Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 28 29
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Loong, is this from your injuries? Have you ever had your knees operated on? I hope you feel better tomorrow. Thank you for asking, I am doing good.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Hello everyone. I want to thank all of you who are following this thread. It is actually motivating me so that I don't miss a workout.

Today I realllllly didn't want to exercise. Just couldn't get it in my head. Finally I knew it was now or never so I started and did not have a plan. Most of the time I have a loose plan of what I'm going to do. Well it sabotaged me. I jumped from exercise bands for shoulders to exercise bands for legs, and Pilates, to yoga. I worked out medium hard but it was not cohesive and left me feeling restless.

Now my legs are aching and I'm wishing I had just rode my recumbent bike for 30m. That's what I'm going to do from now on if I don't have a pre-planned workout.

Yeah! It's the weekend time for a break. TJ

Koala
Koala
Dear Coach

My knees were never operated on .ang if you saw the difformity of that knee you would understand.It is so bad that it twisted the bottom part of my lower leg by a good inch.
It hurt this morning.So I rubbed it with Voltaren that kills the pain instantly put on my rubber braces,and went on with my day.

Having a visit to a doctor here takes 3 months.My next one is on
March 6th ,this time I will attack the problem ,knowing our system ,something might be done in the next 2 years.Not complaining,I abused my body ,I have to take responsability for that.

Thank you for caring
loong

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I did a brisk 3 mile walk today which I need to turn into a 3 mile run in 3 weeks. I slacked off way too long after injuring myself and I have no one but myself to blame. I choose not to feel sorry for myself, instead I am determined to make this happen.

Wish me luck!!!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Koala
Koala
To Dianne,
As requested, GOOD LUCK.

loong

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Loong, your knee sounds awful. What caused the tears, and what is torn? Is it arthritis?

You said it hurt today, do you exercise when it hurts like this? or does it just always hurt like this? Voltaren works well for some people. Unfortunately I'm not one of them.

I know it's a month away but let us know what the doctor tells you.

Take care and prop up that leg.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Dianne, I think it is great that you walked today. Try not to rush into the running, though I know you have a race upcoming. Just need to be careful about pushing to hard, too fast.

What is the race for, charity or competitive? Do you run races a lot?

I really do wish you the best of luck! Thanks for posting.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Hi Terri, It's the Disney Princess Marathon - we go every year. Our goal is to start participting in more events in the DMV area (DC/MD/VA). Today was a sign, the employee gym is open 24/7, but today - the code for the building worked, but the door wouldn't open. I had wanted to go early, since it was snowing and I didn't know what the weather would be by now. It's cleared a bit so I'm going to go take a Zumba class instead.

I'm encouraged as I have lost 5.5 lbs in the last two weeks and lost 2 inches off my waist in the last month. Truly motivating to finally see some movement from the exercising and increasing water, fruits and veggies.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Dianne, Zumba kicks my butt. Aerobically you got just as good a workout as a run. I'm glad you enjoy running and will be doing it more. I imagine there are lots of races in your area.

I've been doing something similar, steady exercise, water, and low carbs. Lisa will like to hear that. I really want some rice or bread but I'll wait a couple more weeks. Day 18, have lost eight pounds.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Today is Monday and I think I may have to change my routine a little. My body felt weak and stiff since I hadn't worked out over the weekend. Maybe I'll take a day off in the week and workout on Saturday.

So today I rode the recumbent bike for 20m. I knew I needed to do some physical therapy for my shoulders so I did the PT routine using dumbbells and resistance bands. Wow! I did 15 reps and 3 sets. My arms were jello.

I did lateral flies; shoulder presses; bent rows; bicep curls; triceps overhead extensions. With the bands and lying on a bench I did chest presses; lateral raises; and diagonal pulls.

Then I did my relaxing stretch out yoga routine that I wrote which is part seated and the rest on my back. Felt good. Total time apx. 1 hour.

My "bench" is actually a large ottoman. I didn't have the fitness ball handy. Sorry excuse. Tomorrow I will bring the fitness ball downstairs so it will be there when I'm ready to use it.

Looking forward to hearing from you. What did you do today or over the weekend. Maybe you live somewhere that's warm and you took a nice long walk. Let us know. TJ

Page 4 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.