Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 29 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 28 29
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. I didn't forget you last night. I just got home late and went straight to bed. So here is the workout I did yesterday afternoon:

I did the Powerhouse Pilates series by Mari Winsor. Some pretty tough stuff. Then I did a yoga sequence for backs. Then I did one of my favorite things I used my Miracle Balls. Total time one and half hour. It was only this long because I spent about 30 minutes with the miracle balls.
The Miracle Ball Method-A Review

Talk to you later after I exercise this afternoon. My plan is a nice steady state bike ride 20-30 minutes and some relaxing yoga or sometimes on Friday I only do yoga.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I strive for an hour of yoga each morning, and I try to keep track of that in the yoga forum. But I definitely want to incorporate other exercise each day so I'll aim to track that here.

So today in addition to my hour of yoga I did 100 sit-ups. I used to be able to do them straight through but at this stage in my life I had to do them in sets of 20. My hope is to at least work back up to sets of 30.

I also have been reading that short intense bursts of exercise are very good for you - so racing up stairs for 30 seconds, then resting, then going at it again. My stairs at my house aren't long enough to run them for 30 seconds smile. But I do have a step platform, so I could just hammer that for 30 seconds.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Lisa, I'm so glad you found us. I love yoga and try to do it each day, even if it is just a little bit.

Sounds like you had a good workout. Careful with the sit-ups on your back. There is a lot of conversation right now about HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) fast, hard, and powerful. I wrote this article about it Interval Training:Recumbent Bike HIIT Fat Burning Workout

It's not exactly what you did but it is along the same lines. I'm going to write an article about the theories surrounding the idea of 10 or 15 minute workouts.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I did do three 30-second bursts yesterday to give it a try. I did 30 seconds of fast stepping. Then after a minute I did 30 seconds of twisting. Then after a minute I did a minute of hula hooping with a weighted hula hoop. We'll see how it goes.

Today my tailbone area is fairly sore so I think the 100 situps on a carpeted floor wasn't the best of ideas. I should have done it on my yoga mat. So no situps today. I couldn't even do one without pain.

One of my editors asked on my facebook page for me to do an article about being too obsessed with / addicted to working out. It was in a conversation about a guy who felt all women should push themselves to be 10% body fat in order to be healthy. So that might be an idea for a future article for you! I thought it might be more appropriate for your site vs mine.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I like the idea: "I am a secret exrecise addict" or "Dark Obession, How long can she hide her exercise needs". Actually I know people who are obsessed and it is a good idea for an article.

I read an article today on Lycos about a stationary bike routine similar to your short bursts. It read "8 second sprint, 12 second recovery; continue for 20 minutes" sounds a bit over zealous to me.

Have you tried doing half sit-ups or using a pillow under your low back sacrum? I prefer crunches on the fitness ball but I also use a pillow or bolster for back support if I'm on the floor.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Were you looking for Friday's post? Well you're right it isn't there. My husband got a raise and we decided to celebrate and the celebration did not include working out.

Not to worry, I will be back at it tomorrow.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Didn't write last night because I had to watch "The Bachelor", last episode. It was so good, he asked Katherine to marry him and of course she said yes.

So in the afternoon I walked on my new treadmill for 30 minutes. It was great. I got it because after my upcoming shoulder sugery my exercise choices will be limited. Now I will be able to rotate between my recumbent bike and treadmill. Today is bike day. I plan on doing some yoga if my shoulders will cooperate.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hello everyone. I have decided that I have been pushing myself too hard so I am giving myself permission to do less. Remeber "sometimes less is more".

Tonight I rode my recumbent bike with incline intervals(every 2 minutes) for 20 minutes. Got my heart rate into the training zone.

My shoulders are very sore and upper body work is off the table and will continue to be until after my shoulder surgery when I start PT. However I will try some simple yoga.

Koala
Koala
Dear Terri.

Bravo.I am a reformed addict.An addict does not see his overdoing may it be alcool,woman/men drugs and the sneakyist of
all Exercise.
Look at me no more knees for at least 8 to 10 years.
The sneakyist drug is Endorphen.Breaking the habit will be quite something,because an exercise addict is like an overeater,we have to eat and exercise.Setting the bar,is a great decision.

With compassion and loving kindness
loong

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Thanks Loong. I took off last night. Went to choir practice to "sing like an angel". Had a nice time. I could have exercised in the afternoon but I was out and about on a really nice day.

Page 12 of 29 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.