Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I have a cold and don't feel like exercising. Should I? Do you exercise when you are sick?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I do. If I skip just one day then I use this as an excuse to stop exercising (the last time i stopped was some time in august 2009 [i used moving to another city as an excuse] tonight will be the 162th day that i started again so you can see what happens when i use an excuse to stop). When I see that I'm starting to be fed up or about to give up exercising I give myself a break (of 4 weeks) then start another exercise. What I do is not extreme and hard so what it only does when I exercise while sick is that it is harder than usual.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Nancy you have incredible determination. You must be very proud of yourself for sticking to it. I think your idea of taking a break, (and designating how long), is a good one. Sometimes that's just what you need to get motivated.

Since I have been sick I have been doing a gentle yoga practice and using my Miracle Balls. Today I am feeling better and jumped on the old recumbent bike. Could only go 20 minutes but I have to start somewhere to build up my strength.

It was nice to talk with you.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I do exercise when I am sick because if I'm congested I find it helps. But I will go on the treadmill at 2mph instead of 3mph, for instance. And maybe for a shorter time.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi Tina.
Sometimes it makes us feel better if we just do a little bit of exercise and going slower is definitely the right thing to do.

Thanks for joining the conversation.

N
N
Hi Terri! I'm happy to hear that you now feel better. Yoga is something that interest me, I may try it one of these days. I never heard of miracle balls. It's a miracle when I actually do something I say I'll do and when I don't give up after (sometimes i even give up before starting) so for me saying that I will do an exercise for a certain amount of time and actually do it is really something big (even when sick...im a big wuss so when im sick its worst). That idea of taking a break and the idea of starting at one then adding one each day I had several years ago, I tried that to see if I could actually get at least that done and it worked (until i gave it before moving that is...im really lazy since then).

Parakeet
Parakeet
I'll admit that I do not exercise if I am sick. Instead, I rest, and ensure that I am feeding my body what it needs to get better. Regular exercise, if we pick something enjoyable is easy to pick back up when we get well. IMO. But, if I just have a mild cold or something that would not keep me home from work, then I continue on as normal as long as no headache, fever, vomiting etc,... is involved.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Nancy, you are probably really confused by now, I know I am. I thought my posted didn't go through then I realized it was under a different topic. So you will see several posts from me. Forgive my clumsiness.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi Stephanie, nice to meet you. If I am really sick then I won't exercise either. The first week I was sick I didn't have the energy to get out of bed so I sure didn't workout then. I slowly got better and did yoga as I felt better.

Listening to our bodies is really important and knowing when to take care of yourself and rest is a good thing.

Thanks for posting.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi Nancy, it's me again. You should give yoga a try. If you can't take a class there are some good videos. I have an article on beginning yoga and on miracle balls, (oh you would love them), here are the articles if you are interested in reading them:The Miracle Ball Method Review
Beginning Yoga Students Start Here

You really should think about giving the Miracle Balls a try. They are so relaxing and feel really good.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.