Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 29 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 28 29
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. It's Monday and time to get back to work. I have not been sleeping well so tonight was a real effort at first. Once I got started it was okay.

I rode my recumbent bike for 30 minutes, yeah! (10 more than usual). I don't intend on always riding that long but that is what I had decided on tonight.

I got out my fitness ball and I did 50 crunches on the fitness ball. Best way to go, really protects the back. I also did 50 pushups using the fitness ball. Everyone needs a fitness ball. I will do a review on my favorite.

I'm already planning tomorrow's workout. I am going to do a long weight lifting session using dumbbells of various weights and the fitness ball. Oh, and some resistance with my bodyweight. I'll let you know if it goes as planned. TJ

Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I forgot that I listed products in my last article. They are actually what I am going to use tomorrow to workout with. You can go to Amazon.com and look at the book I love, Power Sculpting, and also my favorite fitness ball.

Here's the article:
Easy Exercise to Relieve Knee Pain

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Wow, I almost forgot to post tonight. I was just getting ready to snuggle up with a blanky and the Bachelor. Guess he'll have to wait.

Tonight I did the plan that I made yesterday. I did strength training using 3 and 5 lb. dumbbells and my fitness ball. I did at least one exercise, and most times more than one, for each major body part. Some exercises were only one set but several such as biceps and triceps were three sets. Abs were several sets also.

Now I am going to use my Miracle Balls and relax. TJ

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Good evening all. I have something to say that I am not proud of. I did not exercise today. Let's see, I could use the excuse, I was too tired or I didn't have time or I had to go to choir practice. But when you get right down to it I just didn't do it and that is what matters.

We all know that it is hard to keep up a regular exercise routine and that things come up that are important and may keep us from working out. That's why it's important to exercise regularly so when that happens it's not such a big deal to miss a workout.

The other part of not working out is that even though you've made it a habit it can be very fragile and easy to break. So tomorrow night watch for my post because I am not going to break my habit.

See you tomorrow. TJ

Koala
Koala
Dear Terri,

Skipping a day,i beleive is not something to be ashamed of.One can be ashamed,when he lies,does not hold is word,does,say awfull things.
No one was hurt,not even you ,you rested your body .
I am sorry me ,it is always about the Mind,with the body following.

Your student
loong

Koala
Koala
Dear Terri,

I was glad to tell you that I had done 5 minutes of the bicycle force2 and the 1 set of the exercise you sent me.Well .Compared to what you do,It sounds like nothing,but I am satisfied of the effort I did this morning.You wrote the following.

I also needed to some quick strength training so I did 50 half sit-ups and 50 pushups (on my knees, not full position). Total workout time 30 min.Before all my heart operations ,and my bad knees ,I did 50 push up every day,Now I can do 2.

Can you exlain what are sit ups and push ups ON THE KNEES.
Imiss my push ups.I can't beleive that I can only do 2 full push
ups.
I await patiently the explanation,and thanking you in advance.

loong the learner

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Loong, never compare your workouts to someone else. It has taken me awhile to work up to what I do now. I had a rough few years, injuries and surgeries and I am just now getting stronger.

In regard to sit-ups you will do those on your back. I am going to give you a very simple start. Lay on your back, bed or floor. Bend your knees and put your feet flat on the surface. Take a deep breath and pull it all the way up to your lungs. The exhale is where you work. On the exhale tuck pelvis slightly and draw your breath all the way down to the abodomen. Tighten, or draw in your abdomen as the breath is released and feel the muscles in your abdomen engage. You will probably need to practice this but you will get the hang of it. When you're ready we will move up to half sit-ups.

In regard to push-ups, I don't think you should do them on your knees because of their condition. So try a wall push-up. Stand about 6-12 inches away from a wall. Reach forward with your hands at shoulder heigth until your arms are straight. Now you may need to adjust your footing. Slowly bend your elbows and lower your chest towards the wall and then push yourself back up with straight arms. Just try a couple to see how they feel. Let me know if you think you can do them, practice a couple for awhile.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
You are very right and it actually felt good to take a break.

Koala
Koala
Dear terri,

Just tried what I could undestand .
Sit up,lied on the floor bent legs foot on the ground.I touched my knees with my arm stretched 15 times

push up ,stood at arms length from the wall,legs parted and bent
until I would reach the wall.15 times.I know I might not be doing right ,but my calves are burning,my arms warmed up ,my belly felt it also.
Is there something I should change

loong

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Wow, Loong that is a lot. You did great. Let us know if you are sore in the morning. Also, whenever trying new exercises (or any exercises) be sure to move in and out of the pose slowly. This is the best opportunity at injury, especially if your not familiar with an exercise.

Good deal!

Page 7 of 29 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.