Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#817553 04/21/13 07:20 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Have you seen this new form of a moving push-up crunch?

What do you think of it? Good, bad?

360 Ab Move

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Lori, I don't have Flash working on my laptop right now so I couldn't see the video. The description sounded crazy, like how I get into that position. So tell me what it really looks like?

I did a search on 360 Abs and it seems to be a name used for different core workouts also.

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I saw an exercise like that a few months ago on Youtube, that one looks hard but less than the one I saw. I thought about trying it but it looks hard. I stopped working out at the beginning of Autumn in 2009 and started again last year at the end of Summer, I don't want to go crazy about it so I picked exercises that are not too difficult to start with. We have wood floor where I exercise so I may try one of the ab towel exercises one day.

T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Nancy, I saw a YouTube version also. The YouTube video did not start from a push-up position as the article Lori was referring to stated in the instructions. I tried following the instructions and found them impossible.

I could do the YouTube version where you start on your back. It was not very comfortable and hard on the back. I don't think I would do it on a regular basis. There are a lot of good ab exercises that I think would be safer.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
The video in the article showed the trainer beginning in a push-up position (plank if you know yoga) with his toes on a towel.

He was on a slick surface, a wood floor, and he said to spray the floor with a wood furniture polish such as Pledge if you need to reduce the traction.

Then, he brought his knees towards his stomach, then moved his feet outward to his left, straightened his legs then moved them back into the plank position, scooped them around to his opposite side then brought his knees back to his stomach level before repeating.

His feet drew a circle on the floor.

He said that you can adjust the size of the circle according to your fitness level.

I have to tell you that I need to just start off by being able to hold the plank position for a minute! Then, be able to scrunch my knees upward towards my stomach.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
I'm going to try it. Have you tried it?

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Yes, I tried it this morning and that is how I came to the conclusion that I need to start with holding plank position and scrunching my knees up to my stomach. I'm not ready for all that circling 360 degrees.

frown

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
I tried it. Wow, it is hard and I felt unbalanced. I have weak shoulders from surgeries, and don't feel real strong in Plank pose. I don't have real good balance either.

N
N
The one I saw last year was starting at the plan positition like the man in the video but she was bringing her legs one at a time to her stomach, she also had another version for beginners but I don't remember it. She is used to do exercises (she should stop in my opinion...she has stomach muscles and all her bones are visible...plus last year she got gigantic implants and botox in the face..quite a sight...havent seen in her since last year...maybe she got help) and she was having troubles with that one. I'll go check Youtube later to see other versions of that exercise.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
LOL. You make me laugh, Nancy! laugh

Her bones were visible! Ha!

I always think the same thing: You shouldn't be able to see your bones. Muscle and flesh protect our bones. Fat, too, but it comes with its own health deficits.

My hubby used to remind me that he once had a six-pack but I told him that it was his rib cage. He was incredibly thin and bony!

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
N
N
Glad to make you laugh Lori, :-D!

I always was thin but not to the point of that woman. Until all the stress came out and I thought I was chocking you could not see my bones, now you can since I was not eating a lot this Winter. I started eating normally after knowing that my throat is okay but since I normally don't eat a lot it will take some time to come back to my normal weight. It was so bad that my chest bones were visible, that was disgusting. About ten pounds more and I'll be at my normal weight again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.