Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Kel C, astrovalley, cory455, marger, simplicityshines
57419 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57419 Members
417 Forums
113484 Topics
805690 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 383
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 123
Nancy Roussy 105
Beetlemess 100
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 96
Jana - Creativity Editor 85
Mona - Astronomy 47
Susan - Meditation Editor 43
Sandra Investing/HFinance 31
Dianne W - Editor 21
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#760258 - 05/01/12 06:39 PM Which is the best beach in Florida?
Gillian - Florida Offline
Shark

Any suggestions for the best beach in Florida?

I love Daytona Beach as I enjoy walking on the firm sand and there is always a breeze.

Where's your favorite?

Add Which is the best beach in Florida? to Twitter Add Which is the best beach in Florida? to Facebook Add Which is the best beach in Florida? to MySpace Add Which is the best beach in Florida? to Del.icio.us Digg Which is the best beach in Florida? Add Which is the best beach in Florida? to Yahoo My Web Add Which is the best beach in Florida? to Google Bookmarks Add Which is the best beach in Florida? to Stumbleupon Add Which is the best beach in Florida? to Reddit
#760498 - 05/02/12 04:49 PM Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? [Re: Gillian - Florida]
Claybird Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Indiana
I love the Keys, and there are only a few good beaches there, but my favorite is the beach at Fort Zach in Key West. Shade trees so you don't roast, sheltered swim area, nice facilities, and the Fort to walk to if you get bored.
Sombrero Beach in Marathon is nice, too. I always stop there on my way down.

Add Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? to Twitter Add Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? to Facebook Add Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? to MySpace Add Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? Add Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? to Reddit
#761063 - 05/05/12 10:00 AM Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? [Re: Gillian - Florida]
Shark

Apparently St. Pete Beach has been voted the top beach destination in the USA by TripAdvisor, because of its "sugary-white sand
and dolphins frolicking just off shore."

You may find this book about the 20 Best Florida beaches useful:

20 Best Florida Beaches and Coastal Cities

Add Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? to Twitter Add Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? to Facebook Add Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? to MySpace Add Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? Add Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? to Reddit
#763449 - 05/18/12 04:31 PM Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? [Re: Gillian - Florida]
Shark

Every year "Dr Beach" publishes his Top 10 beaches in the US.This year 2 are in Florida. Read on to find out which beaches he chose, and why.

Two Florida Beaches are in the US Top 10!

Edited by Gillian - Florida (05/23/12 05:09 AM)

#804647 - 02/05/13 09:57 AM Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? [Re: Gillian - Florida]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
How are the beaches along the Canaveral coast? I am nearby and already saw Kennedy Space Center (loved it), but want to know if it's worth a trip out there for the beaches. I'm staying in Sanford.

#804737 - 02/06/13 04:17 AM Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? [Re: Gillian - Florida]
Shark

Cocoa Beach (the nearest beach to Orlando)is just gorgeous. It has beautiful sand that is firm enough for walking, good surf most of the time, and a constant breeze.

Even closer to you in Sanford is New Smyrna Beach. You can drive your car on ($6 daily charge I seem to recall). It is quieter than Daytona and lined with beach houses rather than highrises so very pleasant. Very firm sand for sitting, walking, ball games and good for swimming if you like the challenge of waves, otherwise get your bodyboard out!You can hire all sorts of Surreys, bicycles, sea kayaks etc as well as chairs and umbrellas in the more popular spots.

The climate is perfect in Florida right now, so enjoy yourself Jilly!

#805267 - 02/08/13 11:38 AM Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? [Re: Gillian - Florida]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
Well, yesterday I went to the Clearwater Beach on the Gulf, and that was really lovely. The water was an interesting light-blueish color, and the sand was white. White and powdery. It's not like that at all in CA, where my family lives.

I was able to walk a few miles in both directions from Pier 60 and enjoyed the firmness of the sand by the shore. I got some great photos, got to enjoy sitting in one of those half-dome shade umbrellas, and watched a storm come in. Then we sat at an ocean-front bar and watched lightning roll around as the sun set.

Lovely day, really.

I don't think I will be hitting New Smyrna Beach or Cocoa Beach. They just seem like more big wide beaches, like what I was just at, and like my So Cal beaches back home. I am hoping to find some small cove-like, intimate beaches with palm trees. I want to set up a hammock and hang out under the palms, listening t the water. Ideas?

#805350 - 02/09/13 04:47 AM Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? [Re: Gillian - Florida]
Shark

Sounds like heaven! I have heard that Anna Maria Island near Bradenton Beach is idyllic as you describe, and recommended for honeymoons, but I've never visited. Has anyone been there?

I've covered a few others in my book:
20 Best Florida beaches and Coastal Cities

Edited by Gillian - Florida (02/09/13 04:52 AM)

#813165 - 03/26/13 01:13 AM Re: Which is the best beach in Florida? [Re: Gillian - Florida]
Jorden Offline

Sanibel Beach is one of the best beach in florida. Sanibel is a unique barrier island with east-west orientation that differs from the typical north-south layout.

**NOTE: new users are not allowed to add links/urls to their posts!

Edited by Sadhana - Indian Food (03/26/13 04:07 AM)

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Pavtube Unveiled Black Friday & Cyber Monday Shop
by Ericaellyson12
Body Care
Today at 09:27 PM
Waxing, anyone?
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 06:38 PM
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
Today at 05:47 PM
What Did You Write Today?
Fiction Writing
Today at 05:06 PM
your nail care process
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 04:17 PM
Bath Salts Anyone?
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 04:11 PM
The Wrong Girl Book Review
by Edie - MysteryBooksEd
Mystery Books
Today at 03:17 PM
Low Carb Thanksgiving
Low Carb
Today at 12:57 PM
To Tan or Not To Tan
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 12:30 PM
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Nancy Roussy
Frugal Living
Today at 12:24 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 130 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.