Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
mermatthews, djamel eddine chakrar, anton83, faclinic, Vermontwhitewolf
57242 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57242 Members
417 Forums
113114 Topics
801896 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 849
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 521
Beetlemess 220
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 175
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 115
Nancy Roussy 113
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 71
Jana - Creativity Editor 68
Sandra Investing/HFinance 45
Susan - Meditation Editor 45
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#802125 - 01/23/13 04:13 AM How to become good-tempered?
Omily Offline
Jellyfish

I'm very easy lose temper, and I don't have patience. How to change it?

Add How to become good-tempered? to Twitter Add How to become good-tempered? to Facebook Add How to become good-tempered? to MySpace Add How to become good-tempered? to Del.icio.us Digg How to become good-tempered? Add How to become good-tempered? to Yahoo My Web Add How to become good-tempered? to Google Bookmarks Add How to become good-tempered? to Stumbleupon Add How to become good-tempered? to Reddit
#803224 - 01/28/13 08:07 PM Re: How to become good-tempered? [Re: Omily]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

I'm taking a class on stress management right now, and part of what they talk about is how we train our minds over time in how to deal with stress. The more we do Reaction X, the more our mind gets used to doing that. So if we always snap at someone, we train our mind to snap in anger, and it just does that by default.

So to train our minds to do something else, we have to think about it deliberately for 30 days. We have to "retrain" our mind. Yes, it's hard to retrain a mind smile. But after 30 days, our mind now has a new way it's used to doing and the new way is now its normal way. So it gets easier and easier as it goes. I.e. it'll be hard at first. But soon it gets easy.

So start with just one day. Just today. Just for today, your task is to be patient. Remember that life is 80 years long (or more) - nothing that happens today is that important. Take long, deep breaths. These help to relax you. If something gets you riled, count to ten. Then, before you answer, think, are you really going to care about this in ten years? This event, whatever it is, probably isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. Think about what IS important to you, like your health.

Let us know how it goes!

Add Re: How to become good-tempered? to Twitter Add Re: How to become good-tempered? to Facebook Add Re: How to become good-tempered? to MySpace Add Re: How to become good-tempered? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How to become good-tempered? Add Re: How to become good-tempered? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How to become good-tempered? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How to become good-tempered? to Stumbleupon Add Re: How to become good-tempered? to Reddit
#805308 - 02/08/13 08:24 PM Re: How to become good-tempered? [Re: Omily]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
This is advice is similar to my Triggers list. I have a list of things I know get me irritated and anxious. When I am experiencing something that I know sets me off, i can stop, think about how to distract myself/do something on my Wellness Plan. That stops the crazy train from getting faster. If I can find new tracks for the train (ie - my brain patterns), I can train myself to avoid Crazy Town.

I'm definitely getting better at this, but it is a LOT of work.

Add Re: How to become good-tempered? to Twitter Add Re: How to become good-tempered? to Facebook Add Re: How to become good-tempered? to MySpace Add Re: How to become good-tempered? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How to become good-tempered? Add Re: How to become good-tempered? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How to become good-tempered? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How to become good-tempered? to Stumbleupon Add Re: How to become good-tempered? to Reddit
#806560 - 02/18/13 01:00 AM Re: How to become good-tempered? [Re: Omily]
clairehobby Offline
Shark

when you feel you have lost control, count 10 numbers before yarn at someone. it is a very usedful way.

#819378 - 05/04/13 07:03 AM Re: How to become good-tempered? [Re: Omily]
JessicaAlba Offline

Temper can be controlled by meditation and thinking about happy moments all the time. Patience is the habit that can be achieved by self control only. So having the company of humble people and again regular meditation from proper trainer is necessary to improve your image created by such behavior.

#819381 - 05/04/13 08:20 AM Re: How to become good-tempered? [Re: Omily]
Joan541 Offline
Gecko

Loc: Texas
I've found that exercise really helps me to feel totally unstressed and it's when I'm stressed out that I tend to get snappish with people.

I do tai chi 3 days a week and Bikram yoga 3 days a week. After working out I just feel this big release of bad energy.

You also have to learn to let things go on a minute by minute basis. Forgive people on a daily basis.

Catherine Ponder says if people bother you in any way it's because they are trying to get your divine attention and your blessing so just bless them and move on.

I realize growing older sure helps a lot! I'm not nearly as annoyed by things now as I was years ago.

#820022 - 05/08/13 04:40 PM Re: How to become good-tempered? [Re: Omily]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Joan -

I agree completely that daily exercise can make an immense difference in stress levels!

#821105 - 05/15/13 07:47 PM Re: How to become good-tempered? [Re: Omily]
leahmullen Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

These are great tips! Claire, counting to 10 helps you to gain perspective. Jessica, according to experts, meditation is one of the best stress relievers there is!

Being good tempered takes a loads of practice. As Lisa and Jilly pointed out, you have to know your triggers and retrain yourself.

And exercise helps with just about EVERYTHING as Joan541 pointed out. When you perform even low impact exercise like walking, your body produces Serotonin, the brain chemical responsible for feelings of well being.

But remember we are all human, so if you do lose your cool and say something that is less than nice, immediately apologize and try to do better the next time.

#830096 - 07/18/13 12:47 AM Re: How to become good-tempered? [Re: Omily]
JanetWinslet Offline

Loc: L.A
when i am going to lose temper,i'll choose to do other things,or just go out for a walk until i calm down.

Moderator:  leahmullen 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What Did You Write Today?
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Fiction Writing
Yesterday at 11:54 PM
Another dress pattern HELP!
by bubblyblonde174
Crochet
Yesterday at 08:48 PM
Healthy Snacking Ideas
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Yesterday at 08:03 PM
Autumn Poetry
by Karena - Poetry Editor
Poetry
Yesterday at 06:54 PM
3 Days to Kill Movie Review
by Dianne W - Editor
Action Movies
Yesterday at 06:52 PM
Leyna on Every Heart
by Karena - Poetry Editor
Poetry
Yesterday at 06:50 PM
MOM is in Martian orbit - jubilation in India!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Yesterday at 06:15 PM
I Lost Almost Everything
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Yesterday at 03:40 PM
What Is Space Weather? *new article*
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Yesterday at 03:10 PM
Cat Food Recall
by Rosie 66
Cats
Yesterday at 02:58 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 75 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.