Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Hello everyone,

Today I've got some time slated to work on my newest campaign setting. This one's interesting to me because I'm taking care to design it as system-independent as I can. Creating non-player characters and prominent personalities is on my itinerary this afternoon.

How about you?

Last edited by Leif - Role Playing Games; 05/21/13 07:18 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Thus far I haven't found a use for my accounting course in role-playing games. I'm only one week in though. Economics has really driven my interest in town and country creation, though. Today I've got a quiz reviewing some chapters from last term; I plan on jotting down some basics for how I can easily apply material from this chapter to RPGs I create.

How about you?

Shark
Shark
Oh, but imagine the next time one of your NPCs *is* an accountant. You'll be able to sound more authentic now, thanks to that course. I think good GMs are information-vores, soaking up a little bit about everything.

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Hello Jay,

You've got a good point. I remember when I researched the history of blacksmithing just so I could give a game some more filling. It was set just at the discovery of steel, tech-wise, and that blacksmith had a whole lot more booksmarts than the tailor in the same town.

Most certainly agreed about information-vores: Last night I realized while reading a physics book that I should have two notebooks on hand while reading. One slated for content notes and the other for campaign creation.

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
With all the time-sensitive matters going on today, I've barely been able to do anything aside from research, homework and phone calls. Tonight I'll make some time to draft up some villain concepts for the setting though. I like strange motivations from villains instead of the normal wealth/revenge/whichever plots. It throws my players off-guard and is more fun for me smile

How have you incorporated role-playing games into your day?

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
My keyboard has failed me, but thankfully there's virtual keyboards! I'm fleshing NPCs tonight after accounting homework. Aquatic combat awaits for the completion of an exhilarating lesson about notes receivable and interest.

No worries - none shall be named 'Uncollectible' or 'Doubtful.' Maybe.

How have you let your gamer loose tonight?

G
G
It is fun to add real things we learn into the game and it gives players who all know this information a little something to smile about. I haven't played a game in awhile though, so I guess it might be time to get back into it.

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Hello Goobie,

Definitely agreed! On both counts, actually. Inside knowledge helps people become more immersed in the game as more faculties of their brain are engaged with what's going on. On the other note, it's never too late to role-play smile

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Today I spent much time working on a homebrew system. Listened to a podcast on nerd-ism for inspiration and humor, found both smile Ran some research to preserve a sense of realism in the game I'm preparing and incorporated notes from yesterday's playtest.

What did you do today?

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
smile I've barely cared for my "inn-self" today, let alone my RPG, lol.

But my husband LOVES them. He turns his characters into he and I and we take adventures. It's fun things we do, like when relationships get into routines.

We're doing cross-countries cooking new recipes too - in RL-Gaming. wink

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Leif - Role Playing Games 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.