Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Francine, yes, it is always nice to learn something new, especially in the world of art!

When I was in London two years ago I interviewed the artist Rebecca Campbell, a delightful lady.
This is my Bellaonline.com article from that interview.

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art49643.asp

Last edited by Art Appreciation; 05/25/13 05:09 AM.

Camille Gizzarelli
Bellaonline.com Art Appreciation Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Rebecca Campbell's work is just lovely. Thank you for sharing it with us, Camille!

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

A really interesting article Camille. Rebecca Campbell sounds like an artist from the 'old school', she not only has talent but also spirit and humor. Some present day artists seem to take themselves, and their art, very seriously so for many reasons one ends up leaving a vernissage thinking "Good Grief".

Am going to try and find some more of her work, wonder if there is any over here.....do like the pieces you posted in your article.

For whatever reasons my laptop security systems will not let me onto her site, they just keep blocking it, but there has to be a way around this so am going to find it.

Thanks again Camille.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Francine, it is well worth looking at her website.

Let me know what you think.

Camille Gizzarelli
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Finally got on Camille...........did you know there is another Rebecca Campbell/artist whose work is..... what can one say "unusual"?.....perhaps that is why it was only possible to go through a roundabout route as far as direct links and laptop security was concerned.

Great. Just love Rebecca's work. So refreshing.

My personal favorite was The Four Elements series, just 'spoke to me' somehow. But enjoyed all of them, everything was excellent and The Planet's Pantry really witty.

While a collection which would be something for the fiction writing site was fun: A Rabble of Butterflies!

Thank you Camille, "eine echte Fundstueck" will keep an eye open for her work, and try to find out if there is any over here.

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
You want to look at Rebecca Campbell from the UK.
http://www.rebeccacampbell.co.uk/

I have put an inquiry in as to whether she has any work in Germany.
You could always fly to London and visit one of the galleries that shows her work.

Camille Gizzarelli
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Caught up with her collections via that link Camille, had looked it up on Google and it certainly is a comprehensive site. Don't know why it was blocked via your link, very strange.

Thanks it would be interesting to know if there are any of Rebecca's works either in France or Germany, have not seen anything quite like that here, although of course haven't looked everywhere. Would have to live a very long while to achieve that goal. There are thousands of art museums, which not surprising really with a European art history, and all its different schools, going back hundreds of years.

Folks tend to think of Berlin as the thriving art center, well for many tourists its the center of everything really, but for me Cologne is a small compact treasure trove. As it covers everything from ancient to innovative it would not be a surprise to find Rebecca Campbell's works there.

Top of my list for this summer is the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam which has recently re-opened. Seventeenth century Dutch art and its history.....just fascinating.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Francine, one of my life's goals is to visit the Rijksmuseum. I love Dutch art (Vermeer and Rembrandt especially).
We mustn't forget the Van Gogh museum either.

Maybe for the next Bellaonline.com meeting in Europe, we can go to Amsterdam.

Last edited by Art Appreciation; 05/27/13 01:41 PM.

Camille Gizzarelli
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

You mean the Vincent Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam Camille, that has a huge collection, a fascinating place. It is on the Google Art Project too.

My favorite though is the Kroeller-Mueller Museum, which also covers Vincent and is in Hoge Veluwe National Park. It is stunning, not so many works of course but their quality plus the atmosphere and setting, the parkland around the museum is filled with beautiful statues, makes it simply a joy to visit time and time again.

Permanent and temporary exhibitions, and masses of art related activities, it is a gem. Less of an art museum more of an artistic journey.

Really one of those once seen never forgotten experiences.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
This is a glass installation at the Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital in Boston. I wrote an article about the artist, Paul Housberg and other glass artists - Chagall and Matisse,
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art41918.asp
I think it is quite interesting.

Last edited by Art Appreciation; 08/13/13 07:19 AM.

Camille Gizzarelli
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Art Appreciation 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.