logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
Hello, I am very excited to find such a wonderful thyroid problems devoted website in Bellaonline. I used to be a host of Polish Culture Forum some time ago. 2-3 years ago my doctor found out that I have slight hypothyroidism. He gave me the low dose of Synthroid. In December my dose was doubled since my thyroid is even lower. I take the Synthroid in the morning. Through the day and in the evening my hands amd feet are awfully cold (I live in Idaho). Is there any efficient and short exercise which would help to keep my extermities warm? I go to the athletic club often and love power yoga, but even after the intensive exercise my hands do not stay warm for long. By the way, my moods are terrible, I have depression mixed with anxiety, maybe partly due to the fact that I work from home although I desperately look for a normal job outside of home... maybe it is partly due to the thyroid medicine, not sure. Please, give me advice how to warm my hands and keep stable emotionally, thanks in advance ;)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
M

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Monarch -

I know you meant to help - but it's a copyright violation to take an entire article from one place and post it onto another website. In the future please summarize the content of the article if you wish, and/or link to it so people can go read it in its proper location.

Thanks!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
M
M
I find that article very interesting. I am going to try taking meds at night. I'll let you know if it helps.

K
K
Jaga,
From your post, your problem is two fold.
First your sound like you are being under treated, which probably means your doctor is a "TSH worshiper".

The best 'fix' is to find a doctor that will prescribe desiccated thyroid, dosing by Free T3 and Free T4, and by symptom release.

G Syck
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Taking thyroid medication at night leaves most feeling weak and lethargic during the day.

Look at switching your medication to Armor Thyroid

Start taking folic acid to improve your circulation - "as directed" on a bottle is intended for normal functioning systems. Each body is different, however, you are likely going to need to take more. It's a matter of trial and listening to your body to know when you have reached correct intake.

Have your vitamin D levels checked (I suspect it's low) Getting your levels checked is done through blood work. If your doctor refuses - find another.

If you are not already doing so it is important for you to incorporate Selenium and Kelp (iodine). Selenium AND Kelp (iodine) is the chemical key to unlock proper hormonal distribution. If you only take one of them it will not be effective.

Do not eat any soy or corn products. If you are interested in help with diet let me know.

I look forward to reading your comments.

The evolution of humankind can be measured by how its animals are treated.

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter
J
J
I second Deb's recommendation to look into switching to Armour. When I was on Levothyroxine I was always freezing even when it was warm. I actually took my temperature every 3 hours for a week and it varied from 95 degrees (borderline hypothermia) to 97 and it was never where it should be. I switched to Armour about a month ago and my temperature has been fairly regular ever since. Armour also reduced a lot of other symptoms I've been dealing with for years and I feel better than I have in a long time. I don't know if it's the best choice for you but it definitely helped me a lot!

Hi Jaga, nice to meet you. Ever since I had my thyroid irradiated to quieten my Graves Disease, I've been on Levothyroxine. I've learnt over the many years since 1987, to listen to my body and know when it's time to either up or lower my thyroxine intake. If you're feeling the cold and maybe gaining weight without reason, then maybe you need a blood test to check your TSH and T4 levels. If your TSH is high then you need to increase your thyroxine intake. Please don't take your thyroxine at night as it will give you insomnia, and yes you will feel sluggish during the day. It's also best to have your medication one hour before breakfast as many foods can interfer with the absorbtion of thyroxine. Try to have a TSH, T4 and sometimes T3 blood test at least every six months. Sometimes every three months is necessary. Good luck to you. Blessings Margaret

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.