Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#806695 02/18/13 07:15 PM
J
jensaks Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Help! I'm a newbie on this forum..came here because I'm knitting a baby sweater and I am stuck. The pattern is from Rowan's "Just Baby" in case anyone here has it. The sweater is "Nolan". I've done the front up to where I am to start shaping the front neck. It's a raglan sleeve plum and purple striped sweater and buttons down the front on a diagonal at each shoulder. I just finished the front, ending on a plum-colored stripe, 33 stitches left on the needle, followed by one row with RS facing. So here's where I'm at: Shape Front Neck --Next row (RS) K2, K2tog,K3 and turn, leaving remaining stitches on a holder. 5 sts. --Work each side of neck separately. --Next row: sl 1, K2tog, psso and fasten off --Next row (WS): P2 tog, P4 --Next row K2, K3 tog --Next row: P2tog, P1 --Next row: K2tog and fasten off. With RS facing, rejoin appropriate yarn to rem sts, cast off 19 sts, K to last 4 sts, sl 1, K1 psso, K2, 6 sts. Complete to match first side, reversing shapings. I have NO CLUE as to what they're talking about. I can take it over to the knit shop and ask them, but I'm hoping this will make good sense to someone tonight so I can get back to work on it. Thanks so much, Jennifer

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I think they are wanting you to mirror the stitches from the first side of the neck. So, you would pick up the other side, and starting from picking up the remaining neck stitches you would:
---Work each side of neck separately. --Next row: sl 1, ask, psso and fasten off --Next row (WS): P4, P2 tog --Next row sssk2, K2 --Next row: P1,P2tog --Next row: ask and fasten off.

Let us know how this goes, and if you have nay more questions!

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.