Print Thread
S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
My son had what looked like eyelash dandruff with redness at the root of his eyelashes when he was a baby. His pediatric opthamologist diagnosed him with Blepharitis and gave me directions on how to clean the roots of his eyelashes twice a day. Warm compresses and eyedrops were later prescribed.

Blepharitis - Eyelid Inflammation Eyelash Flaking

Pam W
SE ofSeattle

Pamela Wilson - Children with Special Needs Editor
Visit the Children with Special Needs Website
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
J
There is a new treatment out there for blepharitis called Blephex ( I hope I didn't misspelled it) It absolutely changed my life! I am no longer miserable and hiding behind sun glasses. My eyelids feel clean after over 6 years of unbearable discomfort. This is an in office treatment so you can not do it yourself at home. My eye doctor used a special device to do it. Here is the proper description from their website: BlephExâ„¢ is a painless in-office procedure performed by your eyecare professional. A revolutionary new patented BlephExâ„¢ handpiece is used to very precisely and carefully, spin a medical grade micro-sponge along the edge of your eyelids and lashes, removing scurf and debris and exfoliating your eyelids. The patented micro-sponge is disposable and a clean one is used for each individual eyelid so bacteria is not spread between the lids.The eyes are rinsed well afterwards. The procedure lasts about 6 -8 minutes and is well tolerated. Most patients simply report a tickling sensation. A numbing drop is usually placed in each eye prior to treatment for increased comfort.

S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
It looks as though this is an ad campaign for a very new product, aimed at patients who will be expected to contact their doctors about it. I can't imagine how children would react to this treatment. I watched the video and I am still cringing. The need for numbing eye drops is one reason this may not be indicated for children, as there is always a danger with medically necessary eye numbing that a child will injure their eye until the drops wear off. Even if this were standard care, I would hesitate to recommend it for children with disabilities, who are subjected to frightening and uncomfortable medical procedures more often than their mainstream peers.

Pam W
SE of Seattle

Blepharitis - Eyelid Inflammation Eyelash Flaking
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art180023.asp

Originally Posted By: JuliaM
There is a new treatment out there for blepharitis called Blephex ( I hope I didn't misspelled it)
It absolutely changed my life! I am no longer miserable and hiding behind sun glasses. My eyelids feel clean after over 6 years of unbearable discomfort.
This is an in office treatment so you can not do it yourself at home.
My eye doctor used a special device to do it. Here is the proper description from their website:
BlephExâ„¢ is a painless in-office procedure performed by your eyecare professional. A revolutionary new patented BlephExâ„¢ handpiece is used to very precisely and carefully, spin a medical grade micro-sponge along the edge of your eyelids and lashes, removing scurf and debris and exfoliating your eyelids.

The patented micro-sponge is disposable and a clean one is used for each individual eyelid so bacteria is not spread between the lids.The eyes are rinsed well afterwards.

The procedure lasts about 6 -8 minutes and is well tolerated. Most patients simply report a tickling sensation. A numbing drop is usually placed in each eye prior to treatment for increased comfort.

Pamela Wilson - Children with Special Needs Editor
Visit the Children with Special Needs Website

Moderated by  SNC_Editor_Pam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.