Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
ethanharry, Amina Fashion Designer, kkschoe, mermatthews, djamel eddine chakrar
57245 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57245 Members
417 Forums
113119 Topics
801921 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 852
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 521
Beetlemess 220
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 179
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 115
Nancy Roussy 112
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 71
Jana - Creativity Editor 68
Sandra Investing/HFinance 45
Susan - Meditation Editor 45
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#805750 - 02/12/13 07:55 PM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Nancy Roussy]
Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Hi Nancy. Sorry you're still not feeling good. Congratulations on sticking with your exercise. I hope you like the breathing exercise.

Let us know how you're feeling.

Exercise: Website | Forum
Yoga: Website | Forum

Don't forget to sign up for the weekly Yoga Newsletter.

Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Twitter Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Facebook Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to MySpace Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Reddit
#805974 - 02/13/13 05:18 PM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
Nancy Roussy Offline
Elephant

Loc: Ste-Florence, Quebec, Canada
Thanks Terri! Today I still have low energy but the throat is okay. I had trouble again doing the exercise last night but I still did it completely without stopping. The pain in my tooth won't go away and there's sixteen more pills to go, I hope I won't have to take more antibiotics, if it's really three shots per day (i think she said that to scare me because she did not want to give it to me...the next time i go to the drugstore ill ask the pharmacist if its true) sounds interesting with the thought of chewing forty antibiotics again!

Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Twitter Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Facebook Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to MySpace Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Reddit
#805996 - 02/13/13 08:30 PM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Nancy Roussy]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Nancy, glad to hear your throat is better but sad you are still sick. I hope you don't have to do another round of antibiotics, yuck!

Take care of yourself and don't exercise too hard. Keep us posted. TJ

#806183 - 02/14/13 08:16 PM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
Nancy Roussy Offline
Elephant

Hi Terri! Today I have low energy and thought I was choking after breakfast and diner but the rest is okay. I am still doing my exercises (it went well last night). And I also learned today that when the doctor in the emergency room Monday said that that medication by injection would be three times a day is not true! They only have Apo-Pen VK with pills, it's other antibiotics that are available by injections and they are only given when you cannot get rid of an infection! I think hell exists and it's called Amqui! Only the pharmacists there know what they are doing medicine wise. I think I better find a way to get money to go where I used to live to get rid of my health problems because my tooth still hurts so unless a miracle happens these pills would not have worked (and its rare because 3 out of 4 times they do work!!).

#806187 - 02/14/13 10:02 PM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Nancy Roussy]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Nancy, I am so sorry you are having such a hard time. Please know that we are all pulling for you and that you will get better soon.

Let us know how you are doing tomorrow.

#806243 - 02/15/13 12:20 PM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
djesse Offline

I do only light exercises when I am sick, like walking, doing some stretching and some simple exercise. We should not force ourselves to still perform the usual exercise we do when we are sick, somehow we can think of it as our valid excuse to skip.

#806248 - 02/15/13 01:11 PM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Djesse, I agree it is good to take care of ourselves when we are sick and temper our workouts, or rest altogether. But if we stop altogether then we risk getting out of our routine and stopping.

I think maybe we could all go sit and do deep breathing during our regular workout time in order to save that time slot.

#806253 - 02/15/13 01:39 PM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
Edie - MysteryBooksEd Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Texas
I'm not sure it's healthy to exercise when I'm not feeling well. In fact, it could be a little dangerous. Depending on how bad I feel I either cancel the workout or just cut it back a bit.
ElderCareCafe

#806254 - 02/15/13 02:00 PM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Edie - MysteryBooksEd]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Edie, you are doing the right think by always listening to your body. Your instinct will tell you what to do.

#806297 - 02/15/13 05:14 PM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
Nancy Roussy Offline
Elephant

Thanks Terri! Today I woke up and the throat was already feeling awful. Thankfully it is okay now, I got fed up after taking the last pill then cooked meat with a mushroom sauce, I made sure to left enough for tomorrow's dinner and a little piece for tonight and I am planning of making pasta with cheese later too, I am tired of being hungry all the time because I am afraid of choking! The exercise went well last night (i was getting tired at the end though but i did it all in one time). I think I may have the time before my Hockey game to do the breathing exercise, if I do I'll let you know tomorrow!

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Willfully Unemployed!
by topsyturvy
Unemployment
Sandwich du jour
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
08:50 AM
The Gifts of ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
08:47 AM
Keeping a Relationship Fresh with ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
08:41 AM
Another dress pattern HELP!
by Melissa - Crochet Editor
Crochet
07:47 AM
Two November Poems
by Linda Sue Grimes
Poetry
07:18 AM
October 4 is Fall Astronomy Day - Look up!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
07:08 AM
What is your experience with supplements?
by anton83
Depression
07:06 AM
Your Poetry Signature
by Linda Sue Grimes
Poetry
06:52 AM
Leyna on Every Heart
by Linda Sue Grimes
Poetry
06:45 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 52 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.