Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 29 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 28 29
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. I'm a day late and a dollar short. Isn't that the saying? Yesterday I rode my recumbent bike for 30 minutes. I have worked up gradually to the 30 minutes and I have also increased the incline slowly.

Months back when I first started this I was on a level 1 incline. Now I warm up for 2 minutes on level 1-2; then I increase to level 3 for awhile, I didn't time it; then went to level 4 and stayed there until I cooled down for 2 minutes back at level 1-2.

I wasn't doing intervals, just a gradual increase and maintain. I was able to get my heart rate up to 70% of my maximum heart rate and this put me into the training zone (fat burning zone). For me 70% is around 117 beats per minute. Felt good afterwards.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
Dear Terri

Just woke up.As I was passing by my recumbant bike,YOU came into my mind.I hope and pray your shoulders are getting better.I am sending you thoughts of wellness.
Your friend

loong

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Thank you so much for your kindness. I will have surgery on my left shoulder in 10 days. I will definitely need your thoughts then.

Thank you for checking on me.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. My workouts are beginning to sound a little repetitive. I'm limited in what I can do because of my shoulders so most weight training is out of the picture.

However, last night I rode my recumbent bike for 30 minutes at low end, warm-up incline 1; high end, middle of workout incline at 4. I did some yoga afterwards. Felt really good.

Once I have my shoulder surgery (3/27) my entries will go on hiatus for a little while until I am able to exercise again. I may be able to ride my bike and use the treadmill after a couple of weeks. I am really going to miss my yoga practice. After a few weeks I will look for several poses I can do and concentrate on those.

It will be six weeks before I take the sling off and start physical therapy. That's when I will have some new and fun things to talk about.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Wow! I took the day off. It was very hectic and some pm yoga may have been nice but I was so tired. I had a doctor's appointment, then a meeting that lasted 2 hrs. Then I got to go home for a couple of hours and I used the time to get my article for this week ready to post. You should read the article:

Heart Rate Training Zones

Before I knew it it was 6:30pm and another meeting to go to. It lasted forever, 2.5 hours.

So tomorrow my schedule is not so full and I will be back at it. Plan on walking on treadmill tomorrow with some easy yoga.

Koala
Koala
ToTerri,
Want you to know that I pray for you ,everynite

Loong

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Loong, you are so kind. I am so grateful for your prayers.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. Tonight I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I started with a 2 min warm-up and then did 2.8 mph on incline of 3 for about 15 min. I started feeling a cramp in my right inner thigh so I lowered the incline to 2.5. It helped the cramp went away.

I did a 2 minute cool down. I got my heart rate into the training zone for 20-25 min. According to the treadmill I burned 170 calories and walked 1.3 miles.
Heart Rate Training Zones

Soon I am going to relax and enjoy my foam roller and do my pain-free back exercises. Don't worry I'm going to share both of these with you soon.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Last night I did "feel good" yoga which for me is seated and supine poses with long holds. It felt good, my body feels like it is turning to stone.

I also used my Miracle Balls on the sore spots (my back). Then I did a general Miracle Ball pose for relaxing my back and all of me.
The Miracle Ball Method-A Review

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Terri -

Last night my boyfriend's band played a gig so I was dancing all night long. I love it! I wish they gigged more often. Today my spine was sore and it was thrilled with my yoga session. So we'll see what other exercise I get in later today.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 13 of 29 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.