Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#804439 02/04/13 01:37 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I'm doing my best for our Biggest Loser team!

Biggest Loser Team

Had my morning shake, feeling better, down 2 pounds from last week so the flu seems to have given me a jump start smile. How are you doing?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I lost 2 lbs normally and another 6 from being sick since Sunday, but I won't include that until next week to see if it's sustained...LOL...

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dianne -

Right I actually had lost 3 pounds but one pound seemed to be flu-related so I didn't count that one. So my new weight is 128 and hopefully I can work my way down from there!

Of course my boyfriend brought me home Pinwheels (one of my addictions) plus wants to take me to Indian Food on Wednesday, which I also tend to eat in a less-than-healthy way. I think he's trying to sabotage me so he wins the next weigh-in smile

Low Carb Forum
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Congratulations Lisa! Everything should be ok in moderation, including pinwheels.

My weightloss continues since I haven't eaten anything but a bowl of soup and 5 crackers since Sunday afternoon. I am trying to drink water, at least, because dehydration is a possibility.

Anyway, hopefully I will keep a few of these pounds off.

I am totally happy with the 2 inches off my waist at my last weigh in on 2/1. The only place I didn't lose inches is in my calves. I'm actually ok with that. :-)

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Hi Lisa. I have a question and decided to plunk it in this thread. My husband and I are doing Atkins. I have lost 8 pounds in three weeks which is good but I thought I would lose more.

My question is: Atkins is the only diet that deals with sugar alcohol. Other low carb diets just count carbs. What is best way to do it, what is the standard? I'm sure you no longer have to actually count carbs but how did you do it in the beginning?

I'm looking at your low-carb course but was hoping to get a quick fix for now.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Terri -

I apologize for not seeing this post!

Different bodies handle sugar alcohols in different ways. So it is an individual decision, to count them or not count them. Some people count them. Some don't. I don't count them. For my body, they don't affect me.

All low carb diets count net carbs, I do want to clarify that. You should never count fiber. In Europe fiber is always removed from all reported carb counts because it goes through you. It's not a carb your body burns. It's only in our strange US that fiber is shown as a carb on labels.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
This Biggest Loser challenge is helping motivate me - I'm down to 126.8! Back in 1994, when I was 25, I was 124lb. So that's my goal smile. How are you all doing with your healthy weight goals?

Low Carb Forum
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Thanks Lisa, I hit a plateau and am counting carbs as well as calories. What a chore. I can't go too low on the carbs because it affects me mentally. Any advice on the plateau. Also, what about Primal Blueprint, any advice?

Thanks, I appreciate your one on one attention.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Terri -

What really helps is to sign up with a free nutrition database. Then you don't have to manually count anything. You just enter what you eat and it gives you all sorts of details. That way you can make sure you get ample fiber, you avoid trans fats, you get your nutrients, and so on.

Your body synthesizes glucose out of a variety of energy sources, and that's what your brain uses, so your mind should never be out of energy unless you're simply not drawing in enough calories. Could it be that it's the blood sugar jolt that you are looking for? Do you have caffeine as a normal part of your daily diet?

On your plateau, is it a full plateau where your fat levels aren't changing? Or is your weight stationary while your body is converting fat to muscle?

Low Carb Forum
T
Parakeet
Parakeet
T
Lisa, you could be right about the blood sugar, my doctor told me to keep checking it. However, it seems to be stable. I drink one cup of coffee in the morning.

I'm not sure about my fat levels except that some of my clothes are baggy but that hasn't changed in awhile, otherwise my weight is stuck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.