S
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
S
Greetings to all,

This article is inspired by the experiences I endure while visiting the state of Montana. The town of Hardin and the city of Billings are not the easiest places to keep your cool in! Blatant acts of racism towards "the Indians" is still very common in these parts. As much as I try to ignore it, pray about it, etc., all the good things,...towards the end of my stay I seem to end up lucky that I did not get arrested!

My biggest challenge is still how not to fight racism with racism, or hatred with hatred! It's like at some point, an evil energy takes over and I cannot take just one more waitress throwing my bill on the table as she walks by, or a clerk at the store laying my change on the counter so she doesn't have to touch my hand. When will I evolve?! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The era in American history known as the Wild West sometimes conjures up images of fighting between cowboys and Indians. Centuries later the battle still rages, in some areas, but this time on an invisible battlefield.

Micro-aggressions - Cowboys and Indians

Last edited by Sacred Tobacco Woman; 03/27/13 08:37 AM.

Jacqueline Olivia Pina
[url = http://nativeamerican.bellaonline.com]NativeAmerican[/url]
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Jacqueline-

If the election of Obama did nothing else for me, it bought me face-to-face with my issues with racism. I had swept it all under a rug, believing that there were only a tiny handful of racists still in existence and that younger generations would soon eradicate these issues.

Then, out of nowhere, racism rose up and greeted me at my door. I could not believe the blatant racism being expressed by so many on either side. I became angry and confused and I found that I needed to call a spade a spade.

Then, one day, I simply realized, racism is ignorance; not in a name calling way. It is fear. Those that are racist do not believe that they are superior, they simply fear that the everyone will soon discover that they are merely who they are. Strangely enough, who they are is more than adequate, but they do not believe that.

Fear is the opposite of love and someone that does not love themselves cannot grasp loving those they do not know. It is an ignorance that can be educated, but only when the racists is ready to acknowledge it.

I still call a spade a spade, but I am willing to hold a conversation with them, when I can feel that they are searching for some level of truth. Because often they feel some attraction to those they believe they hate, and that is very confusing for them.

Furthermore, our reaction is about forgiveness. I needed to forgive myself for pretending that it did not exist. I needed to forgive myself for not attending to the issues within my own race. I needed to be honest with myself about the wrong doings that were happening against my people for so many years and centuries. And I needed to forgive and accept that their racism was not my cross to bear. I had to heal.

I've learned to let my light (within) shine, which sparks the light in them. And as long as I feel no threat, I can answer questions and hold a conversation that allows them to understand that I am okay with them just as they are. I am okay letting them know that their issue is deep seeded and actually has nothing to do with me or anyone else. I let them know that unconditional love resides in me for them and when they find it for themselves, they will have the answers they need/seek.

It is a very tough space to be in. I admit, I have only been fine with it since last year. I know though, just noting your passion toward finding an open heart, you will find the right love chord in you to heal your losses as well.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
S
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
S
Dearest Yvonnie,

I LOVE YOU!

Jackie

Jacqueline Olivia Pina
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OMG Jacqueline! I love you too.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
Koala
Koala
To two beautiful ladies.

As I was watching CNN,the other night,Anderson Cooper,who has me under his spell even if I am not gay,they had an hour segment on a roadside killing in mississipi
Sorry for the word I am going to use:killing of a [censored]:It hppened 3 1/2 years ago.

One of Anderson,s journalist went to that town to meet the sherriff.He was threatenned of physical harm.
Now when a subject goes on Anderson Cooper,s 360 show,things ,all of a sudden start mooving.
Anderson,kept shaking his head and asking why nothing had been done.

I wished ,I could have reached him and tell him,:Anderson,it,s only a [censored] in mississipi,as if the white sheriff cared,it,only a [censored].

Went to the states 6 years ago,could not believe the racism I was seeing.That day I swore ,I would NEVER go back to the states

The americans ,white,with their neck red,have been killing everywhere on the planet.
There is such a thing as a general karma,and it is starting for the americans.

The only thing I must have for those people is Compassion,so as not to hate them.
And to you 2beauttiful ladies ,COMPASSION -AND LOVING KINDNESS.

LOONG

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
loong-

Racism is born of fear as is every emotion that is not born of love. Often, the fear of racism is embedded in the act that created the racism and an underlined understanding of karma. We fear that that action will come back to haunt us.

If we learn to face our pasts and accept that what occurred then, was the best they had to offer and today we have the capacity to offer our best; which is so much more. Then, with love in hearts for every human spirit, we will be able to disconnect ourselves from the rage and darkness of a time when humans from a dark space came to take over this land. We can bring back to this land the light that once resided here. It is still a flame, it simply needs oxygen. And the light within each of us, our understanding and healing from it, is that oxygen.

So, instead of staying away, sometimes we need to shed light on our misinterpretations or fears of racism and become the oxygen that fuels the light of the candle of love and hope.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
Koala
Koala
To Yvonnie,

By your vocabulary ,I can see you are a well educated person.

Do you know what Bhuddha called the racists:Ignorants.The only thing that I will still do is have compassion for the americans.

With deep respect
loong

S
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
S
Dear Loong,

Your input is greatly appreciated, thank you! Yes, compassion and forgiveness are keys that will bring peace.

I have much forgiveness work to do and I know that the more I work on myself the more power I will have against the forces of insanity.

I am overcoming deep feelings of inferiority that has been a generational curse through historical trauma and it's so exciting to be healed! My main emotion for over 30 years was deep, deep shame.

My shame was so intrinsic that I matched my behavior and choices to the shame, instead of doing an action THEN feeling shame!

My beloved grandmother was told over and over again in Catholic boarding schools as a child horrible things like she was a "dirty Indian, stupid, that she was shameful," etc.

I never knew til I was older why she always scrubbed herself raw in the shower and cleaned her entire house with Clorox bleach like crazy! So sad!

Anyway, thank you for joining me here, it helps so much to share.

Love, Jackie

Last edited by Sacred Tobacco Woman; 03/22/13 12:45 PM.

Jacqueline Olivia Pina
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Jacqueline-

My family also did the Clorox washing for everything including baths. I never made the connection that it had everything to do with them being conditioned to believe they were dirty.

Thanks for that awareness.

Sending you loving and healing energy tonight.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
S
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
S
Thank you, Yvonnie, your words are always comforting and healing for me.

Likewise, sending you loving and healing energy too!

Jacqueline Olivia Pina
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.