Next Thread
Print Thread
#384528 03/01/08 03:51 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Conan the Destroyer is on right now. I always liked sword-swinging movies like this. I remember when it first came out, how "wild and unnatural" Grace Jones was. Nowadays her hair style is still a bit odd but in general she's seen as reasonably normal.

It's funny that Mako is in this because I was just watching him in Rising Sun ...

Anybody else fond of the Conan movies?

The mostly-naked blonde is only 15. Scary that they have her so naked at that age ...

Her cousin was a Bond girl - the cellist.

Last edited by Lisa Low Carb Ed; 03/01/08 03:53 PM.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
I love the Conan movies and Red Sonja. They aren't terrible well acted but the sword play makes up for it. Also it's hard to believe AS was ever that big. He was mesmerizing to look at.

I didn't realize the girl was only 15. Speaking of young actresses. Did you see The Lover (L'Amant)? I thought it was a good movie but I found it disturbing that the girl looked so young (the character was supposed to be 15). It was the story of a young white girl in Vietnam who meets an older wealthy Chinese man and they become lovers.

F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
I like the Conan movies too. The acting wasn't the best, but I did like the story line and the characters. The guy who kept eating jewels was great! smile

#385492 03/03/08 08:13 AM
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I never saw The Lover - that's always a fine line for me, to have a girl even acting in situations like that if she's a young teenager. at least in Conan she was supposed to be an innocent virgin and nobody even thinks about touching her or such. But still the outfits she was in were a bit extreme.

I agree, there's little acting in these movies, but I still enjoy them smile I just love how Conan does the sword figure 8s ...

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
N
N
I watched that movie often when I was young. The other too I watched often. I sawe one in 2010 or 2011 one night where I could not get off the television. Sure it's cheesy but these two movies have aged well I think and it's still fun to watch years later. I refuse to watch the remake, I was happy to see it did not make a lot of money in the box office.

Moderated by  Dianne W - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.