Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

This book is a gold mine of knowledge;I cannot post everything I subline with a yellow marker.
Kept a special one for you tonite.

Perhaps the deepest reason why we are afraid of death is because
wedo not know who we are.We beleive in a personal,unique,and separate identity;but if we dare to examen it,we find that this identity depends ENTIRELY on an endless collection to prop it up:our name,our "biography"our partners,family home, job,friends,credit cards...It is on their transient and fragile support that we rely.for our security,So when they are all taken away,will we have any idea of who we really are?

Without our familiar props,we are faced with just ourselves,a person we do not know,un unnerving stranger with whom we have been living all the time,but we never really wanted to meet.Is it
not we have tried to fill every moment of time with noise and activity,however boring or trivial,to ensure that we are never left in silence with this stranger on our owm.

SOGYAL RINPOCHE.

Loong's comment ,I have never seen described this fully ,the human that does not live spirituality.When one knows he is only a carrier of flesh and bones for a karma that will leave him
eventually when the stanger dies.

Never read anything so clear and true,in my life.
Thank you Mr Rinpoche

loong the learner

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Best exemple of the above text.5 minutes ago ,gazing through the channels,I had gotten up for a few hours, what do I see.
Anderson Cooper,David Letterman and others at work ,to make more money,and spend less time with their loved ones.This confirms
Sogyal Rinpoch theory.Buddha would have called it IGNORANCE.

Compassion for those who do not know ,that they don't know.

Loong the observer

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,
The number representing the year ,most think are living in,the ones that do not live their present moment,has changed.

But in Reality nothing has changed ,you are the same ,unless it is the date of your birth[sic],your credit cards are still maxed,
the people aged ,transformed not in something newer but older,
decaying every instant,your job is the same.
For the chinese ,nothing changed ,it is not their new year.

So I will wish you a very happy present moment.

loong the learner

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Why do we live in such terror of death?
Because our instinctive desire is to live and go on living,and death is a savage end.
to everything we hold familiar.We feel that when it comes we will be plunged into something quite unknown,or become someone totally different.we imagine we will find ourselves lost and bewildered,in surroundings that are terrifying unfamiliar.

We imagine it will be like waking up alone,in a torment of anxiety,in a foreing country
with no knowledge of the land or language,no money no contacts,no passports ,no friends......

SOGYAL RINPOCHE

loong
Messanger

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: loongdragon

Could my steps in Buddha's steps have the same effect.While eating ,preparing dinner,washing the dishes, making my environnement clean,always in mindfulnes,with half a smile on my face as explained by TNH?

In my view, yes. But you also do sitting meditation too, right? I think mindfulness and sitting meditation work together wonderfully. In sitting meditation, we may be able to see attachments and let go of them, and therefore enter into new levels of 'oneness' that we have a hard time doing in mindfulness practice. In mindfulness practice we can integrate this into daily life so that it matures into wisdom, and does not just become something we realize only on the meditation cushion.

I think an important thing to remember when reading this particular book is that he is basing much of his discussion on the Tibetan Book of the Dead, which in a way is a last-chance manual for someone who has not practiced well in life. Ideally, one practices in life and does not have to traverse all of these difficult bardos after death! One has already discovered dzogchen, or 'natural great peace' (I think that is the phrase he uses in that book, right?) for oneself, and so there is unruffled by the turmoil at death. It is simply a peaceful transit.

Last edited by Lisa - Buddhism; 01/01/13 01:50 PM.

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: loongdragon
To all or none,

This book is a gold mine of knowledge;I cannot post everything I subline with a yellow marker.
Kept a special one for you tonite.

Perhaps the deepest reason why we are afraid of death is because
wedo not know who we are.We beleive in a personal,unique,and separate identity;but if we dare to examen it,we find that this identity depends ENTIRELY on an endless collection to prop it up:our name,our "biography"our partners,family home, job,friends,credit cards...It is on their transient and fragile support that we rely.for our security,So when they are all taken away,will we have any idea of who we really are?

Without our familiar props,we are faced with just ourselves,a person we do not know,un unnerving stranger with whom we have been living all the time,but we never really wanted to meet.Is it
not we have tried to fill every moment of time with noise and activity,however boring or trivial,to ensure that we are never left in silence with this stranger on our owm.

SOGYAL RINPOCHE.

Loong's comment ,I have never seen described this fully ,the human that does not live spirituality.When one knows he is only a carrier of flesh and bones for a karma that will leave him
eventually when the stanger dies.

Never read anything so clear and true,in my life.
Thank you Mr Rinpoche

loong the learner

That is a powerful passage, isn't it? That is wonderful that it had this effect on you. If you get nothing else from this book, this one moment of insight, this one moment that broke through in a new way within your own mind was worth it, don't you think?

That is how I tend to think, and why I don't worry too much about lineage and which is the true path etc. If a teacher or author has an impact on me, can say something in a way that is new to me, and transmit wisdom I did not have before, I open myself to it. I know that approach may not be the best for everyone - I think to some it may be confusing. Perhaps it is because I am a Pisces - we are known for loving chaos a bit!

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Dear Lisa,

People I write to here must wonder why I start with Dear.In french,when you start a letter the word "Cher" meaning Dear is used.

Ok let's go to the sterious stuff.In your before last post ,you asked if I did sitting Meditation.Bluntly .no.

I Have tried many times,sitting on a chair because I have no knees,to say of. I cannot grasp the necessity of such an exercise.Hear me now,All the great masters do sitting meditation.

If someone could clearly explain ,the necessity,the advantages,
the wellness obtained I am ready to listen .

For 3 months ,I did sitting meditation every day for 10 minutes
and could,nt wait for the 10 or15 minutes to finish.

Cannot be more honest than that.I often have breakfast with a guy ,kind of a Sagnace on the Jesus side.He meditates every day.
He writes one page a day.He is leaving for 2 months in India ,soon.Do you know what he does for a living?He's a dope importor and dealer.

I know a few who meditate,never see them with half a smile on their face.I had a friend that meditated 3 times a day 30 minutes at the time.He has been meditating for ,oh close to 20 years now,always in a bad mood.

I am in no way defending myself ,but the exemples I have in a close area ,is nothing to push a man to meditate.

I knew this subject would come up some day ,and when I started reading TNH,with his active meditation,It showed me that I was not that far of.
You being an expert on meditation,......

Been sick 10 days now,forgotten all my old tools of the past.
My brain is so limited as far as memory is concerned.Got up at 11.30 tonite to start my car it has been -26 -28 for two days.

So if you can lead me wether with a simple book or a simple advise,I would appreciate that.

loong still learning

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Dear Lisa,

The few people hereI mean the area I live, ,spritually inclined .We called sannyasins,
but neo ,started by our friend Osho.The original Sannyas,were a
Spiritual group renouncing fire and other things to attain
enlightenment.
While reading discovered that the word osho with a little sign over the last o ,meant a master of a Zen temple and in Pure land.

loong

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Entering the Tibetan lineage is quite something.Did a lots of research today .Had to stop my eyes were starting to burn.

Be coming up soon with new segments of the book.

loong,tired

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To Lisa,

What I find akward about Tibetan buddhism is that they always find ,WITHIN,their group the re-birth of a past master,never in Thailand or anywhere for that matter.This brings me close to re-incarnation ,some lineages in Buddhism have.Like a" vase clos"
so as to keep the lineage pure. Am I wrong?

loong

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.