logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 29 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 28 29
Koala
Koala
Dear Terri,

If you were not so far away,I would give you a good massage.
My body is all broken down because of abuse,don't be one ;-]
Your studentloong

Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Oh Loong, that would be so wonderful. I abused my body as a "young thing" and am paying for it now.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Good evening to you all. I did a short but challenging workout today.

I did a HIIT ride on the recumbent bike: 2 minute warm-up at a nice easy pace. Then alternating one minute intervals of high resistance and recovery for twenty minutes. Got my heart rate up in the fat burning zone. Did a 2 minute cool-down, slowly winding down to a stop.

Watch for my upcoming article: Measuring Your Target Heart Rate. It will show you how to use your heart rate to guide your workouts.

That's it folks. Talk to you tomorrow. TJ

S
S
Hello to all ,

Exercise is the best way to found your perfect body. I think exercise is better then diet. I would suggest you have firstly think the plan for weight loss or fitness is important our body. Until now you have do regularly exercise. It's very simple exercise like walking, running, jumping.

***NOTE: new users are not allowed to add links/urls to their posts!!

Last edited by Sadhana - Indian Food; 03/01/13 01:16 AM.
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I bet you thought I had forgotten about you. Well just for a little while. I did something totally different for my workout yesterday.

I'm sitting on the loveseat and happen to glance at the couch and lo and behold --there it is, my WII. Funny how we forget things if they're not right in our face.

So I got the WII out and did about 50 minutes of healthy back and pilates. It was great. Lots of fun to do something so different.

I have to be careful about my workouts for now until I find out about my shoulders. But there is still plenty I can do and I'm thankful for that.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. Today I rode the recumbent bike for 20 minutes staying in the target heart rate fitness zone. (I have an upcoming article about heart rates and zones. Watch for a posting of it's arrival in the forum).

Then I did the complete intermediate classic Pilates series. I worked up quite a sweat. I cooled off with some easy floor yoga. Ended in Reclining Cobbler's Pose. How relaxing!

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. Well it was one of those days. Found out that I am going to have repeat surgery on left rotator cuff. I had surgery nine months ago but it did not heal completely and has torn further. I also have a brand new tear, same shoulder, probably due to arthritis, bone spurs, etc.

What this means for me:
*Can't use my left arm for at least 6 weeks and very limited use for several months
*I need help washing and combing my hair
*Lift nothing
*Physical Therapy
*Won't have to help with chores
*Exercise limitations--I plan on using the recumbent bike more as it is least likely to disturb the shoulder. I am also working on a combo pilates-yoga (yogalates) sequence that doesn't involve using my arms (for awhile). I will share this with you when I have it completed. I used to teach a yogalates class and it was fun.
*Lots of time for reading and researching.
*Better have a line-up of articles in que so I don't miss a week.

Didn't exercise tonight. Feeling sorry for myself, but now that I have an exercise plan I feel better. Tomorrow will be a better day. TJ

Koala
Koala
Dear Terri,
How do you think I got 8 tares in my knees.Abuse.Stopped playing goaltender at 41 ,my body could not take it. Overplayed Tennis ,up to 30 hours a week ,I was the scrambler type,I would run every ball.Seeing my doctor tomorrow finally.I have been living with torn ligaments,since 2007.No pills .
Why are you so hard on yourself.

I remember when I taught Tennis,the first question I would ask my studentwas:Are you planning to go to Wimbledon in a few years.
The answer was always no.So are you preparing for the olympics?

loong

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Thank you Loong for the note. I feel for your knees and hope the doctor will help you.

I really don't intend to sound like I am hard on myself, only regretfull because it has taken me awhile (18 months) to get back in shape after two previous shoulder sugeries.

Right shouler rotator cuff-complete tear (18 months): I fell down and landed on that shoulder-cement- ouch!

Left shoulder rotator cuff-complete tear: I was in a car accident in India. Tore up the shoulder and first repair was 9 months ago. My right knee took some hard damage also but we (surgeon and I) decided to get the shoulders working first because they are more painful.

I'm going to need some cheerleaders so I hope you will be one. Surgery not until week of March 25. Thank you for your concern.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. I didn't forget you last night. I just got home late and went straight to bed. So here is the workout I did yesterday afternoon:

I did the Powerhouse Pilates series by Mari Winsor. Some pretty tough stuff. Then I did a yoga sequence for backs. Then I did one of my favorite things I used my Miracle Balls. Total time one and half hour. It was only this long because I spent about 30 minutes with the miracle balls.
The Miracle Ball Method-A Review

Talk to you later after I exercise this afternoon. My plan is a nice steady state bike ride 20-30 minutes and some relaxing yoga or sometimes on Friday I only do yoga.

Page 11 of 29 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.