Hi Lovely Rita,
I think many family members are simply busy and preoccupied, these days. They may think highly of your music, but need to get to responding to it in their own time.
And the ones who are not very internet savvy can find that to be a daunting barrier.
So anything you can do to make it easy to show support; such as -
* Appreciating them,
* Helping them to learn how to use the web and social media for convenience and enjoyment,
* Providing widgets that are very easy to share,
* Sending them links to where they can listen to your songs and see updates,
* Keeping in friendly touch regularly,
* Inviting them to your events,
* Asking questions that they will enjoy responding to,
* And reciprocating by showing your support for THEIR good endeavors...
These approaches can be beneficial. They may not work for everybody, but they are bound to work for some!
Thanks for posting your question. I am planning to write more articles going into detail on fun and easy ways to support favorite musicians. And your feedback helps!
Edited by Sabira - Musician Editor (09/17/13 12:25 AM)