Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Kellyack91, sienawilson, test18818, Home Circus, anthonyroman1210
56583 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56583 Members
417 Forums
111487 Topics
786272 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 276
Nancy Roussy 174
Rosie 66 153
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 136
loongdragon 118
James Andrew 109
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 76
Jilly 65
Lestie4containergardens 64
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 51
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#798548 - 01/01/13 09:35 AM Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse
Sandra - Investing Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

If the House passes the Fiscal Cliff Deal today, the 2% payroll tax cut will lapse. However, anyone making under $450,000 will not see their income taxes rise.

Let's hope the House passes the deal today.

Here's the link to my ebook:
Investing $10K in 2013

Please consider signing up for the Investing Newsletter.

Add Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse to Twitter Add Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse to Facebook Add Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse to MySpace Add Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse to Del.icio.us Digg Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse Add Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse to Yahoo My Web Add Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse to Google Bookmarks Add Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse to Stumbleupon Add Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse to Reddit
#798617 - 01/02/13 09:08 AM Re: Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse [Re: Sandra - Investing]
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Make that any individual making under $400,000 and any couple making under $450,000 will not see their income taxes rise.

Yes, the House passed the bill. Now it is on to the debt ceiling. This has to be resolved by the end of February.

Investing $10K in 2013

Add Re: Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse to Twitter Add Re: Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse to Facebook Add Re: Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse to MySpace Add Re: Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse Add Re: Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse to Stumbleupon Add Re: Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse to Reddit
#806404 - 02/16/13 09:15 PM Re: Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse [Re: Sandra - Investing]
SWK Offline
Jellyfish

Sandra-This is something that confuses me. Can you clarify? Since the payroll tax cut lapsed, our paychecks are smaller, even though we make MUCH less than $450,000.
But you say our income taxes won't rise?
So, the gov't is taking more out of our paychecks, but we won't owe any more--which would mean that we'll, in essence, probably get a large refund next year, assuming we change nothing on our W-4's, since we're paying more per paycheck than we did last year?
Or are these not connected?

Add Re: Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse to Twitter Add Re: Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse to Facebook Add Re: Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse to MySpace Add Re: Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse Add Re: Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse to Stumbleupon Add Re: Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse to Reddit
#806597 - 02/18/13 08:42 AM Re: Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse [Re: Sandra - Investing]
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Sorry about that. I didn't make that very clear. Let me try to clarify. Our federal income taxes are staying the same. However, the Social Security Tax (Payroll Tax) is going back up by 2%. The Payroll Tax had been temporarily cut for a few years but now it is reverting to its previous level - hence a 2% increase from last year's payroll deduction.

So although you will not owe more taxes on your gross earnings, you will have to pay more into Social Security. This will reduce your weekly earnings. So no large tax refund.

I hope this explains it better. Let me know if you have any more questions. And Thank You for the questions. I'm glad to be able to try to get the right information out there to everyone.

Investing $10K in 2013

#806609 - 02/18/13 09:43 AM Re: Payroll Tax Cut Will Lapse [Re: Sandra - Investing]
SWK Offline
Jellyfish

Ok--Thanks for clarifying! smile

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Turn Your Passion into a Profitable Business
by James Andrew
Business Coach
10 minutes 25 seconds ago
Leather Jewelry Tips
by Anthony Roman
Jewelry Making
Today at 11:25 AM
Suggestion for fashion jewelry?
by James Andrew
Beauty Basics
Today at 11:21 AM
Any cheap cheap stores for the Autumn apparel
by James Andrew
Women's Fashion
Today at 11:10 AM
The Gifts of ADD
by James Andrew
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 10:59 AM
Orchid Photography
by Anu D - Orchids
Orchids
Today at 07:37 AM
What exercise did you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Exercise
Today at 07:35 AM
Ogden garden verse game
by Lestie4containergardens
Container Gardening
Today at 07:34 AM
Orchid Flora of Arunachal Pradesh – A Book Review
by Anu D - Orchids
Orchids
Today at 07:24 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 05:58 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
5 registered (Lestie4containergardens, Izeigo, Jai Young, Lynne - ChristianLiving, 1 invisible), 156 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.