Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Kel C, astrovalley, cory455, marger, simplicityshines
57419 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57419 Members
417 Forums
113484 Topics
805703 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 351
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 123
Nancy Roussy 107
Beetlemess 99
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 96
Jana - Creativity Editor 85
Mona - Astronomy 48
Susan - Meditation Editor 43
Sandra Investing/HFinance 26
Dianne W - Editor 21
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#634639 - 10/03/10 01:43 PM Do you take a daily aspirin?
BellaDeb Offline
Zebra

Loc: Memphis, TN
Just wondering how many people take a daily aspirin. It's recommended by most cardio doctors and evidence seems to support that it can help prevent heart attacks and strokes. My family has a hsitory of both, so my doc said it was a good idea.

This Mayo cliniic article on daily aspirin has some good info.

Do you take an aspirin a day?
Smart Marketing Works

Add Do you take a daily aspirin? to Twitter Add Do you take a daily aspirin? to Facebook Add Do you take a daily aspirin? to MySpace Add Do you take a daily aspirin? to Del.icio.us Digg Do you take a daily aspirin? Add Do you take a daily aspirin? to Yahoo My Web Add Do you take a daily aspirin? to Google Bookmarks Add Do you take a daily aspirin? to Stumbleupon Add Do you take a daily aspirin? to Reddit
#634838 - 10/04/10 03:01 PM Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? [Re: BellaDeb]
Dianne W - Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Virginia
My doctor told me that I should when he took me off of blood pressure medicine. I never did. I probably should again since my pressure is starting to ease back up there.

The secret to a perfect interview? Know your story and practice it!

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

Add Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? to Twitter Add Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? to Facebook Add Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? to MySpace Add Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? Add Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? to Reddit
#634847 - 10/04/10 03:50 PM Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? [Re: Dianne W - Editor]
BellaDeb Offline
Zebra

My mom, who has high blood pressure has been taking it for years, and when she was recently hospitalized for a knee problem, the nurse told her that aspirin helps so many different things.

It's great to be off BP medicine! YAY! I have heard that celery can help lower blood pressure, too.
Smart Marketing Works

Add Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? to Twitter Add Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? to Facebook Add Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? to MySpace Add Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? Add Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? to Reddit
#635150 - 10/06/10 11:42 AM Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? [Re: BellaDeb]
Deanna Joseph Offline
Elephant

Loc: Southern California
I don't... I took it a while back and got a ringing in my ear that hasn't quite gone away.

But I do take Omega Fish Oil, Evening of Primrose Oil, Vit. E, and Ginkgo Biloba, which are known blood thinners.

I also take Hawthorn just cuz it's good for the heart and passionflower because it's good for stress.

After I lost 20 lbs I was able to go off my blood pressure meds too. But, I notice that if I eat something that gives me heartburn, my blood pressure goes up again. Like yesterday I had a gluten free bean and cheese burrito - ugh! I had gluten free cuz I thought it would go down easier - NOPE LOL! I'm finding out my body is not too crazy about rice either. At least not when it's turned into tortillas or noodles. :::Sigh:::

#635170 - 10/06/10 12:27 PM Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? [Re: Deanna Joseph]
Dianne W - Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Virginia
owww. The ringing in the ear came from taking asprin! Wow!!! It sounds like you are taking a healthy mix of stuff.

The secret to a perfect interview? Know your story and practice it!

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

#635172 - 10/06/10 12:39 PM Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? [Re: Dianne W - Editor]
"Rosie" Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Massachusetts
I do, My Doctor told me to take my Aspirin at night

#635190 - 10/06/10 02:25 PM Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? [Re: "Rosie"]
BellaDeb Offline
Zebra

Deanna, I never knew about aspirin & ringing in the ear. Sounds annoying. But, celery is also good for hearburn. (I know sounds like I'm selling celery! LOL). This one I've actually tried, though. It works for me. If I get heartburn or indigestion, I eat about a stalk of celery & it goes away.

Rosie, I read somewhere that they tell you to take it at night because it helps prevent early-morning heart attacks, and that seems to be a common time people get them (I didn't know that!) So they say taking it at night means it has more time to do its work & prevent them. Fascinating stuff, huh?
Smart Marketing Works

#635203 - 10/06/10 02:53 PM Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? [Re: BellaDeb]
Deanna Joseph Offline
Elephant

Loc: Southern California
Wow - this is all interesting!

Yeah, the ringing was something my doctor told me about - weird, huh LOL!

Though I do take it on occasion for headaches. I just don't take a bunch of it.

I love celery, and I've heard it's good for high blood pressure. I heard you had to eat like four stalks a day, right? But I've never tried it for heartburn. That's so cool.

My system is so --- UGH --- out of balance I guess, that any wee bit of the wrong food gives me heartburn. When I'm totally dairy, gluten, sugar, corn and rice free, I do pretty good. But dang! That doesn't always work out!

laugh Now I'm realizing why when I make rice noodles with celery and tofu, the rice noodles NEVER bother me!!! It was the celery!

Thanks Deb!

#635399 - 10/07/10 05:00 PM Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? [Re: Deanna Joseph]
Arrow - Stomach Issues Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: Idaho
Ringinf of the ears is a sign of toxic effects of aspirin.

If you are worried about blood clots take pycogenol daily. Many studies done that it prevents blood clots

also nattokinase will lower fibrogen levels. You don't need it unless your fibrogen levels are elevated and if you are over 55 you need to insist that that level is checked. Natto can also eat up a blood clot molecule by molecule in just a day or two.

Aspirin is dangerous medicine. Take vitamin c 3 grams a day and serrapeptase to reduce inflammation, it will actulaly roter rooter your vessesl, keeping them clean. Do research on it. As a nurse I see people die from the drugs doctors give them to keep their blood thin.

"and in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make" John Lennon

#808523 - 02/27/13 06:45 PM Re: Do you take a daily aspirin? [Re: BellaDeb]
Nancy Roussy Online   content
Elephant

Loc: Grand-M├ętis, Quebec, Canada
I only take aspirins when I have a headache or another type of pain. In my opinion taking a medication just in case is not a good idea.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Leah - BellaWellness Host 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
1 second ago
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
1 minute 6 seconds ago
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
3 minutes 9 seconds ago
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
6 minutes 40 seconds ago
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
28 minutes 7 seconds ago
The James Joyce Martello Tower Museum Dublin
by RoseEnglish
Short Stories
33 minutes 38 seconds ago
Fall Fun Word Game
by Beetlemess
Investing
Today at 09:11 AM
Balance, Darkness, and CMT
by Jori-ND Editor
Neuromuscular Diseases
Today at 07:49 AM
Waxing, anyone?
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Yesterday at 06:38 PM
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
Yesterday at 05:47 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
3 registered (Mona - Astronomy, Nancy Roussy, 1 invisible), 110 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.