Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
astrovalley, cory455, marger, simplicityshines, Jessyyoga
57418 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57418 Members
417 Forums
113481 Topics
805679 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 419
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 123
Nancy Roussy 100
Beetlemess 100
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 95
Jana - Creativity Editor 86
Mona - Astronomy 47
Susan - Meditation Editor 44
Sandra Investing/HFinance 31
Dianne W - Editor 22
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#806540 - 02/17/13 05:49 PM Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
Thank you for your thoughts on that. I usually am able to recall wonderful adventures like that when I am afraid (say, when getting a tooth pulled at the dentist), and it helps me stay calm.

Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Twitter Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Facebook Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to MySpace Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Stumbleupon Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Reddit
#806554 - 02/17/13 06:51 PM Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Ruby June Offline

Loc: Spokane
Sometimes it helps me to think about my safe places, the places I go to fully relax and read or nap or talk about meaningful things. If I am not able to be near my safe places, I try to think about the feeling of the couch or chair that are there, the lovely smells in the air, the taste of the peppermint tea I drink. My body relaxes just by thinking of these places and reduces my anxiety.

Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Twitter Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Facebook Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to MySpace Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Stumbleupon Add Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety to Reddit
#806556 - 02/17/13 07:07 PM Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Ruby June Offline

Loc: Spokane
I feel really thankful to have really great health care providers. I have a team of doctors, each providing his or her specialty that I can call on as needed that I have known for years. Mental health, physical health, dental health, chiropractor, massage therapist, etc. It's so awesome to have that support network in place. I'm thankful for the structure that allows me to have my medical home for all my care, instead of requiring me to see a different doctor each visit. And I feel very fortunate to have a job that provides the insurance so I can get the care I need. I'm very grateful and feel extremely humbled. Which also makes me feel concern for my fellow earthmates who don't have this care. Wow, just re-reading this is powerful to me. My heart is really humbled.

Edited by Ruby June (02/17/13 07:11 PM)

#806617 - 02/18/13 05:48 AM Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
djesse Offline

[quote=Dr. Hershey-MH] What are some strategies you can share that has helped you to reduce your everyday stress or worry? [/quote] I think this is something weird but for me, to reduce my stress and worry, I will go out and play with children in our place, it seems when I am with them, I can also be happy and active, good thing they still let me join though there are some cases I am the one who is responsible to stop whenever someone will start to fight and we know it is common and natural for children to have a little fight but after a few moment, they can be friends again. Sometimes, I just need to take a good rest in order to reduce or get rid of stress.

#806658 - 02/18/13 12:58 PM Re: Strategies to Reduce Anxiety [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Dr. Hershey-MH Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

@djesse - If you have ever watched kids play, you can see how totally in the now they are. They are totally focused on the moment. I can see how this activity would help reduce your worry/anxiety. Exercise/activity is also known to reduce anxiety...so you have two great strategies going on at once!

@ruby - safe place visualization is a great technique!
Mental Health Facebook Page

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Dr J Webb - Mental Health 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What Yoga did you Do Today?
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Yoga
4 seconds ago
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 09:39 AM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 09:24 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 09:23 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Today at 09:17 AM
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
Today at 09:13 AM
Free French Fries at Burger King
by cory455
Freebies
Today at 08:05 AM
What Beer Judges Know That You May Not
by cory455
Beer & Brewing
Today at 08:02 AM
Clorox Care Concepts Germicidal Non-Bleach Wipes
by BB -Body Care
Body Care
Today at 06:36 AM
Ethnic hair care and exercise
by hugoweaving
Ethnic Beauty
Today at 02:33 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames), 108 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.