Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 103 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 102 103
P
Amoeba
Amoeba
P
I am kind of new here a Bella, but enjoy reading this post. I guess today was sort of a splurge day for me. Doctors visit, spent $10.00....copay but at the same time asked them for a free blood glucose tester...yeah...so got that free. Bought $25.00 worth of gas...at $3.15 per gal. Bought my meds....plus mouth wash, and talc powder = $59.00 Then had a burger and coke......$4.00 Oh....and a MacD's coffee.....$1.10

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Lately I have been stocking up on veggies I get fresh and more affordable where I work at the farmstand. I have made zucchini breads to freeze, and I also froze other veggies and blueberries too. I will enjoy these things in the winter when prices at the grocery store are much higher for produce because all of it will be off season.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Debbie, it is so smart to use your freezer to set aside fresh, homemade goods for winter. I wish we all took the time to do this.

Do you have a secret to your zucchini bread?

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Welcome, PeggyAnne. It is so important to track where our spending goes, and you made a great contribution to your own awareness with your post.

Good on you for asking for the free glucose meter. Usually we can get all kinds of things we need, simply by having the courage to ask for them.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yesterday I bought a few beers out with hubby, at the Wavehouse on Mission beach. We had perfect chairs against the ocean, to watch the sunset. We also split nachos.

So that was all a splurge. We need to make sure splurges like that are really infrequent. How often do most people eat out or hit the pubs?

Yesterday I did get a free notary signature at AAA, so that saved me at least $7. I will need a few more this week.

Today I am not buying anything, except that I am considering picking up a set of ebooks on how to sell your stuff online. It's $47 for the kit, and that's a lot of money. I am thinking i will make it all back and more by selling stuff, and can also share the findings with everyone here, and review it.

What do you guys think I should do?

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hey Jilly,

Nice to see you posting again smile

I'll always remember you reaching out to me in friendship when I was new to Bella and kinda down and out in Beverly Hills smile

Now I get to return the favor smile

Connie, my better half, has been experiment with on-line garage and yard sales for over 4 years now and she had a bumpy road for a long time.

There was a lot of chaos and drama against the admin for enforcing decency rules of respect in the groups.

But, as she has just told me, all and all it is a good place to get rid of unwanted merchandise and things you simply don't want or need anymore.

Connie went through a lot of bummed out times when it was slow and did not take off.

Well, it did take off and over time she grew it to over 5000 members and had to have help with other admin.

She was structuring it on her own and was trying to keep people in the right categories and manage drama.

Well, as luck would have it, she was very fortunate to find out that there is a group of folks on facebook who have solved the majority of problems with an app inside facebook called

https:
//www.varagesale.com

So, save your $47 and find a VarageSale group in your area !!

They have over 300,000 groups that span the globe.

It is all done through facebook.

1) Have to have a facebook account.
2) The app is inside facebook called VS
3) Find a group in your area and ask to join !

I really, really hope this helps you out as it is very organized and orderly with over thousands of people buying and sell per group 24 / 7 !! smile !!!

Though this VarageSale, Connie and I have gotten everything from pots and pans brand new in the box to patio furniture Brand New $75 for the set -- brand new computer for dirt cheap, clothes, books, beds, antiques, jewelry, real gold for pennies on the dollar !!!

She is sitting in a slightly used leather chair with a matching ottoman for $15 !!!

We even got yard work done simply by asking who wanted to do it !!

Very inexpensive.

Times are hard and people are really taking advantage of this buying and selling person to person without a middleman !!

Here in Florida you have to have a permit for a physical yard sale limited to 2 per year.

But that does not apply to on-line yard sales.

It was made by a lady in Montreal Canada who's husband wrote the app to keep things orderly.

So, check it out Jilly smile

They have a map so you can find a group locally to you in AZ or CA.

Virtual Garage Sale !!

Best on The Planet !!!

There are individual yard sales on facebook, but since Connie started one on her own and was the admin, it became to unruly to manage, so now VarageSale is more organized and orderly so it pretty much runs itself without her pulling her hair out.

Hope this helps smile

Burt & Connie smile smile

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Burt, what a great concept! I looked, but didn't find a group for any of my local areas. So I looked up Facebook Yard Sale on google, and found some other similar sites.

Looking through things now. There are a lot of 'scam' weight loss systems posted, but other people are mentioning their things for sale.

I'll keep looking into this. Thank you for your helpful post!

P
Amoeba
Amoeba
P
Oh we have an online yard sale in my area, and I have used it.
Put a utility wagon up for sale and it was gone in less than 2 minutes....the seller and buyer always meet up at a public place, and never alone....complete the deal and away we go.

Works well, it is on facebook.

Oh today I spent way too much money, but it was all a necessity.
Food and gas.....did splurge on a buger and coke.

Hi Burt and Connie, hugs to you both.

And Jilly thanks for the warm welcome. hugs to you too.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I didn't buy anything today, but Dan wants to pick up a $20 fire safe for holding valuables.

What do you guys think of fire safes? Worth it?

Shark
Shark
For $20 I'd say it is worth it. You never know when you might need it - and there are some documents that are really worth protecting (birth certificates, SS cards, marriage license, etc).

"And the greatest of these is Love"
Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Page 30 of 103 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 102 103

Moderated by  Jilly 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.