logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I find one video about is on Yu Tube, it is like knitting with a modified crochet hook. I want to have a try, because crocheting is quicker than knitting and I like crocheting more.

Nbeads, finding the best beading accessories for you.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
This is also called tunisian crochet it has been around for awhile, and is getting updated, like the loom knitting. It has a few unique stitches that are very cool! You can try searching on tunisian crochet as well as knocking.

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
J
Koala
Koala
J
I hadn't heard about this type of stitch. Looks very interesting!

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Originally Posted By: AKLisa- Knitting Editor
This is also called tunisian crochet it has been around for awhile, and is getting updated, like the loom knitting. It has a few unique stitches that are very cool! You can try searching on tunisian crochet as well as knocking.

yes, it will be quicker than knitting, i'm trying to Knooking sometihing, like scarf, gloves etc.

Nbeads, finding the best beading accessories for you.
Lisa, I got a beginning Knook kit and tried it I tis NOT Tunisian crochet. It is true kittin with a crochet hoot. I have crocheted for longer than I have knit and Tunisian stitch is very different from knooking.

Note: new users are not allowed to add urls/links to their posts or signatures :-).

Last edited by Sadhana - Indian Food; 02/19/13 10:35 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Juli, i will take another look at this - when I looked at the two, I thought they were the same or very similar. Can you share with us what some of the differences are?

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
Lisa, for starters, in knooking, you don't clear the stitches off the hook. The stitches are all working stitches as in knitting. To work stitches you begin with a chain as in crochet, however, you work into the front loop of the chain and keep the stitches on the hook. Then you slide them onto the cable attached to the hook, turn the work without removing the stitches from the cable, and work a twisted knit stitch, using the hook instead of a knitting needle.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
oh, wow! I think I understand what you are saying. They are very different things. Whenever I have looked a tunisian crocheted items, they appeared to me to be knitted. Thank you for clarifying this!

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A
Actually the knooking is not tunisian crochet. It is actually knitting with a hook, quite different then tunisian. I think that it is actually easier to knit with needles and then crochet the parts you want then it is to knook. Tunisian is totally different and creates a very different product. Knooking actually creates knitted stitches where tunisian is a thicker mat like when you use what is called the tunisian knit stitch.

Gecko
Gecko
There will be Knooking how to's very soon smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.