Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Bruceox1962, Kelly Z, Arca Decks, arrowproject, Ashley Jessica
56564 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56565 Members
417 Forums
111440 Topics
785973 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 236
Nancy Roussy 171
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 140
loongdragon 139
Rosie 66 130
James Andrew 99
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 89
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 55
Jilly 53
Lestie4containergardens 52
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 6 of 29 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 28 29 >
Topic Options
#805140 - 02/08/13 12:06 AM Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Today I thought I would change things up a little. I have been reading a lot about HIIT - High Intensity Interval Training. This isn't something new but is just on the radar lately. Here is how it works and how I applied it tonight:

I rode my recumbent bike for 20 minutes.
3 min - average speed (13mph) average resistance (level 2)
2 min - sprinted as fast as I can about 18mph
3 min - average speed and resistance
2 min - increased resistance by 4 levels and climbed a big hill
3 min - average speed and resistance
2 min - sprint
2 min - average speed and resistance
2 min - climbed the hill again
1 min - cool down, slowed down gradually

I also needed to some quick strength training so I did 50 half sit-ups and 50 pushups (on my knees, not full position). Total workout time 30 min.

HIIT is not meant to be done daily. It is a quick way to burn more calories, give your workout variety, and challenge yourself. However, any time you do something quickly you are at a greater risk of injury. Exercise movements should be done slower and smoothly. Even when you go faster in cardio you don't want to be jerky or unstable. So I will write an article on HIIT soon, or did I just write it? TJ

Exercise: Website | Forum
Yoga: Website | Forum

Don't forget to sign up for the weekly Yoga Newsletter.

Add Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing to Twitter Add Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing to Facebook Add Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing to MySpace Add Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing Add Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing to Stumbleupon Add Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing to Reddit
#805263 - 02/08/13 04:21 PM Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
Yesterday I walked for several miles along the Clearwater beach, so that was very nice.

Today I'll hike a few miles on a nearby trail in my favorite swamp. I'd like to also do some yoga and use the elliptical trainer.

Add Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing to Twitter Add Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing to Facebook Add Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing to MySpace Add Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing Add Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing to Stumbleupon Add Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing to Reddit
#805293 - 02/08/13 06:21 PM Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing [Re: Jilly]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

You are totally ambitious. I think it would be great to walk on the beach. I take it your in Florida? Be careful in the swamp you might meet some water moccasins or gators.

Thanks for sharing.

#805296 - 02/08/13 06:57 PM Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Yes, spending a month visiting with family in central Florida. Just got back from my three miles of walking in the swamp. I also did a little bit of walking around the neighborhood pond.

It's a little humid right now, but i hope to get in some yoga tonite - even if just easy stretchy stuff.

#805299 - 02/08/13 07:27 PM Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

I envy you. I am a warm weather person. Good job on the walking. I'm from Kentucky and I know all about humidity.

Have fun with your yoga.

#805329 - 02/08/13 11:35 PM Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Hello everyone. Did you exercise today? Did you take a great walk like Jillie? Did you ride your recumbent bike? Did you take a Zumba class? It all sounds great doesn't it.

Today I got up really late because I am a night owl and stay up really late. I woke up thinking about yoga. Yeah, I'm going to have a yoga day, I told myself! All day I looked forward to doing yoga and planning what sequence to do.

This evening at 5:30pm (I like to exercise in the late afternoon or early evening. Probably has something to do with my crazy hours.) I rolled out the pink yoga mat and sat down ready to go.

I started with several minutes of Alternate Nostril breathing, which is great for relaxing a racing mind. Then I went through a 15 min sequence for strength building. Next I did a 15 min energizing sequence. After that I did some nice relaxing floor poses and finished with relaxation.

Even though I only did 2, 15 min sequences it took me 1 hour. Of course I added some other stuff but the real reason is that I hold each posture longer than suggested which is usually 5 breaths. I hold for 8-10 breaths, it just feels good for me. I really enjoyed tonight's yoga practice.

Tomorrow is Saturday so I plan on taking the day off. Talk to me. TJ

#805382 - 02/09/13 02:47 PM Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

OKay, I did some really gentle yoga last night while watching tv.

Today I would like to get in more yoga, and hit the elliptical while reading.

#805388 - 02/09/13 03:00 PM Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing [Re: Jilly]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

That's great Jilly. Good luck today!

#805522 - 02/11/13 10:10 AM Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

Loc: Mont Tremblant,quebec Can
Dear Terri

The bicycle is assembled ,except for the wiring part for the
scan system,my glasses are not strong enough.Did a little 5 to try it out .
Keep you posted and oh yes ,you sent me other exercises.Will have to have them biggered at the store,can't read them.
Thanks for everything.
norm/loong

#805639 - 02/11/13 10:52 PM Re: Forum Exercise Journal - Ongoing [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Glad to here from you Loong. Looking forward to seeing how you like that bike.

Page 6 of 29 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 28 29 >

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Sandwich du jour
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
What Movie Did You See Yesterday?
by Grace - Mystery Movies
Mystery Movies
What My Spirituality Is!
by Debbie-SpiritualityEditor
Spirituality
Happy Easter!
Meditation
The Gifts of ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
Dumpster Diving
Frugal Living
Happy Easter!
Spirituality
What is your all-time favorite Indian dish & why??
Indian Food
Remarkable Reads
by Valerie Hispanic Culture
Hispanic Culture
07:42 AM
Sex in the Garden
by Lestie4containergardens
Container Gardening
06:38 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
4 registered (Izeigo, Connie - ADD/Sandwiches, Grace - Mystery Movies, 1 invisible), 66 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.