Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
MzWyndi, Julie64, jessicawatson, imdfashion, love4me16
57119 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57119 Members
417 Forums
112815 Topics
798446 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 897
Beetlemess 535
Nancy Roussy 220
Karm - SW USA Editor 162
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 154
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 142
Mystic - Romance Movies 87
Dianne W - Editor 86
Tracy - Philosophy 83
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 81
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#801876 - 01/21/13 04:19 PM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
Nancy Roussy Offline
Zebra

Loc: Ste-Florence, Quebec, Canada
Don't worry about replying to me on the other topic too, I'm not confused at all. I live in a very small town and the two towns near are small so there is no yoga classes available here (i would be very surprised if there are some in the bigger towns [1 is less than 1 hour and the other less than 2 hours] i think these classes would be found in Montreal...in my province theres not a lot of open minded people so things like yoga is looked at like its wrong or/and weird or/and stupid) but that won't stop me from trying it if I decide to do it one of these days. I checked out your link for the miracle balls and right now I'm not looking for things like that as far as exercises go, maybe later I'll want to try it.

Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Twitter Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Facebook Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to MySpace Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Reddit
#801879 - 01/21/13 04:41 PM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

No, I do not exercise when I am sick. I like to give my body complete rest so energy can be focused on healing.

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Twitter Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Facebook Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to MySpace Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? to Reddit
#801881 - 01/21/13 05:16 PM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
Ravenna Offline

Gentle tai chi type stretching excercise on rare sick days helps me keep going, mostly if I get a head cold. As soon as it eases I go out for a morning walk or run, but it's important to drink more fluids when you're sick plus immune system boosters.

#801908 - 01/21/13 10:42 PM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Lori-Dreams]
Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Hi Lori.

Focusing on healing is a good thing. We all need to take care of ourselves in different ways.

Thanks for your post.

Exercise: Website | Forum
Yoga: Website | Forum

Don't forget to sign up for the weekly Yoga Newsletter.

#801909 - 01/21/13 10:44 PM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Ravenna]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Hi Ravenna. I am so glad you mentioned drinking lots of fluids when we're sick. It is so very important.

Thanks for your post.

#804060 - 02/01/13 06:58 PM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
HappyMe09 Offline

I do my rebounder *mini-trampoline. Helps clean up lymph tissue.

#804064 - 02/01/13 08:22 PM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: HappyMe09]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Hello HappyMe09. As you have probably read some people do like to work out when they are sick. I'm wondering about the cleaning up the lymph tissue, are you referring to sweating out the toxins?

#805052 - 02/07/13 01:51 PM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
Nancy Roussy Offline
Zebra

Loc: Ste-Florence, Quebec, Canada
Today I have been prescribed antibiotics (took too long...had a problem with a tooth since november 13 and today my dentist finally realised it was an infection!!! i thought i had a throat cancer or something because i have a lump and many more problems that kept on getting worst by the day) and I still will continue my exercise every night before my shower and going to bed. I have been feeling awful for more than a month anyway (no energy..its like how you feel before getting sick but you never get that illness and just keep on feeling that way) and I kept on doing the exercise (the 1 i finished in january was way harder than the 1 im doing now). I'll just stop taking my calciums and vitamins during the ten days I have to take that medication (i forgot to mention them to my dentist and pharmacist...dont want to take any chances).

#805090 - 02/07/13 04:51 PM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Nancy Roussy]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Hi Nancy. It's been awhile since we've talked. I'm really sorry about your tooth infection. I know it can be really painful, but most of the time when we are sick it is the lack of energy that is worse.

I know you feel like your between a rock and a hard place. If you take a break from your exercise you are afraid it may be a permanent break. All I can tell you is to follow your instincts and do what you're able.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

#805106 - 02/07/13 08:03 PM Re: Do you exercise when you are sick? [Re: Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor]
Dianne W - Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Loc: Virginia
I can now answer this question with recent illness experience :-)
absolutely not, I couldn't even think about exercising for three days, barely getting out of bed. I think the body needs time to heal sometimes.

Perhaps depending on how serious the illness, perhaps at home - otherwise it would unfair to subject anyone else to my germs.

The secret to a perfect interview? Know your story and practice it!

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Attention Deficit Disorder Diagnostic Tools
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 09:41 AM
Ogden garden verse game
by xmeecosmic
Container Gardening
Today at 09:41 AM
Frozen Triple Cherry Blend Review
Sandwiches
Today at 09:40 AM
Sides du jour
Sandwiches
Today at 09:38 AM
Do your beauty products contain coconut oil?
by AprilAlisaMarquette
Ethnic Beauty
Today at 08:17 AM
Einstein's Eclipse *new*
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 06:47 AM
Cheap Way To Heat A Room-My Heater Running Costs
by RoseEnglish
Frugal Living
Today at 04:02 AM
What is your recurring dream?
by imdfashion
Creativity
Today at 01:01 AM
The Knick
by Nancy Roussy
Prime Time TV
Today at 12:00 AM
How do you use your Shield of Faith?
by Sunnie - Bible Basics
Bible Basics
Yesterday at 10:55 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 55 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.