logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Koala
Koala
Dear Dr Hershey-MH

Dear Doc.,Wrote to you a few times.I have 2 subjects for you,if you do not mind ?
first, Terror Nitemares,every nite for quite a while
second:If I am in a restaurant ,and I hear a child yell or talk
very loudly,I get Mad and angry.It happened again tonite.
What could be causing that.These children ,we call Infant Kings
where I live.A few times almost got into fights,not so good for a Buddhist.When I was a child ,lacked love, and attention .Would do the exact things these kids are doing,looking to be the center of attention,and parents just let them yell.
Am I reliving my childhood,and that it is why ,I get so mad .
By writing ,what I just wrote,I beleive I found the source.But how do I stop that anger?
Do you know thatyou are the person that knows the most about my
brain ?
If you have a solution for both or a reference,I would greatly appreciate it.

Handing you flowers
Normand
loong

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi Loong,
Did you send a private email? I didn't receive them.
Please let me know what specifically you are asking regarding night terrors....

As far as the restaurant/kids topic.
I can understand you feeling angry/frustrated when kids are loud while you are trying to enjoy your meal and your night out. I think when the parents don't make any effort to discipline it becomes even more frustrating.

Instead of trying to stop your anger....accept it/embrace it. Try to forgive the weakness or difficulties of the other. Once you do you may be able to release it. ...OR a more practical solution is to eat at a different restaurant OR engage the manager...maybe they would be able to politely intervene for the benefit of the other patrons. I don't believe you were the only one bothered and disturbed by the behavior of the kids.....

Dr. Ilyssa Hershey
Mental Health Editor
Mental Health Site
Mental Health Facebook Page
Koala
Koala
Dear Doctor Hershey.

I once mentionned tnat I suffer from Terror Nitemares.Did a lot of research on the subject.Could not find the source.Maybe,you being a Doctor .could direct me to readings on the subject,or your own knowledge.19/20 nites of Terror nitemares.Had those for years.But it's getting harder and harder to live those every nite.
Thank you for your time
loong/normand

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Loong,
Ah, yes. We discussed this on another thread I believe.
If you can wait a few weeks (maybe two) I think I would like to write an article on this. This way I can learn more, others can learn more and you may find more information that can help you.

Dr. Ilyssa Hershey
Mental Health Editor
Mental Health Site
Jilly #808545 02/28/13 02:12 AM
S
S
Well some times it must help us to find the best thing that it would be best for us to get help.Sometimes it make help us and feel us relaxed.

Last edited by Skin; 02/28/13 02:14 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Skin,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Even the healthiest and most well adjusted person experiences anxiety in some form at some time.
We all have different ways of coping and sometimes hearing what works for others is so very helpful to our own journey of healing.
smile

Dr. Ilyssa Hershey
Mental Health Editor
Mental Health Site
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Nancy,
I was wondering how you are doing. Because of all the possible medical issues with your teeth/mouth and pains in your neck that you described I was so focused on the choking being somewhat related to a medical problem. As such, I failed to realize that YES! choking is one of ten possible symptoms of a panic attack. It goes along with increased heart palpitations and difficulty breathing....I am so sorry! I can't believe I missed that....I think because clients in the past have not described it just that way. Although, you did mention you sometimes experience panic attacks...does this symptom come at the time of the panic attack or is it just a solo feeling you get now and then?
Please update us or send me a private message.
Thanks!

Dr. Ilyssa Hershey
Mental Health Editor
Mental Health Site
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
No need to apologize! It can also be the way I wrote it, English is not my first language plus I was really freaked out over all of this so it could of shown in my writing. My last panic attacks were because I thought I was choking to death (1 was so severe that my mom really thought i was dying and shes used to seeing me freaking out). I still think about it since passing all those tests in the hospital and finding out it was really in my head but it is less and less and the feeling of chocking and the pain I had with it rarely happens so it is getting better. Some people would say why are you still thinking about that after getting tests done and finding out nothing physically is wrong but when you were like that for close to three months it is hard, especially when you have stress issues to start with plus a depression and already had panic attacks from time to time. Thank you for your concerns!

N
N
And about the panic attacks the last severe was on February 8 and on February 18 I had a small one (that was the day i went to the hospital and got all those tests and found out nothing was real except the tooth pain), after eating I had that feeling (choking) and it freaked me out because it was not on the sides but in the middle, I was like I will not choke after finding out I have nothing wrong physically but it turns out it was mucus, luckily I thought about that before that panic attack became severe! Did not have one since then. I took half an ativan of my mom's (she has them in 1...i was prescribed 10 by 0.5) that day right after my shower before going to bed and I still have that other half just in case, if I have to use it then I'll go get the prescribed ones after.

I 'Died' as a three month old baby, and the years have not been too kind to me. Consequently I too suffer from constant Anxiety. Sometimes when something happens in my life to cause me too much stress, my Anxiety levels go through the roof. Otherwise I handle it by taking a small amount of Oxazepam at night to at least help me get to sleep. SSRI's are no good for me as I have adverse reactions. Several years ago as my brain is covered in White Matter Lesions, I had a SPECT Scan done, and my Amygdala lit up like a Christmas tree, lol. It confirmed my state of Anxiety was real. I use to do Yoga and Meditation, but as the years have gone by my ability to at least Meditate has gone. Now I put my mind elsewhere by playing games on my computer. It works as a kind of Bio Feedback and relaxes me. My Brain loves a challenge, and games give me that. I like Word Games, puzzle games, and yes even a not so violent sci fi game or two. Shoot em war type games I'm not into. Margaret

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.