logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#794946 12/02/12 07:57 PM
C
OP Offline
C
My sister is 31. She has been in and out of drug rehab, stealing money and pills from my parents. It all blew up yesterday when she was acccused of stealing my Dads pills. She became angry, she physically went after my mom and beat on my brother when he went in her room to look for the pills. She then told us she overdosed on the pills she stole, we took her to the ER and they said she lied about the OD. My parents put her in behavioral science, and she cannot come back to the house. She said because of this, she is going to accuse my Dad of molesting her and say he did it to her when she was 15. This angers me, 1.) I'm terrified my Dad is going to get in trouble and 2.) There are real cases out there of real children who have been abused. How will this play out if she decides she's going to press fake charges? I'm terrified of her and the havoc she will wreak on this family with false accusations. Drugs have made her crazy. Literally. Someone help me, where can I find this information on how they deal with retroactive child abuse accusations, or if any one of you have suggestions?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
M
This was a long time ago, but I thought I would respond. I know this may be hard to hear, but it is possible she is telling the truth. Unless she has since recanted and only was using this as a threat to your parents in order to keep her drugs, I am inclined to think that she is telling the truth. Or if she is schizophrenic, she could really believe something she hallucinated, but I think that would be less likely. Other than a possible motivation to stay out of the rehabilitation and on drugs, there is no reason a person would make that kind of thing up. What would she gain other than anger and isolation from her family? I am a victim of prolonged abuse and my mother didn't believe me when finally told her. Many families don't, because it's too awful. The lack of support and concern by my mother, was almost as bad as the abuse itself. Please try to not make up your mind either way until you have good evidence that she is lying.

Moderated by  ELS - Child Abuse Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.