logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
I have never scrapbooked before and I have a million pictures sitting in a box. How would you tackle this so that it does not seen overwhelming. I have been wanting to do this for years and years and years. (I probably could add a couple more years in there.) I pull everything out, look at the pictures and then, put it all back. I need to tackle this problem. Any suggestions?

BRANDI FORD
Hair Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Hi Brandi! I'm so glad that you asked these questions. I have several suggestions below. They don't have to be done in a specific order.

1. My first question is, are the photos sorted in any manner? By year or event? They don't have to be sorted, but if they are, that may help you decide how to start your books. If they are, you can also remove just a year's worth or just an event or two at a time, so it's not so overwhelming.
If there is no order, that's ok! Tackle it in smaller chunks. It isn't something you can finish in a day - a million photos??

2. You will need a few supplies - an album, some scrapbook paper and if you want them, some embellishments. You may want to learn what to do with them before you purchase too many. #3 will help with that.

3. If you have never scrapbooked before, you might want to get with a local consultant or scrapbook store or start with a basic class. They can help guide you. They can encourage you when it seems too overwhelming and they can offer you crop opportunities. They can also help you with supplies!

4. Do you have time to go to a crop (or several)? This is where you would bring your photos and supplies and work on your album(s).

5. If there really are a million photos and you've put it off for years and years, etc. (First, maybe you're scaring yourself just with that kind of talk! LOL) then this will probably be overwhelming - that's natural.

6. Try thinking about it this way... if you do ONE crop a month, ONE day, say you can do 3 layouts per 12 hours... in ONE year, that's 12 days out of 365... 3 layouts x 12 days = 36 layouts... probably TWO full albums! (We sell our albums with 5 page protectors which would be 5 layouts, including a front and last page. If you add 2 more sets of page protectors, which would be 15 layouts.)

In a simple way, this is some shopping, a class and some re-thinking!! I CAN tell you that scrapbooking is fun! It's not just about getting the photos in books. Wouldn’t it be nice to flip through those photos when they are set in albums and not loose and disorganized???

I do cover some of this in the Scrapbook 101 section of my page - that can be some reference/back up information for you, if you have time to look it up. I would look at the articles Emotions of Scrapbooking, Plan Your Scrapbooking or Scrapbooking - Getting Started.

Kathleen Rensel
Scrapbooking
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Somehow, I think this might become a future article! LOL

Kathleen Rensel
Scrapbooking
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
Kathleen, Great response and very helpful. I have several "current" albums that I am working on but I also have a lot of old photos that need to be scrapbooked. I just work on them when time permits and file them in chronological order later.

I look forward to reading your article on this subject.

Rhonda

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Thanks, Rhonda! I actually wrote the article the week after. Here's the link: BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Kathleen Rensel
Scrapbooking

Moderated by  M McVaney - Scrapbooking 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.