Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#800933 01/16/13 08:08 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Have you converted to cell phone camera only? Or do you still use a separate camera? What one do you have?

I have a Canon S100 point-and-shoot. It has anti-shake technology which I need; my hands get a bit shaky. I like that I can easily carry it in my pocket so I always have it on me.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
M
I have a Nikon Coolpix P90, with a wide 24x zoom. I like to take macro photos. The closer I can get to it the better. If I can see the fuzz on the bumble bee or a flower I am thrilled. Do we have any other avid photographers?

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I'm currently playing with Bob's Canon EOS 40D for a college course in photography I'm taking. We'll see how it goes!

Yes I adore macro photos too smile

Low Carb Forum
N
N
I use these disposable cameras good for only one time. They make good pictures. My mom got herself a digital camera a few years before my dad retired, it's a Canon PowerShot A580. I've never used my mom's camera, I don't want to screw it up or erase a picture by mistake. She did take some pictures for me (recipes that have ingredients that comes from trees...we post them on Tree Nation and get 2 extra daily drops 1 tree and 20 drops....that makes me think that i have lots to post!!!). I could get one with my Bonidollars with my Visa card, it's red and I love red, I've been thinking about it since getting the new catalogue, I can't remember the name of it.

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
I did have a 35mm Pentex ME and a Kodak EasyShare, but they were both stolen. Now, the only camera I have is at the back of my eyeballs. But, I still think like a photographer when I'm out and about or leafing through magazines.

Beverly Elrod
May all your thoughts be CRAFTY ones!

Beya's Craft & Hobby
Beya's Backyard Tatting

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Beverly -

Did you try the online salvation army websites? You can get a camera for under $20 in many places! It might be worth having, for your web projects!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
I hadn't thought about online thrift stores. Thanks, I'll do that.

Beverly Elrod

Beya's Craft & Hobby
Beya's Backyard Tatting

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Beverly -

It's a way for you to help the charity, and for your photos to help your visitors!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Ok, Lisa, it's all your fault. I went to shopgoodwill.com and now I have two 35mm cameras. One is a Pentex ME and the other is a Canon EOS. I also managed to snag a Sony Cyber-shot digital camera. I'm waiting for some lenses to arrive as well as a winder and another lens for the Canon. I think I've spent less than $200. Considerably more than I needed to spend and it's all your fault.

LOL Just kidding. I think I got a great deal on all of it. I went right out and bought some rechargeable batteries for the Sony, went online and downloaded a free manual and I've been playing with it trying to figure it out. I'm so excited. But it does take one of those long memory sticks (which my local Kmart doesn't carry). Next time I get to Walmart I'll check there. The internal memory holds only about 10 pictures. I can't believe it's so low. But, it's ok for while I'm still learning how to work it.

Thanks so much for the idea to go to a thrift store. I'm really excited and happy with my purchases and I know that Goodwill is great at helping people get a job who can't qualify to work in other places. So, it's a win/win situation.

Beverly Elrod

Beya's Craft & Hobby
Beya's Backyard Tatting

P
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
P
Hi Beverly,
I don't know much about the Pentex, but with the Canon, make sure you purchase lenses that will work on the digital Canons as well.

My first SLR was a Canon Rebel - a long time ago! It's a great camera to learn on! I still recommend the EOS Rebel; but now as a digital Rebel for beginners as an affordable, yet awesome DSLR.

I'm also a huge proponant of buying used; especially now that photography is so popular! People sell used equipment that has barely been used! There is always a risk, but you may possibly save $100s!

What model Cyber-shot did you get?

PeggyFarren
Photography
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ewa - Photography 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.