Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Exactly....whatever method you choose to keep journals is entirely up to you and should be according to what works best for you.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
When I was a little girl, I kept a journal but quickly got rid of it when my sister read it. The outrage! I felt vulnerable to put my thoughts on paper for anyone to find so I stopped keeping a journal.

But the urge to write down my thoughts proved irresistible and I've kept numerous journals throughout the years, being careful to burn them when they were full.

I now have a garden journal, a spirituality journal, an exercise journal, a dream journal, etc. Several are digital. I don't know why I keep journals, except that it feels good to write down my thoughts. I'm finding that my BOL forum journals are very helpful. Yes, anyone can read them but that keeps me accountable.

I love journaling! I'm thinking of beginning a new one because I have entered a new phase in my life.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
J
J
Lori,
I think that is a wonderful idea, starting a new one for a new phase in life. It is hard to keep a journal after your trust has been violated but it sounds like you have come to a healthy place of healing with that. Good for you!

Jennifer Spedowfski-Martin
Creativity Editor
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
I once read a goal on 43things where the goal setter said he wanted to "write down things in appropriate places." That struck home for me because that is what I've learned to do.

Things get lost in paper journals. I'll read back in my journal from 5 years ago and I'll see all of this ideas, articles, that I never followed up on because they became buried in the journal.

In 2007, began a kind of journal on 43things where I'm writing about specific goals, updating myself on how the goal is progressing etc. The problem with that is that while it's more searchable than my paper journal, that is part of the problem, it's is public. Not under my name but still it's on the internet so I do not write any and everything as I would in my paper journal.

Then I have notebooks with lists--like all of the movies I've watched since 2006, that is a sort of journal.

So yes, I believe in multiple journals or as the 43things goal setter said: writing things down in appropriate places.

You just have to get a feel for what you should write where. If I just want to chronicle my life in general--paper journal, if I want to write an update on a goal--43things.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

I
I
I occasionally try multiple journals and it keeps getting all confused. I like the idea of having a journal just for one topic, but stuff happens. I get tired of writing on a particular subject but there is lots of book left and I do not want to waste it so....I repurpose it for another topic.........sometimes this happens more than once to the same book. I suppose keeping a journal on the computer would be more practicle and easier to organize, but paper has a strong appeal for me that is hard to explain.

I
IH8FMS Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I
Ilah B, here's what I think... you don't need to explain to me or anyone else your reason(s) for journaling your way. That's one of the biggest things to l♡ve about journaling... you are Da Boss! So write on your way!

Be Well,
Doxi
Founder & Chief Whiner
S.N.E.R.T.s
Survivors of Nearly Every Rotten Thing
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I stick with one journal for daily things. But I keep others for music, art and reading.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
K
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
K
I'm currently both art journaling and writing journaling. I have two journals right now, but one I think of for working on art techniques and the other for working on writing.

"....and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." - John Lennon
K
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
K
Currently, I have three journals going. One of them is strictly for 'arting' and for trying out new art techniques. A second one started as a drawing journal, but has segued into a place for art and writing. I'm currently preparing a third for my upcoming trip to Ireland. At home, I'm painting backgrounds on each page. I'm going to bring colored pens, some washi tape, and a glue stick to Ireland, so I can keep ticket stubs and write down what I see and how I feel.

"....and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." - John Lennon
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Right now I have three journals:

I have my regular daily journal that I write thoughts in, and my daily gratitude list.

I have a journal of goals, and actions I can take. I use this journal to ask questions about what I'm doing, where I'm going, and what may be keeping me blocked if I'm not actually moving forward on it.

I have a dream journal, and I write my dreams, and then my interpretation of that dream.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  kkgarcia 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.