Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello there all Romantics (me too),

What are you planning for your Valentine? 14th February will be here sooner than you blink! In any event RED is the colour not so?

There are all sorts of things a person can do with little imagination and not everything needs to cost what single red rose is likely to cost from the general vendors at this time of year either!

What ideas could you come up for the container gardeners in your life?

How about one or a mix'n match of these ...

* If you're lucky enough to have a RED ROSE from one your own-grown containers, well then there is the intro to the chockies and dinner date.

* A potted red-hearted Bromeliad with a white stone chips surround in a nice red porcelain pot. Easy to look after and will remind him-her of you for much longer than just Feb 14th.

* A small gardening tool set with red handles - I am sure you will have fun looking for them and giving them along with a small red notebook for going to the nursery-garden centre with.

* A wall plaque (home made by your crafty hands) with our favourite saying like that Robbie Burns one "My love is like a red red rose ...

* A red painted trug to carry around tools with a red sun hat of sorts or a pair of red checkered (gingham) gardening gloves.

* A gardening notebook into which you have written all your favourite red flowers and plants and veges etc. Maybe some seeds or bulbs (where appropriate)

* A nice new reference gardening book wrapped in a red kerchief (a la John Wayne) for those hot days in the 'garden'

No Money?

* Beg borrow or find a checkered table cloth and just make a sweet tea-for-two with some strawberry scones and a smile or so.

Got a 'partner' who is just not into gardening?

* Have he-she around anyway to spend some quality time in your spruced up container space!

Alone this year?

No matter - do something special for yourself!

What ideas do you have that you have planned or are thinking about?

Tell us please and have a

H A P P Y V A L E N T I N E ' S D A Y anyway

Cheers now

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Thanks for the gentle reminder - I was thinking of having a tea party with some girl friends but for Presidents' Day. I have so many obligations between now and the 16th of February that I can't think of too much extra. My husband's Valentine Day will be a celebration after Feb. 16th. I have a huge luncheon to put on and I will be so happy when it is behind me.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello Angie and everyone,

Wow but you sound really busy Angie and happy to be so, but tell me please when is President's day ... is this when he is sworn in again - I thought that and all the balls and celebratory parties and first waltzes had already happened.

Still valentine's tea with a bunch of girlfriends does sound good and I hope you find time to pull it all off. You have given me an idea - think I will get together with some of mine (though it'll not be on 14th Feb.)

What do they say - life is about the journey and not the destination ... that way planning and doing and then attending and enjoying makes the effort of it all really worthwhile.

Good luck I say and enjoy.

Who has any other gift ideas to pass on for Valentine's day - have you picked out your 'valentine' yet! Remember too, it's supposed to be a mystery, got to keep 'them' guessing!

Cheers now

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 01/26/13 03:38 PM.

Container Gardening Site

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
LOL, Lestie, one swearing in is enough.

When I was a kid we celebrated two holidays - Abraham Lincoln on the 12th and George Washington on the 22nd - birthdays - now they are stuck together and we celebrate Presidents' Day on the third Monday of February.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello There,

The day is nearly here! Have you had time to plant up something red and pretty to give away? A Red rose, (so many to choose from), some RED Begonia offset with some white Alyssum maybe in a red pot?

How about designing some "Love Cheques" promising to walk the dog or water the container garden or mow the 'lawn' or make some cookies for the next garden circle meeting?

What ever you don't do you will regret ... especially if you meant to do something and just got too busy. There is still time to make a someone in your life feel special!

Cheers now

Container Gardening Site

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Hello There Everybody! I was paging back through the forum and came across these posts and thought they are as fresh for this year as they were for last year - only now there is just under month to go to this sweet day of love and friendship and care. And that means there is a lot of time for planning and choosing and plotting! It seems that the celebrations in life just don't stop ... yay I say. I still have not been able to sort out my site and forum as far as coding is concerned - so if you are a computer wizard and can make some suggestions for me (given that it is in my hands) PLEASE help! In the meantime I hope to hear from you, Cheers now Lestie, Container Gardening

Last edited by Lestie4containergardens; 01/17/14 01:10 PM.
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Hi there,

Well here we see the different avatars ... from a yellow tulip to some Mexican hand-painted pottery! Both nice!

A friend of mine declared a new day for Valentines Day, yesterday the 5th February in fact - as he is going abroad and will not be here for Feb 14th weekend. So...lucky me got a not-mysterious Valentines gift which I thought was just a great idea!

We all know or dream of or think about giving or getting at least a dozen long-stemmed roses on this traditional day, but these have a passing life being cut flowers. So, David (what a great friend!) gave me a climbing rose called Margie. He says it is 'a rambling rose from he who is a rambler.' It is a deep red colour, is an open flower with a creamy white heart.

Oh I did feel spoilt yesterday.

Maybe this is a good idea for you to use somehow - a rose bush to remind you of your dear friendships all year around and longer lasting than those cut flowers.

Cheers now with this Spanish proverb in mind ...

More things grow in the garden than the gardener sows.’

And a H A P P Y V A L E N T I N E 'S D A Y to one and all in friendship and love!

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Hi There ...

Is nobody doing anything for Valentines Day?

Surely you have some plans and need some lead time to arrange it all? Ah well, I guess romance can be wobbly a lot of times; but maybe you will do something in the name of friendship?

Cheers now

Lestie Mulholland

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Well tomorrow does come and soon tomorrow will be here!

I hope you have done something for someone and yourself in the name of kindness, gentleness, love and friendship.

With that in mind I just liked this quotation from Anonymous ...

"Who cares what the question is - the answer is always chocolate."

I have said it before and say it here again - Happy Valentine's Day to one and all.

with a touch of sentimentality, cheers now

Lestie Mulholland

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Hi Lestie.....as you have been thoroughly dissecting snails, in one form or another, on your Ogden thread thought this would be just the thing for Valentine's Day.........

And am sure they would also really enjoy chocolate, just as soon as they have finished everything edible in your containers. smile

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lestie - ContainerGardens 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.