Next Thread
Print Thread
#817599 04/22/13 05:52 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
What charity or charities do you or would you support that help the environment and/or animals?

Personally, I am a big animal lover. So I have supported the National Wildlife Federation in the past. There are so many wonderful charities out there that help to improve our natural world.

So Here is a Challenge:

Name a charity that supports our natural world helping to improve our environment and our feathered and furred friends.

Sandra Baublitz, Investing/Home Finance Editor
Investing Website
Home Finance Website
Sandra Baublitz Author Webpage

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
The ASPCA. American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. I support this organization by adopting and donating.

But thank you for this thread as it prompted me to look into other worthwhile environmental causes. I have been interested in Water.og. and was a former member of Greenpeace and PETA until they both got too militant for my tastes.

I was thinking about the Sierra Club, but there are so many local and smaller organizations, too.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Lori,

I like the ASPCA, too. I also like to support local charities that help those in my community.

And I know there are a lot of no-kill animal shelters who need our support.

I had not heard of Water.org but I googled them. What a great charity and so sobering to know how many people do not have clean drinking water. Water is so vital to life and I suppose I have simply took it for granted that it would be clean. You don't know how well-off you are until you see how others are forced to live.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I support our local Animal Services volunteer group. They are very active on Facebook and work tirelessly to get dogs and cats adopted, rescued and fostered. They use the money to fun foster programs, education, spay and neutering and give money to rescue groups so various pets can go into rescue, rather than being euthanized. I used to support the local branch of the SPCA until I got involved in the animal services group.

I sell Avon and have an ongoing fundraiser where I donate 10% of purchases to the group.

I like supporting a very local group because I know where all the money goes and how it is spent.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Joan - It is wonderful that you support your local charity and do a fundraiser. I agree it is good to know where the money goes. Unfortunately, with some of the larger charities, one often wonders how much money is actually going to the cause.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.