Second is to travel to Tibet.
And I hope my parents can be healthy. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Jilly -

Those are awesome one year goals! They are concrete and apply to your priorities in life. They are attainable. They can be handled with small, easy steps. We'd love to help in any way we can!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Omily -

Finding a job is a great goal, and traveling to Tibet sounds like amazing fun! Both of those are wonderful goals, and they are ones you can break down into discrete steps.

Is there any way to have steps in your own life which would lead to your parents having better health?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK I last did my one-year goals last November so it's definitely time to look at the list. I had:

* BellaOnline at < 60 empty sites
* Clean One Room a Week
* < 10 Promo Books in Pile
* Finish Native American Book
* Publish 2 new medieval novels
* Graduate College!!
* Do an Unassisted Pull-up
* Do Downward Dog very well
* Fat at 18%
* Have zero email messages in all BellaOnline
* Practice guitar once/week
* Practice piano once/week

The college one is so close! I was just choosing my final three classes for my degree. It was bittersweet. I am SO SO happy about earning the degree - but I'm going to miss the classes! I have learned so much in those classes.

I have been working on the medieval novels on and off, and making progress. I'm working on five at once and three are each about half written. So we'll see which two get "done" this year.

That poor wedding book is just stalled. I need to give some thought to that.

I want to add in that I want to publish the 2012 mystery novel, and then write the 2013 mystery novel in NaNoWriMo.

The "clean one room" is not really a yearly goal. Goals need to have a specific end date and be measurable. So I think this doesn't meet those criteria. What would I really like by the end of this year? How about just having my OFFICE in a finally fully organized state. I will aim for that.

I can take the < 10 books on promo list item off the list! That promo pile is finally well under control.

I have to take the unassisted pull-up off the list. As much as I really want to do it, the gear is at the gym, and I don't go there.

The practicing guitar / piano once a week also suffer from the "not an end goal" issue. So I need to reword those into end goals. How about "play moonlight sonata with music" and "play dueling banjos with music". That makes more sense.

OK so that would make my current list:

* Graduate College!!
* BellaOnline at < 60 empty sites
* Have office fully organized
* Finish Native American Book
* Publish 2 medieval novels
* Publish 1 mystery novel (2012)
* Write 1 mystery novel (2013 nanowrimo)
* Do Downward Dog very well
* Body Fat at 18%
* Have zero email messages in all BellaOnline
* Play moonlight sonata on piano with music
* Play dueling banjos on guitar with music

That seems to be much better in terms of items which can "end" at some point within a year, and have measurable, meaningful, attainable attributes to them.

I'm printing the new list out right now to hang by my desk!

How are you guys doing?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Thank you, Lisa. Here is my recent progress:

- down to the 500 reviewer's rank badge at Amazon. Today the rank is 527. It is inching closer to the coveted under-500 spots. It might take a few more months to get there, but I really enjoy putting up reviews.

Update a few days later: rank is 516.

- figure out where I am supposed to be living: I actually more or less have this one planned! At least for the next year or two. I'll be in Florida a few weeks more, then San Diego, then go back to Camp Verde. When in Camp Verde, I need to figure out who to help me bring Serenity to Yuma. From there, I can hang out in Yuma until it gets too hot, and spend the hot months in San Diego. Then enjoy the fall and winter in Yuma again, and leave in the fall of 2014 for Europe. I will stay in Europe until I run out of money to sleep in hostels. I have no further plans for when I get back from Europe, hopefully not until Fall of 2014. I don't want or need to have a plan for past that point. I guess i will go back to Yuma and live in Serenity, unless I have a compelling reason to be elsewhere.

- gotten help for the hoarding and a plan to work on it. Somewhere I need to squeeze this in. I found a yahoo group that I need to fill out an application for, and they only let so many people in at a time.

- figure out if I will try to return to work or apply again for SSI: I decided I need to apply for SSI. I really am not well enough to be working.

- create a system of extrinsic rewards for getting things done on the daily level in my life. I am consciously working on this. I'll update this later, but I have some good ideas to start with.

Last edited by Jilly; 02/06/13 07:38 PM.
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Lisa and Jilly, it sounds like you both have made good progress on your goals. Jilly, your travels sound so exciting!

I took a look at my goals as well
- 30 lb weight loss to ideal weight
-Pay off at least one credit card
- Run 5k by Feb 24th
-Increase page views

I've lost 5.5 of my 30 lbs. I've been sick recently so I have actually lost another 6 lbs, but I won't count that since it's from not eating for 2 todays.

I managed to pay off 1 credit card.

I have made my travel plans to get to the marathon in Disney at the end of the month to run the marathon.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
What is this Disney marathon?

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Update: today my Amazon rank is 506! I am almost at my second milestone goal! That makes me feel happy.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
YAY! Over last weekend I achieved the second half of my goal to make it to the Top 500 level of Amazon reviewers. I was so happy to see that 500 badge, and I am content to let it stay within the 500s. I think 500 out of 15 million is a nice place to sit. :-)

I even took myself out that evening to celebrate.

All I have do do now is maintain the 500 level. So my rank today is 481. This has been a fun goal to pursue, and I enjoyed every second of it. It had the trifecta for me of interest, aptitude and an external reward system (the badges).

Last edited by Jilly; 02/28/13 01:14 PM.
Page 28 of 31 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 31

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.