logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Koala
Koala
I would never be able to give up my pets or feeding my outside animals (squirrels, birds, chipmunks or anyone else that wanders by) They give me such joy.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
I guess I consider pets family so I never considered putting any of them into the donation bin!

I still don't know what I couldn't live without, besides family. Material things don't matter.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I was also thinking like Lori - I don't see pets as objects to give up. I mean, i wouldn't give up my mom. :-)

As far as objects/consumer goods...I miss having a bathtub. I can do without it, but i actively miss submersing myself in warm water in the privacy of my own living space.

Um. Books. I wouldn't give up books, but i mean that in general and not the specific.

N
N
Satellite dish (the internet is a close second). All I have left in life that brings me joy and help me forget for just a little while that my life sucks are the Dallas Stars so without a satellite dish I cannot see their games (the internet gives me peace of mind because sometimes the satellite goes off or for some reason the start of a game or a part of a game or the entire game is not shown so i can jump on the internet and see it there). Michael Schumacher is the person who truely was keeping me alive but he is retired now. After my Hockey team only some music and movies help me from having an entirely empty sad life. As far as food goes salt I could never go without with Pepsi a close second, I could gradually stop drinking Pepsi but never eat without salt (i actually want to throw up when food is not salted...and of course that does not include sweet food..haha).

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Hi Nancy. I think from your other thread you mentioned not wanting to give up waxing. We probably all have some frivolity we all draw the line at parting from. I think for me, I still buy wine, even though it is not a necessity - it just makes me happy.

Can you give up satellite and just watch the games online?

N
N
Hi Jilly! I could watch the games online yes (i thought last night that i had to watch the start of the games there...took me a while to find a place with the American feed...but turned out that they had to wait until the other game stopped and TSN decided to start the game so i was good) but from my experience with Tennis (rarely shown live here...stopped watching when Andy Roddick retired) the feeds often stops or are blocked so you have to try another place, where I go it's on the same webpage but it always take several seconds to just know if it works and if it's really what you want to watch then you have to wait for the commercials to stop blocking the window. So it's better and less stressful (and more comfortable..haha) in front of the television. As far as waxing goes after I stopped waxing my tighs, belly and bikini it was 49$ but even that is starting to be too much, I'll continue until I have no choice to stop that too. You love wine and I love Pepsi, Pepsi too is not a necessity but I love it. Thankfully my parents are buying it for me so I don't have to stop or cut down on it. If I end up moving out and without a job like now I will have no choice but to stop waxing and there won't be any internet and television channels too so I stay with my parents and hope to find a job soon (its a small place here and most of the jobs are seasonal and things i cant do).

Koala
Koala
Dear Nancy,

I to
live in the province of Quebec.Mont Tremblant 'to be exact.

As far as I am concerned my phylosophy that I live in (buddhism) I must be ready to let go of eveything ,I like ,or attached to.There are 2 things in my life that I would not like to let go ,is my p.c. my only way of communication with other buddhists,
Buddhism itself.Buddhism is my way to stay alive.All that I have learned through this media,changed my whole life.

Loong

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Nancy, you are in a good situation, and i applaud your decision to stay home while times are tough! Your parents are good to you. :-)

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Loong, I understand totally about internet connection. It's the way I stay in touch with my version of socializing and learning and bettering my life.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Could you guys give up your car?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jilly 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.