Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Hope that question made sense. I was trying to think how best to word the short sentence. Anyway, when I first got my Kindle, I absolutely loved it. Unfortunately, it has fallen by the wayside and I'm back to holding books.

My question is do you prefer reading a book that you hold such as paperback or hardcover, a reader such as Kindle or the many others now available, or is there another way you have found to read stories you are interested in?

Last edited by Edie - MysteryBooksEd; 06/12/13 04:15 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I have been reading books online for a long time, PDF, etc. However, I am a print book person. I prefer paperback books because I can stuff them in my tote. I have free Kindle from Amazon and free Nook from B& Nobleon my laptop. I also have a small Kindle; I will read them when there is no other way. I buy hardcover books I plan to keep, but paperbacks are my absolute preference.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I have a Kindle and enjoyed reading several books on it until I got an iPad. I find it more comfortable to read on the iPad because I can use landscape mode and have two pages up at once. I've also read several books on my iPhone. I really like the fact that we have so many options. But for pure reading enjoyment, give me a hardback library book. I think my least favorite format is a small paperback.

Maeve Maddox
School Reform
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Vannie - one reason I like carrying a book is so that I can take it with me, although I can do that with my Kindle as well. I guess it's habit to grab a "real" book when I'm going somewhere.

Although I read business-type pdf's on my laptop, I get so tired of looking at the screen that I prefer a reader or book when I'm away from my computer. Same goes with movies and tv shows - sometimes use my laptop to catch up on missed episodes.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Maeve - Since I don't have an iPad or iPhone, I've never experienced how they read. My daughter uses her iPhone quite a bit including reading, and seems to like it.

I agree with your pure reading enjoyment comment and as I'm getting older, the small paperbacks are more difficult to read, even with reading glasses.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: Edie - MysteryBooksEd
Vannie - one reason I like carrying a book is so that I can take it with me, although I can do that with my Kindle as well. I guess it's habit to grab a "real" book when I'm going somewhere....

Edie, I had to smile at your answer. It is nice to know I am not alone. I forgot to mention that I do have a very small Kindle that I believe is dead from non use. I did not enjoy holing it, there was no pleasure for me. Maeve, I read hardbacks at home--a good hardback and a cup of hot tea or a glass of wine is pure pleasure.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I still prefer to hold a book when I read. I like paperbacks because they are light to hold. I do prefer to have the larger print paperbacks, though. I agree the hardbacks are easier to read. Like Maeve, I have an ipad. I chose it, in part, because of the larger screen. It makes reading very easy but I still love to have the actual book.

Sandra Baublitz, Investing/Home Finance Editor
Investing Website
Home Finance Website
Sandra Baublitz Author Webpage

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Sandra, I do like paperbacks if the print is large enough. Hardcover books get a bit cumbersome and tiring after a while.

I think I'm old fashioned about reading paperback and hardback as opposed to digital devices, but that's what I've ready for many decades.

K
K
I am having the nice collections of these. My hobby is reading books that too mystery and fantasy ones. I  am searching for the best of these. Could any one familiar with any of these books please produce your valuable feed back here including some details of t he books . Thanks in advance. [b] Books Online[/b]

Last edited by kalvingalt; 06/26/13 03:17 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Kalvingalt, you are in the right place :-) I suggest you check out the archives of the Mystery Books Website, you will find good mystery books, plus you will get the editor's opinion and feed back. Sign up for the newsletters too, this way you can keep abreast to what's going on in mystery books. I love them too, right now one of favorite writers is Jeffrey Deaver.

Good luck in your search.

Vannie

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Edie - MysteryBooksEd 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.