Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
defghi847404, mryannlgn, 051990, carodefelices, LinkReport
57108 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57109 Members
417 Forums
112786 Topics
798281 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 924
Beetlemess 571
Nancy Roussy 216
Karm - SW USA Editor 216
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 172
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 157
Dianne W - Editor 89
Mystic - Romance Movies 87
Tracy - Philosophy 83
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 82
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 6 of 15 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#806250 - 02/15/13 01:24 PM Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

So true, Dr. Hershey. Peace is found in the quiet, simple moments in life.

Today, the winds are blustery and I have a little concern about driving into the desert later today. But I will be with my mother and two of my sisters, and I am looking forward to that. We will be driving out to check on an elderly uncle 393 miles away.

I am preparing the house so he can move in with us. smile

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Twitter Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Facebook Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to MySpace Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Reddit
#806312 - 02/15/13 07:11 PM Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
Two days ago I got to have an adventure kayak with dan and I was so very very happy. The glow lasted for days, for only two hours of experience. We were ramming our boats through tight mangrove thickets and i felt i'd discovered a new adventure sport. During the experience I was whoo-hooing at the top of my lungs. YOU KNOW you're having a great day when you can use your skills to navigate safely an area that others would find frightening and otherworldly.

I'm so thankful for these too rare moments.

Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Twitter Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Facebook Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to MySpace Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? to Reddit
#806313 - 02/15/13 07:13 PM Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

PS - this did not hurt the mangroves in any way. Its was more like being on the set of Bogart's The African Queen. Awesome.

#806320 - 02/15/13 08:10 PM Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

Loc: Mont Tremblant,quebec Can
Dear Lori,

Great act of loving kindness and compassion.May you have a safe trip

loong

#806354 - 02/16/13 10:03 AM Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Dr. Hershey-MH Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Lori,
What a loving gesture! Your uncle is very lucky.

Jilly,
Sounds like a wonderful experience. When you are feeling low/anxious try to think back to that moment. The sights, sounds, smells and feeling. This activity of remembering a wonderful moment/experience may be a good technique to add to your "strategies to lower anxiety" list.

I am happy to be able to spend the day with my mom.

What is good/happy in your day today? smile
Mental Health Facebook Page

#806363 - 02/16/13 10:36 AM Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Burt B. Offline
Chipmunk

Lori,

Be safe out there.

I'm so very grateful that you are going to bring your uncle into your home.

Connie and I cared for my dad all the way through, right in the home.

You have no idea how important that is as we age and become more vulnerable.

It can get trying at times, but the love is not lost.

You will be able to offer your uncle warmth and security and allow him to enjoy the food he likes and the activities he likes.

-- Burt B.

#806505 - 02/17/13 07:02 PM Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Dr. Hershey-MH Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Today I am happy for the quiet, slow pace. No errands, chores. Just relaxing, writing and drinking my cupS of joe. smile

What is happy in your day today?
Mental Health Facebook Page

#806525 - 02/17/13 10:13 PM Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
JOY ( Self Development ) Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: England, UK
Originally Posted By: Dr. Hershey-MH
How happy are you? The field of Positive Psychology studies happiness and what makes life worth living...
Hi Ilyssa, the whole topic of 'Happiness' is fascinating, especially when one looks at how it's defined and experienced across the world. Many seek it all their lives only to find in the end that it was closer to home than they even imagined. (JOY)

#806528 - 02/17/13 10:18 PM Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

Loc: Mont Tremblant,quebec Can
Dear Dr.

Had a fantastic day.great breakfast at one restaurant,then moved to my office at MC Donald's,a friend came in we spoke,got back on my tablette and reading.For supper went to another restaurant.where I ate fantastic veggie foods.Met a retired Dentist.We exchanged spiritually.He said that he hurt people in his life,and is trying to do good ,even put adds in the newspaper
Gave Him a note:Ask the Universe to send you someone to love!
Told him if you do that ,you will be swamped with people you can help.
Loong

#806535 - 02/17/13 10:43 PM Re: Positive Psychology - How Happy Are You? [Re: Dr. Hershey-MH]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Lori, that is very giving of you, especially since you just settled your aunt comfortably elsewhere.

Today was better for me. I had some time to be affectionate with Dan, and that makes me feel happy.

Page 6 of 15 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 >

Moderator:  Dr J Webb - Mental Health 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What do you Have for Breakfast?
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
1 second ago
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
4 minutes 27 seconds ago
Word From Last Letter Game
by Linu
Contests & Sweepstakes
24 minutes 33 seconds ago
Are you a latest fashion slave or Not?
by Lynne - ChristianLiving
Women's Fashion
Today at 10:23 AM
100 days of gratitude
by Lynne - ChristianLiving
Christian Living
Today at 10:19 AM
ADD Medication Improves Parenting Skills
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 09:25 AM
The Gifts of ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 09:24 AM
Sides du jour
Sandwiches
Today at 09:23 AM
People Don't Change
by Dr J Webb - Mental Health
Mental Health
Today at 09:19 AM
Connie! Sandwich comp!
Sandwiches
Today at 09:18 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.