logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 29 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 28 29
Koala
Koala
To Terri,
The first you sent were dated Jan/27.the others came about 4 days later.
Thank you
loong

Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
It sounds like you have been having a wonderful time. Please tell me what is Kinect wall punching?

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Loong, I will have to look them up tomorrow.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Loong, here are the first exercises I sent. If you lose them you can look them up in the Forum. Your right they were on a post on 1/27:
Quadriceps Set:
Sit on the bed with your legs straight out in front of you
Squeeze the muscles on the top of your thigh and pull your kneecap towards you
Hold the squeeze at the top, and release
Repeat 10 times on each leg
Build up to two sets of 15 repetitions on each leg

Leg Extension Using a Roller:
Sitting on the bed with your legs straight out in front of you, place a rolled towel under one knee
Contract your quadriceps muscles, lift your foot, and straighten your leg
Relax your thigh and lower your leg
Repeat 10 times on each leg
Build up to two sets of 15 repetitions on each leg

Standing Leg Lifts
Hold the back of a chair for balance
Turn and face the side, it doesn’t matter right or left
Lift your leg out in front of you with a flexed foot
Don’t lock the knee but pull up on the kneecap as you lift
Do this 15 times on each leg; build up to 2 sets

Hold the back of a chair for balance, facing the back of the chair
Shift your weight into your left leg
Lift your right leg out to the side with muscles tensed
Stand up straight; don’t lean towards the leg being lifted
Repeat 15 times on each leg; build up to 2 sets

Loong, the only exercises I can find are from the article I wrote on knees. You can read it here:
Easy Exercise to Relieve Knee Pain

These are all I have.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Oh no, muscle spasms. I have back problems (don't we all) and sometimes stress will cause me to have really bad spasms in my lower back. Best thing for it is to lay down and do some deep breathing. I can also use my miracle balls if I put them in a gentle spot, not directly on the spasm area.

Tonight I was short on time but I did a HIIT (High Intensity Interval Trainig) ride on my recumbent bike. I rode 30second sprints then regular speed for 2minutes then sprint, etc. I also added in a couple of intervals of high resistance. Same thing, 30 seconds then 2 minute regular, etc.

I haven't done it yet but I am going to do some gentle yoga poses. This will sometimes help my back also.
Signing off. TJ
PS-Be sure to read my article on Wednesday. It's about workouts on the recumbent bike and will talk a little about HIIT as well as other great workouts beginners-advanced.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I bet you thought I wasn't going to make it before midnight. Well here I am with 6 minutes to spare.

Today I did strength and resistance training. I did an interval training session that had 8 exercises, 12-15 reps with the heaviest weight you can use, and did the circuit 2x. I had to make some variations on some of the exercises but all and all I think I did pretty good. I feel good about it.

I also did some yoga. First I did an active sequence that has 8 poses. The last pose is a deep squat and my knees aren't quite up to that so I used my fitness ball to steady me and get me into a pretty decent squat. After the active I did a nice relaxing set and it felt so good to stretch all my muscles.

So what are you doing? Are you walking, biking, doing crunches, push-ups, yoga, Pilates, riding a bike? Let us know every little bit you do counts.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
How are you today? Did you exercise? What did you do? Well tonight I did a High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) ride on my recumbent bike. I did a 2 minute warm up, then 30 second sprint; 2 minutes standard pace; 30 seconds high resistance; 2 minutes regular pace; 30 second sprint; etc. This took me about 22 minutes.

Then I did 50 push-ups and 50 crunches both using my fitness ball. Let me give you some advice, don't exercise 20 minutes after you eat. Yuck!

Read my article this week: Recumbent Bike Fat Burning Workout for Beginners

Then watch for next week's article which will be about fat burning HIIT workout on the recumbent bike. TJ

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Good evening. How is everyone? Did you exercise today? What did you do?

Today I did strength training. I did a workout from the book Powersculpting. All of the exercises are done with hand weights and the fitness ball. In my article Easy Exercise to Relieve Knee Pain
I show an advertisement for the book and also for my recommendation of a fitness ball. Take a look at the article, the book, and the fitness ball.

I did strength training on each major muscle group. Some of the exercises required more than one set. Those were tough. After I was finished I did some active and then some relaxing yoga. Felt good. Total workout about 1 hour.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
You may have noticed I did not post yesterday. Well I just couldn't get organzied. I don't know why I overscheduled myself so much. So anyway to make a small story short - I did not exercise.

But here's the deal. Because we are not perfect we can give ourselves a break. Sometimes we need a break and don't even know it. So for now I plan on working out Monday afternoon as usual. Did anyone else take a day off?

Loong, how do you like your new bike?
Nancy, how's the toothache?
TJ

Koala
Koala
Dear Terri,
Are you an endorphen junkie? I love my bike.
Normand
loongdragon

Page 9 of 29 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.