Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 29 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 28 29
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
You are an inspiration, Terri. You offer NO excuses for not exercising! In a chair?

Speaking of chair, I say this chair gym on TV. Do you recommend it? It seems light enough for me to use. I don't need heavy weights. Just resistance.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Chair exercises can be very effective. I'm not familiar with the chair gym but I will find ot. Thanks Lori.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I did some research on the Chair Gym and this is what I found:

1. Customers considered it over-priced. They were also overcharged when purchasing the upgrade. It is advertised at $14.95 and they were charged $29.95

2. Customer reviews stated that the company customer service was not easy to deal with.

3. Once purchased most customers said they could get as good as or better workout from resistance bands and dumbbells.

4. Some customers were very glad they bought it and gave it a good review.

Understand, I have not used this product myself and this is only my opinion. After watching video examples of the exercises, these exercises can be done with bands and dumbbells in your own chair. The advantage with this is you have variety and are not limited by what the Gym Chair can do.

The advantage of the Gym Chair is that your bands are set up for you once you put it together and there is a set of prepared exercises.

This is great, I'm going to write an article on chair exercises.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. I have decided that I am my own worst enemy. Wednesday will be the 3 week mark of my surgery. I'm feeling better, not muuch pain. But this really turned into a major shoulder surgery so the rehabilitation is from 4-6 months.

When you look at it like that 3 weeks is a drop in the bucket. So I am a very impatient woman and what do I start doing today? Yes, a new workout plan. LOL.

I realized my chose and took only a few exercises to do. I am not allowed to move my arm so the exercises are done in a chair and on the bed. I want to come up with a great comprehensive collection of recovery poses and share them with everyone.

So today I had pt and did 6-8 different exercises in a chair. Tomorrow I plan on riding the bike.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. Today I had PT. I do exercises with 1 lb. handheld dumbells and with bright green silly putty for my wrists and forearms. I also do shoulder shrugs, shoulder squeezes, the pendelum, neck releases, and door pulleys. Whew! Actually the only really hard thing are the door pulleys.

After I got home I rode my recumbent bike for 20 mins. My heart rate was in the training zone and it got there fast because I am still getting my energy back. I was tired but felt good.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. Today I rode my bike 20 min. It was a good ride. I'm trying to keep my exercise in the low-moderate range. I really want the shoulder to heal correctly and the physical therapists keeps warning me how the muscle might not reattch and even if it does there is no guarentee that the muscles will fire back to life. So I'm trying really hard to be good.

Koala
Koala
Dear Terri,
I hope ,you are feeling better.Just did 5 minutes at level 5 on my recumbant bike.Lost 25% at least ,of my body strength since my stabbing last month.Always out of breath.

I hope in a few months,I'll be better.

With friendship

loong

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Loong, please tell me about your stabbing.

Also, if you are going to ride the recumbent try lowering the resistance to 1 or 2 and then ride a little longer.

I'm sorry you do not have any strength.

Koala
Koala
Dear terri,
did 10 minutes on the bike at 2.
As far as the stabbing goes,Near the city,I was picking up a lovely girl.We had supper,she went back at her place to get her working clothes.So I parked in front of a convenience store.
All of asudden 4 teenagers stoned to death came out of the convenience store,and started yelling at me.They thought I was an undercover cop.Got out of the car and asked him what was his problem .He answered that I was lucky he did not have his knife
with him,because he would do me.So I got out my cane and walked about 25 feet.He Yelled so you are going to hit me with the cane now.so I dropped my cane and asked him where is knife was.
He stopped on the corner of the crossstreet.I made a u turn
drove maximum 75 feet in first gear.I still had mu winter tires with metal studs ,so I slipped when i braked ,turning the corner
2 of my wheels landed on the beginning of the sidewalk.
He started kicking my car.So to stop further dammage,i started walking behind my car.Then I saw one giving a knife to the guy.
He jumped over the trunk and stabbed me with a 12 to 15 inch
knife,inthe back straight in the lung.We are talking here of a
5 to6 inch stabbing.Did not feel the knife go in or out.Lost about one second of consciousness,the schock maybe.First thing i am on the ground,4 people holding me down.I told one of thepeople to get out of my sight,so I could see where they were running to.The stabber went in the first house ,the other in the 3rd house.Then I laid down on my back .Ambulance and squad car came in at the same time.Told the policeman where the kids lived.
he came back 10 minutes later saying that both had been arrested and going down to the station.I had apunctured lung .Lost a pint of blood,I stayed in the hospital 17 days,no shower ,no bathroom
in the room.They installed a 3/4 inch hose in my side ,that was the part that hurt the most.After what seemed an hour,he finally found the cut in the lung and the blood started flowing from the lung.I had that on for about 7 to 10 days.They removed ,i beleive about 3 gallons of blood and water from the lung.

loong,that is the short version of the event.

Koala
Koala
To Terri,
The police found the knife hidden in a shed between the 2 houses
hoping with my blood still on it.The next day ,I had forgiven the kids ,but they must pay for what they did.KARMA.

loong

Page 19 of 29 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.