Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none.
I believe ,I wrote a post,in an another thread,regarding this subject.

What I, have lived, recently,gave me enough material,to write a thread,on the above subject.

Some parts of my writings ,some ,will find hard to read,to face.
I humbly ,reveal,my dealings of Mara in the mansland/human world.
To those who do not know who Mara is,in Buddhism ,,,I,,
See Mara as The dark side, the source of all evil.

This post will be sufficient for an opener.What will follow in future posts,will demonstrate,clearly,the difference between the 2 worlds.

Loong

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Looking forward to your sharings, Loong. May I add my own take on Mara? Mara is the ways we ourselves block ourselves from knowing our own essence, from knowing ourselves as pure light and awareness. It is the way we separate ourselves from this - all of the ways we identify as something other than this light and awareness. This initial separation, our identification with 'I', then leads to all of our desires and aversions which keep us trapped in this limited perception of ourselves and others. This is Mara.

Last edited by Lisa - Buddhism; 05/01/13 08:57 AM.

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Dear Teacher,
Back to Mara, It has to be an invention of the sem Mind.
All being, from the Mind(rigpa).To me mentionning the dark side,
represents all that is not good,not from outside but from the inside.

loong

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: loongdragon
To me mentionning the dark side,
represents all that is not good,not from outside but from the inside.

I agree. I think the habit of our mind is to think in terms of the outside - what and who is 'good' or 'evil'. But it is not so simple. We all have moments when we do not act from a place of compassion, kindness or connection with the light within us. This is mara, or separation. And we all have moments when our innate goodness does come through. These are our moments of insight, clarity, and union.

It is simply a matter of degree. There are some so trapped in mara/separation that all, or almost all, of their actions are harmful and violent. So we call them 'evil'. And of course at the level of society we must deal with them accordingly. But if we simply dismiss them as evil we forget that they are separated from the same thing we seek in ourselves. We deny our own separation. And then ironically that becomes part of our own mara/separation!

So this is the role of compassion. It cuts through this labelling and objectification. We can see we are all suffering in the same way from this separation. We can open to this and allow more of our own light to come through.

Buddhism Site
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

This post ,could have also been put in ATMAN/samsara

Since I have been back home from the hospital,I felt that the progress was not fast enough!
Had a flash a few moments ago:My body dies every present moment and is reborn a little bit more healed.However at the same time aging,bringing this living corpse closer to the bardo of death.

So loong ,live a Now at the time.

loong
always learning

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

In this post ,I,, will try to describe what mansland ,and,spiritual land,mean to me..

MANSLAND: I see it as the realm of mampower.Money,cravings ,attachments,fetters
Where there is no place for purity of the Mind.(rigpa).Women/men,are attracted
To power,to the self -ego.Self in buddhism does not exist.So,these people are living
Some sort of dream,just like in the Matrix. Buddha called these people:IGNORANTS:

Their life is filled of suffering and they do not even know it.Each craving is a source
of stress,stress,creates suffering,so does attachments to people ,animals,earthly
Belongings.That in Buddhism is known as the First Noble Truth.

SPIRITUALLAND:Realm of the Mind.Realm of unattachment,uncraving,no more
Fetters. Mind(rigpa) reings,Mind,makes one mindfull,then moves on to Mindfullness.
Mindfullness is the capacity to live in the Now,living in the truth and reality of the moment.What we call life is just a suite of Nows.
When one attains the capacity ,to always be in the Now, suffering disapears,and is replaced by bliss.Astate of Mind, I have been living for a while seperated of moments not living my Now.

So this post becomes the basis of many other posts ,to come

Loong the learner

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
My next post ,will be my last (now)voyage in mansland.Rough and tough.

Loong
The learner

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I like your definitions of mansland/spiritualland, yes you are right that it could have been called atman/samsara or perhaps maya/nirvana.

But (and you know it is my job to have a 'but' to inspire thinking and discussion!), it's important not to think that it is really about one group of people living in 'mansland' and another in 'spiritualland'. In truth we all go back and forth every day. We all have moments of ignorance or of being lost, and moments of clarity. For some, it is true, that might sadly only happen a few moments in life. For others, once we enter the path, we can live in 'spiritualland' more and more often. But even the great teachers will talk of the power of mind to pull us back in at times. There are whole teachings devoted to the 'traps of being a master' or the 'traps of being a teacher' because even after one has had great realization, one still has to maintain vigilance.

So we practice just to practice. If we get too caught up in the idea that we are trying to move from one land to another, it becomes just like wishing for heaven. And then we judge ourselves when we are not 'good' enough. So be careful not to create a duality that sets everything up as black and white. We are all shades of gray - and shades of light:-)

Buddhism Site
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Dear ,dear Teacher.

Being alive,I know that ,I will have to enter mansland on occasions.Remember ,afew times .you mentionned ,I had ascetic traits in my personnality.For that you are right.This morning
met a friend that used to be pretty rocka and roll.I hope you understand what ,I mean.He lived,tried to work with kids.
Now .he has found himself a job taking care of horses.To be as far as possible from humans
When I told him ,my recent stabbing and toldhim that I already
pardonned them,he said: they would already be DEAD.

Buddhism has changed me in my deepest reactions thanks mostly to
(Rigpa).Equanimity and Mindfullness.

A grateful
loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Recently in various threads,I spoke of the event I lived on the 17 th of april 2013.
this post will give you the details ,some might not like what they will read,it's o.k. with me.However judging another individual,is a lack of compassion and comprehension.

So April 17 th ,picking up a youg girl (lap dancer),on her street in Laval .p.q.,4 young kids come out of a convenient store.In their mind ,I am an undercover cop,checking the area.
when ,in reality .I am about 25 feet from the girls house.

They come out yelling ,policeman ,not pig or cop.
I get out of my car,and ask the leader what was the problem.
He yells :you're lucky ,I don't have my knife with me.So I ask him to show me his knife(not too bright of my parth,)I still have a YIN side,and that is where i went.They ran for maybe 75 feet.I turned my car around and followed them.As I stopped the stabber kicker my car,as I was bending down.I saw one of the two ,
give the knife .to the youngest.Since I was bent a little,
he kind of jumped over the car ,and stabbed me in the back ,perforating a lung.I have seen and reseen the film of the event in super slow motion,am missing about 1/3 of a second.
First thing I know .I am on the ground,4 people holding me down.
I managed to see where the 2 agressors went,then i left myself be treated.Already lost a pint of blood.A policeman came up to me in the ambulance,told him where the kids had fled.He came back 5 minutes later telling me ,they were already arrested ,they had the knife and all.I want to thank that policeman for his compassion.
He will drive tomorrow about 60 miles to take my written deposition,at my house.

Heroes or angels are everywhere.The ambulance guy,and that policeman,who opened the road for the ambulance,to the hospital.
Man/ladies what a ride smile.Truth is so easy to say and live with.

That is it for today.My next post will be about what I think of both lands.

If I have offended someone,I apologize deeply.

Truth, I beleive to be a sign of a good spiritual life.

loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
Bit mixed up,I beleive.My toughts on mansland and spiritualland.
I already gave part of it in my above post #819411.

I shall give more details however.

loong

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks for sharing your story Loong. This is quickly becoming the most interesting Buddhism forum in town (certainly the most dramatic.) I am just glad you will recover. So many lessons from this event.

Regarding mansland and spiritualland, you say 'Being alive, I know I will have to enter mansland on occasions'. I am really trying to say do not let mansland and spiritualland be separate for you. Yes we need to retreat from mansland in order to go deep into our practice. I am a big believer in retreat and in formal meditation practice, as you know. For most of us, this is the only way to see certain things. But then, we strive to integrate this and bring it back with us into 'mansland'.

You are already doing this with your compassion practice I know. You responded differently to this event then you would have in the past. So I am writing this for others that might be reading it.

Buddhism Site
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Today ,met with 2 detectives of the city where the incident happened.As I have been honest with you, I had the same honesty with the 2 gentlemen.
You will not beleive what happened at the bail setting.

Me not being there to give my version,they told the judge,that THEY were attacked.So the one that stabbed me is free on the street,and the one that gave the knife to the one that stabbed me
was sent for psychiatric evalution.

The lies they told are unbeleivable.

If ever they plead guilty,having no priors,they will have aslap on the wrist,for attempted murder.If they plead not guilty
I will have to go to court,and this is what i wish to be able to give my version.
Keep you posted
loong the lame dragon smile

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To Lisa,

Using words of Buddha and a few Tibetan Masters,this living corpse(see also Dhammapada) old age.This living corpse that I am
will have to enter Mansland until I die.
My last experience showed me ,who was my only friend in life.
The rest,I realised that when I met them,I was just a listener to THEIR problems,Just a set of ears being filled with idle chatter.Kalil Gibran wrote,if your friendship does not bring you anything,get rid of those friends.
Since 1971 lived alone ,except for about 8 years with a compagnon.
I lived 22 years in a plywood shack.I was happy and content.

Better have no friends then fake ones (mansland).

What the knifing has settled,in part is the craving for beautiful women.Especially the way to get close to them.
I am 66 years old and still have my 40 year old libido.

No more lap dancers,if I ever (not in the Now) meet someone,
Like in Theravada ,they mention ,a free woman ,walking some kind
of spiritual path.Then one moment at the time ,I shall let things happen.
So to complete this post,
No more listening to idle chatter
Better no friends than fake ones.

Now do you understand why ,I do not want to go to mansland,but
instead deepen my knowledge of Buddhism Spirituality.

How many monks lived part of their lives in Isolation,not entering Mansland?

loong:)

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To Lisa,

You mention ,that one must not isolate himself,from Mansland.
again ,this morning in the newspaper,in Cleveland Ohio,The 3 poor women kept as sex slaves for 10,TEN,yearsin a basement.
Compassion for these 3 men,And aton of loving kindness for these
3 women.
Spoke for an hour this morning with a restaurator,that was born here,had restaurants for 30 years.She cannot take the ignorance
of the people any more.She has a condo in the city,where she flies down to,to be able to meet people ,that are not ignorants.
As you can see,mansland is the land of ignorants,why should I
go there?

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi Loong, we have had a misunderstanding! It is hard to communicate solely by writing in the forum. I was not saying that you should not retreat. Retreat is a very valuable part of spiritual practice, and if you feel compelled to live a very monastic life then I trust that is right for you.

My words were more about right view - to not create a duality where the world in your head is divided into 'mansland' and 'spiritualland', or 'bad' and 'good'. I know that this is not what you meant to do, it is partly the trap of language. So I was clarifying it for others reading that may not have had the in depth discussions you and I have had here.

Mansland does not equal 'bad' and spiritualland 'good'. In any moment we may act or think from a place of right understanding and right view, and then we are in spiritual land even if we are in a bar surrounded by people. Or at any moment, we may act or think from a place that is not grounded in right view or right understanding and then we are in 'mansland' even if we are alone meditating.

Buddhism Site
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Dear Teacher,

You wrote:Or at any moment, we may act or think from a place that is not grounded in right view or right understanding and then we are in 'mansland' even if we are alone meditating.

I am sorry ,but I do not understand the meaning of the phrase.
Could this part be rewritten differently.

You tell me that mansland is not :bad:.To me mansland is where
people ,have no morality, no conscience, no compassion etc.
If someone living in Mansland has discoverd Spiritual land,which
I find very rare,this person .I would exchange with.
Was with 2 woman this afternoon at my office at MC Donald.80%
of what they exchanged was non constructive,just their reminescing of the past.This type of people,I do not need in my life.As Buddha daid they are ignorants.
It may sound ,to me, that someone that lives in spiritual land
is superior to the ones living in ,mansland.
I do not feel superior,but lucky.
All my life,I felt ,I did not belong on this planet!Then I discovered Buddhism.Now I feel ,finally that I belong on this planet,but in spiritual land.

With the outmost respect
Loong
the learner

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: loongdragon
Or at any moment, we may act or think from a place that is not grounded in right view or right understanding and then we are in 'mansland' even if we are alone meditating.

I am sorry ,but I do not understand the meaning of the phrase.
Could this part be rewritten differently.

Being away from people, even in retreat meditating, does not guarantee we are awakening, that we are in 'spiritual land' as you are calling it in this thread. We can be attached, or judging others, or congratulating ourselves, or living out our spiritual-ego fantasies, or any number of other things as we sit there meditating. That is all I mean. It is not just retreat and meditation that aids our awakening - it is RIGHT practice - that we are coming from a place of right view and right understanding.

The world is unpleasant at times, but if your primary reaction when you are with others is one of aversion, how is retreating from that aversion helping your path? When you are with others and there is no aversion, then that is progress.

I am not necessarily speaking of what you should do right now. Sometimes retreat is very necessary, and you are healing right now, so may need retreat for other reasons - to conserve your energy for healing for example. But I think there are more layers to this thinking in terms of mansland and spiritual land to explore.

Buddhism Site
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To Lisa,

I do not remember in what section,however it is written:Avoid idle chatter.That is what I do.
If to have a social life, i must listen ,to people,subjects,words
that have no meaning to me,i rather not have a social life.

loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To Lisa,

Far from being a sage, putity of my thoughts regarding others,is
what ,I have worked almost the most on my way to spiritual land.

One that is still thinking acting talking in anger,hate disrespect cannot enter spiritual land.This might have the severity of the Theravadin,but this what ,i truly beleive.

With great respect.
loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

This is mansland at it's best.These are the Page 1 titles on Yahoo.

Should Ohio house of horrors be razed?
Police vow to solve shootings of 19 in New Orleans
James Holmes insanity plea expected today
Obama to welcome British PM Cameron to White House
Brother's arrest stuns Calif. town in girl's death
O.J. Simpson hoping for new trial in return to Vegas court
Suspect killed, 2 bodies found after N.J. standoff.

Speaks for itself.

loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
Been reading The Book of the Dead.It helped me discover the disdain ,I had for the non spiritualhumans.
Recent activities,meetings, make me become closer to humanland.
But What I beleive has made this opening,is meeting my younger
brother,I had not seen for 13 years.
You see,my brain is damaged in a way that I almost not remember
my past.My brother,told me things about myself that were not very nice.
My view of my past was totally different than his.
One thing my brother never lived anxiety.Best part of my life was anxiety.I created a past that was very far from the truth.

Loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

How many true friend does one have.One that knows you very well,
and still loves you.Not many.We may know a lot of people we like.
However how many would get up at 3 a.m. to help you.?
Not too many.
In my village most people know me.None would get up and help me at 3 a.m.

Mansland is mostly occupied by egocentrical individuals.
Your dog would give his life for you.That is a friend.
That is whom I am looking for.I do not know Lisa Erickson ,personnally,but I would give my non existing life for her.bardo of living.

Loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To al or none,

The feeling of dispair is the worst thing that, can happen to a living being.
When you dispair,you want to kill yourself or kill someone else to express your anger.There are so many people that are ready to die in order to punish others;they have suffered so much.How is it possible to offer them a drop of the nectar of
Compassion?How is it possible to make a drop of that nectar fall into their heart that is full of anger and dispair?Each of us practicing Mindfulness is able to get in touch,not only with the wonders of life that our nourishiñg and healing,but with the suffering as well,so that our heart is filled with Compassion and we become an instrument of the bodhisattva Avaloklteshvara,the Bodhisattava of Compassion .
It,s always possible for us to be something,to do something,like Avalokita,to bring the nectar of compassion into a situation of dispair.

THICH NHAT HANH

Loong only the messenger

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none

Yesterday went to the hospital for an x-ray of my lungs.
What I saw there,was anguish,fear,sickness,suffering both physical and mental.Straight out of the Dhammapada.

MANSLAND

LOONG

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
In Spiritual land,Buddha created 5 Precepts.The fifth being ,to abstain from consuming alcohol,all types of substances that might hinder your Mind.

This morning reading the newspaper,from mansland,,2different incidents, where
young people were killed in car accidents,5 in total.Another incident ,a father who,s
son drunk 17years old,that had lost his driving permit ,3months ago,and was chased for 25 miles until he hit a tree and killed himself.He was drunk ,driving without a permit.
The father blames THE POLICE. NOt himself ,not his son ,someone else.

I am a recovered alcoholic 36 years sober,no alcohol no drugs.

This is a great exemple between ,mansland and spiritual land.

Loong
Mahayana.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

There was a yard sale a fiew months ago, and IN stopped to see what was for sale.

Met a gentlemen ,with a million dollar house,a winnebago. A big one ,and a cigar boat,big swimming pool .
His kids are all grown up,his wife died ,and now he is stuck with all these ritches,he is trying to get rid of.

The man showed unhappiness with his life.

True exemple of mansland

Loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none.

Today I walked on Mansland,this land,had no humans on it ,2 deers,birds,trees, alltypes of Sentient Beings.
It was great

loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

After a 24 hour nap, supper, went for a walk on main street.
Stopped on a terrace I started to go recently.The coffee is great ,so is the staff:). There was a group that was there,must have been there for a while.
Threir outbursts of pseudo-laughter,and yelling ,made me drink my coffee very fast,and leave.

That incident made me think of the 5 th precept saying to abstain
from consuming alcohol or any intoxicants in any form.

Sober 36 years,I know that many buddhist choose to drink ,if it does not alter their thinking.
I saw a short film on the effect of alcohol on humans.After
ONE glass of wine.15 % of concentration and the capacity of analysis had gone.
So to me it also means 15 % of Mindfulness and Equanimity.If you loose 15% of Mindfulness ,you have lost mindfulness.

loong
from Spiritualland

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Went on my terrace,to see part of humanity living out their humanity.I had brought my tablette,forgot my earphones,home.
It gave me time to write in prose,what I was glancing at.For a rare time ,the text ,I composed is in french.I will try to translate it with the same frame of mind ,I had at that time.

Eyes half closed ,the effect of any drug taken before coming to the terrace ,taken to be able to face the people already seated.
The first "pichet" (contains 6 good glasses of beer.)arrives.
They did not see the beauty of the girl bringing the "pichet".
Their thirst was too strong,for that.
They smoke cigarettes after cigarettes.
Almost unconscious, one speaks,the other tries to listen.
Voices become louder ,the second "pichet just arrived.Girl again not even looked at.

In another little island of lost souls,Volume rises again a bit more.They have been there for hours.The D.J. tries to make his presence noted ,nobody listens to his music.All the tunes are alike.He yawns.
Let us go back to our first personnages,the second pichet is dying.No one cruises no one.!Everyone there hope for a union that shall not come .Mind you at the end of the evening{having been there myself so long ago }men are nicer looking so are the girls.We'll introduce ourselves tomorrow morning ,if one has not already left.The pichet just died, will it be replaced,one goes to the bathroom ,he's being paying up to now ,so a third Pichet is ordered.The sun is going down ,so is the sobriety .
Where are we now ,the one's with their breasts almost exposed talk louder to attract a fly in her web.
A pick-up just went by.White neons UNDER his white truck.Must
have spent a few paychecks to have those installed.Suddenly,
my Mind runs out of inspiration.

Tomorrow morning........

loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Guess where ,I am typing from?:::
What ,I have as a signal IS not very strong .Different crowd tonite.The jungle has turned into an almost regular restaurant..I see people eating meat,bloody meat.
Nothing here tonite to comment.
Hey you have some good posts andsome bad posts..This has been one on them.
Loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
Life IS funny sometimes.Right in front of this bar IS a bikers A.A. meeting.
Loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

I have made 2 friends in mansworld.None of the two can communicate with me where I am happiest the most,spiritual land.
To those who still live blindfully in mansland,I have compassion for you.
loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Last evening went in the village ,where a travelling kind of circus is installed for 4 days.All evening ,he commented how people ,looked non evolved.I shut up.

For my friend ,I send him loving kindness thoughts.To the people there,that Buddha would have called ,ignorants,love and compassion.
They do not know ,that they do not know ,that they will age,die
get reborn and live another life of suffering.

To all ,that you do not know that you do not know,may you find a path to enlightenment.

Loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

The fifth Precept of Buddhism ,Sais :To abstain from alldrinks and substances that can influence the Mind.

This morning's newspaper and t.v. last nite,states:

A man drunk thrown out of a bar in New York for fighting.Beats to death a woman of 74 years old that lived in that district all her life,she was just talking a walk.

The man was arrested and will go to court this morning on murder charges.As far as the woman is concerned she must now be in the bardos of death.seing the light.

Mansland

loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

In a small village about 30 miles north of where I live.A 70 old couple,tried to be good citizens.They wanted to slow down a motorcycle.They saw a group of youngsters ,20,exactly.So they asked them for help.

First they know the 20 kids get up,start throwing rocks at the car,The woman who was driving ,someone broke her glass.Then broke her nose and jaws.Her husband bundlrd up and luckyly was not hurt too much.They sped out of there.
This is not downtown N.Y.,this is a small village.

Things like that happen ,more and more often in all parts of our province.

Compassion,will not stop a broken jaw.Mansworld is getting more and more out of hand.
Where to go? Spiritual land.

loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

This afternoon while reading Understanding our Mind,at Mc Donald's.Wearing my special ear plugs,I stopped reading for a good 5 minutes,and observed.The frenzy ,the yelling ,the lack of
good manners ,it was all there.
In another section of Bellaonline,the question asked is about kids in restaurants!I thought that I was the only one fed up of the indiscipline in kids and parents.Nope I am not alone.

As I am writing this in my cave/temple ,I am listening to Music from The Last Samurai.Mind you many of you would not find this music relaxing.To me it is .Watched the movie maybe 15 times.
The friendship ,the honor,honesty in that movie inspires me.

enough rambling
loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

The First Precept of Buddhism ,is ,one shall/should not kill
Human Beings and Sentient Beings.
That precept has been broken today many places around the world.

However,AGAIN, it is in the american backyard.

Iam sure that the NRA will make a statement tomorrow,saying people, kill, not guns.
I am sure that when this investigation will be finished ,they will discover ,again a traumatized soldier,back from the Hell created by the american army.

This post could have also been put in the Trauma thread.

If you have never seen the movie "Bowling for Columbine" rent it.
It shows that when the movie maker opens a bank account in Texas
he gets as a gift a BRAND NEW 12 GAUGE SHOOTING RIFLE.Not a toaster or small tv ,no, a nother KILLING MACHINE.

This is loong reporting from Spiritual Land.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Listened to the news lately?

loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

For a few months now,I have been with a friend ,that is in deeper doodoo than I am.In the afternoon we speak how people used to help each other.
We go sit on a bench on main street,don't forget that the time I give this person,used to be my readind Buddhists books and preparing my posts.
This month alone .I have spent more than $100. to help him.
This is a small village and everyone knows me. A girl stops and asks me ,if I could help her pick up a stove she had just bought for $ 25. .I tell her I can't help her but still give her about 10 minutes of my time.My friend starts saying in an aggressive manner ,who;s gonna pick up the stove and take it down in the girl's appt in a basement.I get [censored]....... at poverty at that moment ,and the guy says ,never mind the girl.This girl is poor illiterate overworked where she works.
Then I enter a store where the food is not expensive and take more time than expected.When I get out of the store,one of the girls that works in that store,speaks to me ,for a few minutes.She said that when I enter that store ,they say here comes Mr sunshine.
I leave her ,can't find my friend.He suddenly appears and bluntly tells me ,he has been waiting for 20 minutes and he does not like that.That is mansland.

I will always listen to someone in need ,this is part of Metta and Karuna.Tomorrow ,I will have no time for that person.

Loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
When I started this thread,I was obsessed with the phrase by Buddha ,that said :those who only think of themselves,those who harm others ,were Ignorants.

So i developped a form of disdain regarding these people.
Today I say let them live their lives like they want.Compassion
I send to the people that do not have love in their hearts.Instead of looking for ignorants,I will be looking for people that have love intheir hearts.
Normand/Loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
No word to add.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWdG8NoFXY0[url]

loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
No word to add.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWdG8NoFXY0[url]

loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

My last post,was very hard to look at.This is what the world ,the entire planet is living everyday.
Compassion comes to Mind, praying for Peace ,on this blue planet.

Day before yesterday On Yahoo ,25 pictures of the KKK burning a cross in Virginia.
Like Bono from U2 said when will it end?When will the word :BOY;
to a black man in the U S stop.

May peace fill your heart

loong
son of the Universe.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

My last post,was very hard to look at.This is what the world ,the entire planet is living everyday.
Compassion comes to Mind, praying for Peace ,on this blue planet.

Day before yesterday On Yahoo ,25 pictures of the KKK burning a cross in Virginia.
Like Bono from U2 said when will it end?When will the word :BOY;
to a black man in the U S stop.

May peace fill your heart

loong
son of the Universe.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi Loong, I couldn't get the video to play, i will try again later.

Buddhism Site
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Dear Lisa,

Just tried it ,works fine.

loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

I met some friends today,they plan to build a house ,far in the forest,cannot take the humans anymore.Mc Donald,in my region
give work to slighty mentally handicapped children or teens if you prefer .Guess what ,THEY ARE NOT PAID .One young girl that I converse with pretty often ,is now 17.Next year when she is 18,
she will have to leave the foster home where she lives.From what I understand she was not prepared for life .I mean sexually ,and
money wise. She does not know how to cook and all.

So tell me ,someone ,Mind you I know she is not the only one on the planet like that, however I am talking about her case.

So next year ,when she leaves the foster home ,she will be a
fantastic prey for all kind of abusers.

I pray for her.I pray that with her 10 year old mental age ,she will not become pregnant,and put on this damned planet another human being that will suffer all his/her life.

loong
part of the Universe.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Presently my pet project,is fighting poverty,in my town.
I meen specially food for the needy.It seems from what I have gathered up to now,it is all a matter of power.Who controls what and who.
The ones that give the best food for the needy,really giving out of
CHARITY is a sect,or religious group ,finger pointed by eveyone
because they are different. The town ignores the food item ,because it would create a bad image for our town,that is a renowned as a big ski resort.So we hide the poor the homeless.

Cannot write what I really think because ,it would create a tsunami ,in this club . Too bad I cannot tell certain things in this group.

Buddha Gautama ,said give,give,give, I will find a way to fight
the hypocrezy (sorry for the poor spelling)of mansworld,and let Good win over the Ignorants like Buddha Gautama called these people.

loong
part of the Universe

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
to all or none,

today spoke with a Young man ,a little bit different.
He rents a single room for $485.00.
Nothing comes with the room.
He was promised internet,phone etc.
He pays per month .No signed agreement .He had to give a $200.00
deposit.If his rent is late ,he is charged a fee of $ 10.00 per
day.If he gets mail ,since everything is not declared anywhere,
is mail is sent to the owner of the house.
There are 7 roons in the basement,All on the same system.

There is Karma.Buddha would have called this couple,

.................IGNORANTS...................................

NO LOVE,NO COMPASSION FOR THE NEEDY NO SPIRITUALITY.

Loong

Always flabbergasped by mansworld.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

To those who do not know ,I was stabbed in the back and through the lung ,by 2 Young teenagers ,that took me for an undercover cop.They were on drugs.
The next morning when I woke up,my first thought was one of compassion for these 2 Young boys.
On the 18th of this month ,I am to testify against them.
They could get up to 14 years in prison.
I do not want that.Already their lives are scrapped .because a new law in Canada was passed ,the you cannot get pardon ,like
the criminals that had gone straight used to be able to get.

Karma from the Spiritual land is the only Justice

May the Universe ,be good to them.

Loong
Son of the Universe

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none.

As I am eating my breakfast in front of my PC, I am reading the morning paper.The article I am reading ,Is about children that have lost their parents,in Central Africa,where some kind of civil war ,is in progress.

Here it is -17 degress outside,but warm and cosy Inside.

The article is written to show the suffering of these poor children,to fill a page,a space on suffering to sell more news paper.There are no words of compassion ,no solution to their situation.
I am sending them words of compassion and I wish you would do to.
One thing one must remember,It is their karma.Sounds heartless ,but it is the pure truth .
May the Universe ,bring a moment of Joy ,today,and every day that will follow this day.Never forget they too are part of the Oneness.To my little sisters and brothers ,of the Oneness,I send you all the Loving kindness that is part of me.

Shanti

loong
son of the Oneness and big brother ,to these Young children.

loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Today is the day where in mansland,there will be an unnecessery buying Frenzy.Boxing day it is called.The loading of credit cards,the unnecessary objects bought just because they are supposedly on sale.
In spiritual land,there is no Frenzy,just a calm relaxing day.

loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Here is the page 1 on my Yahoo

Two injured after 12-year-old smuggles shotgun into N.M. school .

No comment, except maybe that i am 67 years old and during all that time ,here what happened

30 years ago ,a retired soldier went into government offices,
and opened fire on an empty room
2- 20 years ago a youg man entered a woman's college and did some casualties ,I beleive 17 including the wounded

Since then,NOTHING.Pro rata to civilisation in Canada compared to
the U.S. we have per capita the same ratio of guns.

Mind you ,no assault weapons are alowed for sale in Canada.
Most rifle are for hunting animals not humans.

loong
a bit bewildered

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Loong,

About the young-girl you speak of and being "prey" just incredible coincidence, I crossed paths w/precisely what you speak of! It's almost literally a parallel experience and you're 100% accurate.

Praying? I have mixed feelings on that one. I feel it aids, but actual human intervention in addition to, moves a positive influence much more effectively.

The girl I crossed paths w/actually whooshed through my Soul. I was in a restaurant at closing ( I can't handle crowds) and she was cleaning the floors.

Her Spirit was soOOo innocent, pure, almost Angelic-like, untouched by the deceptivity of the physical "Mans-land."

What I saw for her came swiftly and my husband worked w/her. I asked if I could help in some way, by maybe even just taking her bowling or something. She would need protection.

Just at that time, I'll never forget, this man walked in and he was a dark one, inside. Like a cat waiting to pounce on it's prey.

She became enamoured w/him. I asked my husband if he could just here and there watch over her, when he worked w/her.

This guy...took her away from the church - she was trying to find peace in "mans-land." Took her car, convincing her it would help her. She trnsfrd the title for $1.00. He wrecked her car (drinking and driving). Promised to propose to her in front of everyone at the restaurant (he never did). Got her pregnant, along w/about 3 STD's she can never be rid of and doesn't hold a job.

My heart broke for her. You're right, she wasn't prepared and she even had a Social Worker (or at least one that help a position of being one)...

I too feel what you're feeling. The "Duality" of "ML" vs. "SL."

Balance, especially in the mindfulness department, is desperately, in fact, lacking herein. Especially during these times.

There must be a way to transcend/reverse to an extent, even transform the direction of this "All for one (the me generation)" to "One for all(mindfulness-state)."

If each of us did such a thing, even for just a few seconds each day, like a "self-check," I believe it would, in fact, take effect!

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Yesterday I wrote about a 12 year old that shot other studendts,

well this morning ,in our biggest newspaper of the province ,

that terrible thing is in page 23 in the section of the World

events.No comments by any journalists ,it' just happened.

I once saw an interview of a war correspondant ,he said ,and I

quote:You write on 1 victim and every one is in awe .You write

on a bombing ,killing 100 person , it is just statistics added .

loong
one with the Oneness

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWMt5v9m0c4[url]

loong ,crying

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

After 20 years of hiding ,Woody Allen's daughter comes out with allégations of sexual abuse.!
Mansland at it 's best .A well respected man, who made his wife ,look like she was crazy.

My buddhist viewpoint is :For the poor girl,COMPASSION.for the man Compassion too, for the desease and hurt he has done all through those years.
Buddhism speaks of cause and effect,Karma.

loong
Buddhist

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

In the last few days ,I was living in man's land.False pride,
Had taken over me.

Someone close,has said words ,that I the big I. Had taken seriously .Man how can she tell me these things?How dare she?

I was so full of it.What is important is what ,I think of myself.

Pretty back to normal,giving the green monster of pride ,words of understanding.Humility kicked it back .

Back in the Spiritual world.FOR THIS INSTANT.

Loong
Ooouuff

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
to all or none,

As I am sitting in front of my screen , reading the morning paper; another actor ,that I will not name ,in respect, was found dead ,with a needle in the arm. Heroine , or something else.

In Buddhism from what I understand ,the search for glory ,fame, money, power will lead very often to such an ending.

In the precepts, it is mentionned :one should avoid all forms of intoxicants that may alter the Mind,the way of thinking and acting.
This is just another example of the mansland path to glory.

Death ,not an easy one.I took care of a junkie for 4 months that overdosesd ,voluntarely,because his body and distorted mind could not anymore take what it took to be a junkie.

To this man I send thoughts of compassion , I hope you do the same not judging this individual.

loong
Mahayana Buddhist

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Addiction is such a tragedy, and more and more science is discovering the neurological basis for it, in addition to the psychological. In some cases, it is highly genetic, and very difficult to break from. In this case, he had struggled with it off and on his entire life, and gone long periods without any drug use. But it overtook him once again.

It is interesting that so many addiction recovery programs now incorporate meditation and mindfulness. To be able to catch a thought or impulse when it arises, and then be able to choose not to follow it, is really what we are training for in meditation or mindfulness. Most of us are lucky enough to be dealing with much less destructive thoughts and impulses when they arise, but the process is the same. We are all addicted to something, until we are awake.

Buddhism Site
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Dear Lisa,
As you know ,I am an addict.If I would try,gambling, pot,I would surely get hooked.
I read your post on the addiction.I have been clean and sober
since Januaty 17yh 1977. I have never "slipped" .
One thing a person not an addict can't understant is the thirst,
the thirst that drives you crary,makes you loose everything.
It can only be rid ,this thirst, by a spiritual experience.
There enters the 2nd and 3rd steps. One must his/her higher power,mine being the Universe,
ask to be rid of the thirst ,there is no other way.

By the way the % of people that stay one day at the time clean and sober is 5% .Heroin 1% ,hard drugs like Crystal meth
1 %.As you can see it is not easy at all. The steps are numbered and must be done as numbered.

loong
clean and sober 37 years and a Hard working Mahayana Buddist.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To Lisa,

The craving(thirst),I spoke of in my last post ,cannot be understood by a non addict.

You have children ,i do not .You gave life,were pregnant.
Even if you use all the right words on how a pregnant woman feels,I will NEVER be able to understand the feelings of pregnancy.Same applies for the craving(thirst) of an addict.

With respect

loong
Buddhist

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
I do not know how to start this!
Reading my paper this morning,and it came to me!

This is from mansworld.50 dead here,500,dead here,300,000
dead here.
Death in the name of God.Which one,I don't give a hoot.
Islam is presently the disturber on the planet.I wrote,islamists,not Muslims.
I respect Muslims for their discipline,being a disciplined myself.

Do you know which God ,presently reings on this planet?

POWER,yes power,then,money(guns,petrol,sex) then religions.

If you take ,el quada,their primary goal is power,then Jihad.
In that movement there are people,from every country,even the U.S.

We of the spiritual world ,can do only one thing.
Pray,whatever power you believe in ,also ,change the people around you that are not for world peace.I love citing Ghandi,when he said
If you want to change the Universe,start by changing yours.
I pray every nite(Taking Refuge)prayer .Also ,a metta prayer that I created and the precepts of Buddhism.

The Russians have done a lot of hurting to the tchetchen,and the
Tchetchens are a major part of el quada.So pray ,the Olympics are coming ,in RUSSIA!

Loong
Mahayana Buddhist.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Where oh where has love ,love of thy neighbour,love of parents
,love of sentient beings ,all types of love,love of oneself .

Gone to?

loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Reading my morning paper,again another massacre,in some African country.Will not say who killed who.

As I try to understand,wonder why, all these massacres are all made by the people of the same religion against people of another religion that about a thousand years ago did the same.

Karma knows no time.

loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Good news this morning from Mansland!
As I am reading my paper ,there will be a :Hackaton Hacking health,in Montréal Québec.

Hackers will be meeting with doctors to ameliorate the computor systems in hospitals.

Each hackher will be with one doctor and by sunday nite ,the problem brought on by the doctor,will have to have a new application thanks to the hacker.

This is Loving Kindness at it's best.No one will be paid.!!!!

loong
very happy to bring good news.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

I have a page on You Tube.On this page today were videos of
Creedence Clearwater Revival ,and other groups during the Vietnam War.I am speechless before the Madness of humanity.

My whole Compassion goes to everyone hurt killed maimed in any or all wars.Will men understand one day?

loong
Teary eyed

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Thailand ,is the most Buddhist country of South east asia.It has it's problem with the sex trade and all .Yesterday a grenade was thrown in a market killing a Young girl.

There seems to be 2 Thailands.The first ,where the people are pacifists, religious ,non violent (spiritualland) I have met people who visited or lived in Thailand and said people there are very religious and peaceful
Then there is the Thailand of Mara ,the Thailand of Mansland.

Peace to both parts.

loong pacifist,buddhist

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Reading the morning paper,and come up on an article about a celebrity with her own show ,having her breasts reworked by laser and also have the skin of her hands tightened so people will be able to see better her engagement ring.

If you have read a bit about Buddha's way of calling people that
consider their bodies, their fortunes,their powers their gods ,

he had a name for these people .He called them :Ignorant.

loong
wrinkled ,approaching death,and blissful

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

For those with a certain age will remember this:
By Bruce Sprindstein: WAR ,HAN WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR,ABSOLUTLY NOTHING.

Within a few days ,the man's land will be rocked by a war/genocide
In Ukraine.

The only way we can stop it ,is by praying ,prayers from every religion ,philosophy ,and sending THOUGHTS OF PEACE in the Universe

Loong
man of peace,simple Buddhist,but a praying Buddhist.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

I live in a province of 8,000,000 people.We have our own stars that are completely unknown to you.
This morning ,front page of the paper ,a retired racecardriver and tv analyst of 80 years old was screwed out of 1,2 million dollars.So we will bw seeing him on tv.

There are two sides here to this story.
first how can there be dishonest people ,i stole 25 cents at the age of 16 and my father found a way for me to stay honest.
The second is the victim ,why do people want their money at 10 % with the chance of being scr....d.GREED

So the thief ,Karma will be justice
To the victim ,thoughts of compassion ,but also your karma for greed is an instant karma.

If you disagree with me please comment.

loong
no money to be stolen ,and a simple buddhist

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Been a while.Living in mansland has it's problems,Solitude of Spiritual land is so ,so..........

loong

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.