Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
P
I must admit I was quite excited when I saw the trailer for the upcoming movie “The Conjuring.” I actually screamed so loud at one point that my dog started barking. I was afraid to go down the steps into the basement the entire night…and that was just from a short trailer. I’m never like that. It takes a really scary movie to frighten me. I’m looking forward to seeing this movie.

After doing a bit of research, I discovered that this movie is based on a true story of a professional investigation conducted by Lorraine and Ed Warren in the early 1970s at the family farmhouse of the Perron family in Harrisville, Rhode Island.

Andrea Perron was only eleven years old when she moved into the farmhouse known as the Arnold Estate with her parents and her four younger sisters. She has written a book about her family’s frightening paranormal experiences at the house from 1970 to 1980 called “House of Darkness House of Light: The True Story.”

The activity began with bedroom doors flying open on their own and banging against the walls. At first, no one in the family considered or even thought about the possibility of the house being haunted.

The children would hear voices talking in their rooms. Their beds would move. The voices would say: There are seven dead soldiers buried in your wall. One voice of several voices merged together. They would say those words over and over.

A little girl about 4 or 5 would walk through the house crying for her mother. She would sometimes appear as a healthy little girl carrying a book under her arm. Other times, she would appear in an emaciated condition wearing her burial gown.

The house was originally surveyed by the colonist John Smith who came to Providence to the Plymouth Plantation at Plymouth Rock. He did the deeding to Roger Williams for the State of Rhode Island.

The house as it stands in its current condition was built in 1736 and Perron informs us that eight full generations of one extended family lived and died in that house prior to their arrival.

Ms. Perron’s mother, Carolyn, did extensive research on the people who had lived in the house since its beginning. She wanted to help the spirits move on if possible.

The spirits sharing the home with the Perrons were both benevolent and evil. One of the friendliest spirits was a man the family called ‘Manny.” Believed to be Johnny Arnold, he killed himself in a painful manner by drinking horse liniment in the eaves of one of the bedrooms. He likes to lean up against the door and watch the children. He seems amused by the children. Once eye contact was made, he would disappear.

The most evil entity inhabiting the farmhouse was a female called Bathsheba. She lusted for Andrea’s father and loathed her mother explains Andrea. She tried to take control of the house and family from her mother. Bathsheba Sherman was a teenager in charge of an infant who died. A needle was found embedded in the base of the baby’s skull. Somehow, she was not convicted for the crime in the courts, but her peers in the community always said terrible things about her for the rest of her life. She was called a witch. She was called a devil worshipper. All four of Bathsheba’s own children died before reaching the age of four. She went from a beautiful young woman to a withered, crippled old hag. She was cruel to her staff and had a reputation for being an evil woman. In 1885, when Bathsheba died, the doctor said her body had “literally turned to stone.”

There are many many more spirits living in the old farmhouse, and Andrea Perron tells readers all about them in her books.

I have ordered Ms. Perron’s books and I’m looking forward to reading them as much as I am to seeing the movie “The Conjuring. “

References and additional information:

BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
great haven t heard of that movie yet

Amoeba
Amoeba
I have heard about this movie. But still have not watched.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I saw this movie when it came out, and have watched it several times since then. I'm excited that now there is a second movie about one of the Warren's adventures.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I hated that for that movie they showed everything in the commercials and trailers so when I did watch it (with mom who also loves horror movies especially when it has to do with that subject) I was not scared at all because I already knew what was going to happen. The sequel they did not do that so if it was well made I could be scared or at least tense when I will finally watch it.

I believe in life after death so I believe in hauntings and things like that (no choice since ive had experiences).

There's only two things that scares me about dying, how I will die and being stuck on the other side.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Oh I'm sorry to hear you hated it - I really loved it, and look forward to watching it again next month - it's in my October movie list lol!

So you've had some haunting experiences! I'd love to hear about those.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

N
N
The first and last are long stories (i do not mind telling it - will come back later for it - the last is actually a few things that happened combined with why it did - the first is my first paranormal experience).

The shorter ones is me seeing ghosts (happened a few times and always they are completely white - the first times i could not differ the gender or age then i saw a girl and the last time was here not too long ago and it was a tall old man and he had his neck crooked and his back too i saw him turn a corner and he disappeared on the other side the girl she was standing there and then was gone and i think she was looking at me). One time when I was taking so long before getting up I had a few fingers push me really hard, that hurt so much that I thought it had left a mark but it did not (and ironically it scared me but not to make me get off the bed i stayed longer). I also have had the impression of being watched, the last time that happened I went upstairs (in this house) a light was opened in the hallway and I did not opened it and both my parents were asleep and the next morning I asked them if one of them had been up and had opened that light and none of them left their bedroom that night.

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.