Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 29 1 2 26 27 28 29
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. Tonight I did shoulder PT, back PT, mix of yoga and pilates. Altogether about 75 mins.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. You have probably noticed I've been a little lazy this week. I am suffering from lack of motivation, what is the saying--Doctor, heal thyself.

Well I decided in order to do that I was going to have to do something I really enjoy so I did yoga this morning for about 45-60 minutes. I'm glad I did it. I felt better about myself and I had a little more energy.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. Today I did Tai Chi for about 20 minutes. Then because my body is so stiff and sore from working out on Saturday, all I did was ride the bike for 20 minutes. Total time 40 minutes.

I usually don't formally exercise on the weekend. However, I was feeling really down, my dog Buddy died suddenly last week, so I decided to do some yoga and see if I could get focused.

I did a nice standing sequence that I had written. Then I did a sequence that I found in a magazine. It was the yoga with weights things. I did better this time. More coordinated. Sunday I was barely able to walk. Wow! Today I am still sore though not as much.

I haven't decided yet if I recommend the yoga with weights or not. I still need to dwell on it. One thing I do know is that it is just a workout not pure yoga.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. Have you thought I deserted you? Well not true. I have been on vacation but I'm back now and ready to keep you posted on exercise and invite you to join me.

Tonight I did yoga for about 40 minutes. For a few of the poses I added weights. I love yoga and do it for lots of reasons the least of which is real exercise. However, I am trying to find a way to incorporate all the exercise I need into my days so I start with yoga for the pure pleasure and then I add some weights for a workout.

I also did PT for my knees. Total time: 1 hour.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. I went to see my Orthopedic Doctor today and he told me that there is nothing he can do for my knees. My choices are to continue therapy and see if they improve or get knee replacements. So I'm a little down and out. But this did help me to remember that exercise is my medicine. It's like a prescription that has to be filled and the longer I am able to exercise the longer I can go without further surgeries.

So tonight I rode my bike for 20 minutes at a moderate pace and low resistance. High resistance is not good for bad knees, it's too much pressure.

Then I did something a little different. I was sitting on my yoga mat getting ready to start my practice and I found myself doing Tai Chi poses, while I was seated. It felt wonderful and was a great addition to my yoga practice.

Total time: 1 hour

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. I was already in bed last night when I realized I hadn't posted, so this post is for yesterday.

I did 15 minutes of Qi Gong. This was a good warm-up and put me in a good place of mind. Then I did "Yoga for Scoliosis". This is great book if you have this problem or even if you don't.

Then I did shoulder PT.

Total time: 1 hour

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. Yes, I remembered tonight, right before I go to bed. Tonight I rode the recumbent bike for 30 minutes, YEAH! I haven't rode that far in awhile. I stayed within my training heart rate zone.

Then I did some knee and back PT using fitness bands.
Then I did about 20 minutes of yoga, sharing my mat with Katie (one of my dogs).
I finished up with using my Miracles Balls. I love them. Every time I get them out and use them I say "this is the best $15 I ever spent".

Total time: 1 hour, but I didn't count the Miracle Balls. I think I used them for about 20 minutes.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. Just a quick update. It is getting late and looks like I won't be doing a workout tonight. However, today I signed up at a gym with a swimming pool which is going to be great for some of my physical therapy.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. I forgot to post last night, but honestly, you are all important to me.

Yesterday I rode my recumbent bike for 30 minutes. Kept my speed around 14 mph. Heart rate was in my training zone.

Then I did a short routine from "Flat Belly Yoga", using weights. I extended that into some relaxing yoga and some deep breathing.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hi everyone. I seem to be consistently running one day behind in logging my exercise.

Yesterday I went to the swimming pool. It is a pool at a gym that is used mostly for physical therapy and it is never crowded. The minute I submerged into the warm water I could hear my joints, "thank you, we love you".

I did many of my knee exercises and a few shoulder exercises. I could use the foam dumbbells for my shoulders in the pool but the last time I tried that I ended up hurting myself so I think I'll stay away from those for awhile.

Then I bicycled in the water for, I'm not sure how long but quite awhile. I could feel my knees burning slightly, my doctor said that is one of the arthiritis symptoms.

I had a little trouble getting out of the pool because the steps are high and that's a problem, but eventually pulled myself up. The rest of the day my knees hurt so bad. I had to wear knee braces on both of them.

Today they are fine. So we will see what happens the next time I go to the pool, which will probably be Monday.

Page 28 of 29 1 2 26 27 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.