Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Every once in a while I find a book I enjoy enough that I will read the whole series. I did that with Sue Grafton's ABC series, Susan Wittig Albert's China Bayles Herbal series, Tony Hillerman's Joe Leaphorn series, The Eugenia Potter Cooking School series written by Virginia Rich, and after her death, continued by Nancy Picard.

See a pattern? My current series is the Walt Longmire mysteries written by Craig Johnson, and now seen on A&E this summer (2nd season).

How about you? Do you enjoy following a whole series or are you a one-and-move-on kind of person?

Last edited by Edie - MysteryBooksEd; 06/09/13 05:17 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I'm a series junkie. When I find a writer whose work I enjoy, I don't rest until I've read every book in the series. I think I've read all the Agatha Raisin mysteries by M.C. Beaton. I've read a few of her Hamish Macbeth books, but don't enjoy them that much. I read all of Elizabeth George's stuff until she killed off Helen. Haven't read any since then. Lindsey Davis's Falco series is a favorite. Naturally, as a mystery buff, I've read all the Sherlock Holmes stories and most of Agatha Christie. Sara Paretsky is another favorite. I could go on and on, but I won't!

Maeve Maddox
School Reform
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Maeve,

I like your comment about finding a writer you like and reading every book in the series - that's exactly what I do. It's almost like an addiction. I have to read them no matter what. I've read many Agatha Christie books and stories and Sherlock Holmes as well, but never printed out the book list and followed them in order. I think I'm OCD in that area.

Unfortunately, I do that with TV shows as well.

Thanks for sharing your favorites also. Might give some of us a new author to follow!

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I too do that with TV series, at least since I got an iPad. I find a series I like, curl up in my chair and don't rest until I've watched all the episodes in order. For example, Midsomer Murders, Inspector Alleyn, even Wallander in Swedish! I like sci-fi too, so I've watched Firefily and some others. I even watched all 70 thousand episodes of All Creatures Great and Small. My latest marathon was Season One of Heroes. Loved it.I started Season Two, anticipating another great experience, but I've lost interest. Must be different writers. This week I've put up the iPad and am reading real books again.

Maeve Maddox
School Reform
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I enjoy Jeffery Deaver’s Lincoln Rhyme series. Rhyme is a former New York Police Department detective who became a forensic consultant after accident left him a quadriplegic. Sometimes they creep me, still like. I also enjoy J. D. Robb's futuristic "In Death" series. These fall in the romantic suspense genre, but more suspense and intrique than romance. I enjoy the soft cozy mysteries, one of my favorite authors is Cleo Coyle. I think I enjoy the cozies because I fell in love with Agatha Christie novels at a very young age. I was introduced to Tony Hillerman's Joe Leaphorn series by a former co-worker, a great series.

Last edited by Vannie; 06/10/13 06:49 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I enjoy reading a series. Mysteries are one my favorite kinds of reads. I used to enjoy "The Cat Who..." series and couldn't wait for the next one. Sadly, she is no longer writing.

I also love Steve Hockensmith's "Holmes on the Range" series and hope he soon writes a new one.

Sandra Baublitz, Investing/Home Finance Editor
Investing Website
Home Finance Website
Sandra Baublitz Author Webpage

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Sandra, I too loved "The Cat Who..." Series. I started late but quickly caught up.

Has anyone read any of "A Martha Vineyard Mystery" series by Philip R. Craig? Craig died a few years ago.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Maeve, I've watched the MidSomer Murders for years now. Most of them more than once. Right now I'm waiting for the latest available set featuring the new Barnaby.

I am also currently watching the Wallander series on Netflix. I saw several last weekend and kept the dvd to watch the movies again before I send it back. I copied all the titles and plan on starting over with this series. I've realized there was a change in Wallander from the beginning to the ones I'm watching now, and I want to go back and pay more attention to how the actor grew in the character over the years.

Thank goodness for Netflix because I can watch repeats anytime I want.

Last edited by Edie - MysteryBooksEd; 06/12/13 03:59 AM.
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Vannie, I like the soft cozies as well, especially Cleo Coyle and others in the genre. I'm a huge fan of Tony Hillerman and have all his books, even the nonfiction, and also the movies that were made. I think there were three movies.

I think I read a Lincoln Rhyme novel some time ago, but just have had the chance to follow up. I remember thinking it was a good book.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Sandra,

I read one or two Cat Who... stories, but didn't really get into it. My daughter enjoys them, but she is also a cat-lover and I am not.

I hadn't heard of Holmes on the Range. Will check it out. I love when I hear about new books/series.

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
It is so hard to go on with the categories of everything that I seriously have no idea anymore (months ago i learned that ABBA is considered rock which was a shock since i always thought they were disco or dance or pop). So I may of watch a series that is considered mystery, who knows crazy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Edie - MysteryBooksEd 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.