Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I realized this morning that I rarely have fragrance in my life. My nose is being deprived. And fragrance can affect mood too - why neglect it!

So I wore some vanilla fragrance. It was quite lovely.

What fragrance are you wearing today?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
I wear Madame Rochas to work. It has a light floral scent.

For my personal life, I wear Wind Song. It isn't an expensive cologne, but my husband and I love it. There are overtones of lilies-quite refreshing.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Today I decided to try Vitality by Liiv Botanicals, it's citrussy and fresh. I like it. It added a freshness to my day.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Today I'm using Haiku which is a Japanese-style scent with lily of the valley, which I adore.

What fragrances are you guys using today?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Today I'm wearing Timeless which is a fresh, springy aroma. I'm enjoying it. It's fun to see how fragrance affects my mood and world.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Hmmm today I guess I'm the natural oatmeal scent of my soap smile. I've tried Bob out on every fragrance so far, and he just doesn't like perfumes. To him they all smell fake and chemically. He likes me to smell "clean from a shower" - just fresh and "me".

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Today I'm wearing Rogue, the Christian Lacroix version. Orange and musky. I enjoy it.

What fragrances are you guys using today?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
YSL's Opium. It's a personal favorite. I also wear Chanel No. 5, Chloe Narcisse and Estee Lauder's Youth Dew. Narcisse was my mom's favorite scent after it came out, and Youth Dew was my grandmother's. Since both are very sophisticated fragrances, they still work well today. People recognize Chanel No. 5, and Youth Dew without knowing what they are, they remember loved ones who wore them, and I've been followed in stores by people who just wanted to ask what perfume I was wearing!
So I guess my own tastes run to very sophisticated, old-fashioned, evening appropriate floral blends.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shala -

Interesting! I don't think I have anything like that. I admit since I rarely wear fragrance that most of mine are ones I bought to test while doing the Avon test run. I mostly went for trying the floral ones.

I took a shower so Bob and I could go out tonight, and I put on Comme une Evidence which - surprise surprise - doesn't seem to be Avon. It seems to be Yves Rocher. I have to google each fragrance I'm trying as I have no idea what they are smile. It's like a treasure hunt. I put something on and then see what it is. In any case, it has lily of the valley in it which I love. But then I went down to Bob and he shook his head, knowing I'd put perfume on. He finds them all to smell chemically. Who knows, maybe it's because they're all these Avon ones and they're just not good perfumes. But the Evidence one (the one I have on now) seems to be in the $40 range, maybe I received it as a gift? So I wouldn't think this was a cheap one. Hmmmm.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Well, Chloe Narcisse is definitely on the affordable side, with a bottle from a reliable source generally in the 30 dollar range, same with Youth Dew. Michael likes the Narcisse very well on me. Opium and Chanel No. 5 both run about 100 dollars a bottle generally, although Opium has a wider distribution and you can find bottles in the 60 dollar range, especially around the holidays when they frequently have a gift with purchase. But I'm a scent junkie, and if I could afford it, I'd indulge in very expensive rare perfumes just to enjoy them. I prefer the term affordable to cheap, because some colognes, even very expensive ones can smell very cheap if they don't work with your chemistry/natural scent, and the best fragrance for Michael is the 20 dollar Michael Jordan cologne which smells like a grown-up, professional Brut on him!

My best friend on the other hand just wanted to snag my homemade vanilla extract! I use Skyy vodka and make it double strength using about 80 vanilla beans to a fifth. So it costs about 30 dollars to make 750 ml! Less if you weaken it a bit for a spray using distilled water.
People have described me as "If you see a tatterdemalion who smells like expensive French perfumes and is wearing pink sneakers- that's Shala."

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Juliette-Fragrance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.