Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Diana, I'm sorry for your loss. We haven't had pets for a number of years because after we moved to another town, we never found anyone whom we could ask to look after them if we were away.

But of our pets - all cats of various kinds - I remember every single one and how we lost them. Sometimes still, so many years/decades later, the memory catches me unawares and is again painful. But usually it's the good memories that bring back the joy of our time together.

It's so sad to lose a good friend.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Thank you for your love and kindness. I felt it was important to get this information out to other cat families. I truly believe I will see Squeaky and my previous pets (family members) again someday. I have no doubt. I have researched many religions that believe in animals going to the afterlife to join us. Some Christian religions don't accept this but mine does. I suspect they are playing with my soon who was a teenager when he passed.

I know you are all touched deeply by the love you have for your pets and the awful holes they leave in our lives when they move on from this early existence. I have a lot of emails and I will answer each one of them. There are some that bring awareness to other awful illnesses that may plague our pets. Any awareness that can save these pet's lives!

Again thank you for your sentiments they are very touching and heartfelt!

A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
Diana, May I share a true story with you. It is about a very special creature that I too will see again and as you said,” we have NO doubt !!!”

WE had a Himalayan cat named San Louis. We pronounced his name phonetically as San Louee. He was a very special little being and my other half and I loved him as one of our kids.

I was going through a rough patch spiritually and physically with problems in my chest area.. The specific problem is inconsequential at this point suffice it to say that I really hurt so much so that I was in bed much of the time. Louis kept looking at me and meowing as I lay in bed and I had the feeling that he knew that something was wrong. On one of my worst days he hopped up onto my chest and looked right into my eyes.

You may think that I am crazy but I am telling you the facts just as they happened.

When I looked into his eyes he had the deepest look of love that I have ever seen from an animal before. It was so deep and intense that I almost felt a little inadequate for some reason. While he stared at me I felt the pain lift in my chest. He then hopped down and ran off. I got up and told my wife that I all of a sudden now feel better. I was so happy for the relief and the pain never came back.

All went well for a while and then Louis quit eating. We took him to the vet and he did an x-ray of his chest, as the doctor did not like what he heard in his stethoscope.

He told us that Louis was very ill and we should not look for him to recover.

I took him home and did every healing technique that I knew all the way from ancient to modern homeopathy and spirit healing energy channeling. Nothing worked. It then dawned on me that Louis loved me and no longer wanted me to suffer so he absorbed that sickness into himself and died within a short time after his visit to the vet. I was beside myself in grief. I said repeatedly that he did not deserve to go, as it was my problem. He did nothing but love me!!! I still hurt at times because of his wonderful sacrifice on my behalf. I kept saying over and over,”Why wasn’t it me that left, he did nothing to deserve this.” I cried a lot and it took me a while to get the correct perspective of the situation and to see that there is no greater power in the universe than love.

Still to this day I can sometimes feel him rubbing up against my leg to just let me know that he is all right and I will see him again someday.

Let me say boldly that our little friends will see us again and that if they are not allowed in the hereafter then mankind has no chance of entering as so few seem to have such love as these little ones demonstrate. Blessings to all. dave

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I don't doubt your story in anyway shape or form. Look at the number of service animals that detect problems. It is amazing. I also don't doubt the ultimate sacrifice. I've seen it different ways with different animals but cats seem different than many animals. Both dogs and cats seem to work on a spiritual level, a realm not seem by us or of seen mostly hidden by a thin veil. I understand the feeling you had it is call anguish. Many people don't understand this sense of loss we experience because they never truly grow close to an animal. Many of these people have such a sense of self I doubt if they are really close or are capable of loving another person or animal. We are very lucky people to have shared this incredible experience - an animal's love.

A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
We are very lucky Diana !!! Thank you, dave

C
Shark
Shark
C
I know how much you loved that little cat and know how much she loved you. I remember her curled up next to you after all those awful surgeries. I know she brough you a lot of comfort. I also remembered you save that little kitten from off feral colony. Squeaky had a wonderful 12 longs years with you.

I also remember how your daughter's husband didn't believed she existed because she was always hiding in your bedroom. She would run when she heard any body strange (meaning not you) come to the bedroom. You had your daughter feed Squeak when you were in the hospital. Luke didn't believe she existed and that Erika was appeasing you feeding the made up cat. Then the day came when he walked in after one of your surgeries and he saw the cat. He was shocked that the cat existed! A lot of wonderful years with squeaky.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I am sorry to hear of the passing of your beloved cat. One of my most painful experiences was losing little William a few years back - I still choke up just thinking about it. Sometimes, you meet an animal that is just special.

Sending you big hugs!

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Thank you all for your kindness!

I found something I thought was beautiful and touching.

Poem For Cats
Author Unknown

"And God asked the feline spirit
Are you ready to come home?
Oh, yes, quite so, replied the precious soul
And, as a cat, you know I am most able
To decide anything for myself.

Are you coming then? asked God.
Soon, replied the whiskered angel
But I must come slowly
For my human friends are troubled
For you see, they need me, quite certainly.

But don't they understand? asked God
That you'll never leave them?
That your souls are intertwined. For all eternity?
That nothing is created or destroyed?
It just is....forever and ever and ever.

Eventually they will understand,
Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever."

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
That is beautiful, Diana.

I thank God for the all the animals of this magnificent planet but especially those who agreed to be our companions!

How do we know they are special souls? Because of the love they not only bring to us, but the love that they bring out in us!

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
That is a very touching poem, Diana. Thank you for sharing with the rest of us pet lovers.

Sandra Baublitz, Investing/Home Finance Editor
Investing Website
Home Finance Website
Sandra Baublitz Author Webpage

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.