quilts, and I plan my Quilts on my Computer, using my Software. I create Embroidery Designs for quilt block for all quilts and for quilting projects. I even have a Website for Embroidery Designs. wattsemb

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.