Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
mfboutique, Mrs. Cara, lighthouse, Fee, anawhitt
57195 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57195 Members
417 Forums
112982 Topics
800502 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 673
Beetlemess 274
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 273
Nancy Roussy 189
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 112
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 100
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 94
Susan - Meditation Editor 48
Mona - Astronomy 42
Sandra Investing/HFinance 40
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#798329 - 12/31/12 02:31 AM Sell everything you own for cash
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
If you needed money, and wanted less stuff, where would you sell what? Using the internet, consignment stores, used item stores, garage sales and even trade/barter systems, what is the best way to get rid of:

music
books
gift cards
coupons
housewares
baby stuff
outdoor gear
cooking supplies
crafts and craft supplies
pet stuff
bedding
food items
clothes
antiques
stamps
coins
silver/gold/metals
jewelry
watches
cell phones
computers
other electronics
cars and trucks
RVs and trailers
hair supplies
lengths of human hair
blood and plasma
barterable skills
shoes
leather items (belts, jackets, shoes, bags
purses
luggage
collectables
paper ephemera, old photos
tools
antlers and horns
wildcrafted herbs and mushrooms
house and yard plants
fill dirt and construction materials
bicycles
boats
wedding dresses
prom and bridesmaids dresses, tuxedos
furniture
gardening supplies
auto supplies
land parcels, acreage

What else is kicking around in your attic, basement, closets, and under the bed? If you planned to liquidate your entire life, how would you begin?

I know this is an overwhelming question, so let's start small. What suggestions do you have for selling something specific, for cash?

Add Sell everything you own for cash to Twitter Add Sell everything you own for cash to Facebook Add Sell everything you own for cash to MySpace Add Sell everything you own for cash to Del.icio.us Digg Sell everything you own for cash Add Sell everything you own for cash to Yahoo My Web Add Sell everything you own for cash to Google Bookmarks Add Sell everything you own for cash to Stumbleupon Add Sell everything you own for cash to Reddit
#800424 - 01/13/13 04:56 PM Re: Sell everything you own for cash [Re: Jilly]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Craigslist is the quickest and easiest for me. Ebay, less so due to the listing fee and competition.

Garage sales are great for quick cash but you won't get top dollar.

I think you might be able to find specialty forums to list things such as collectibles, wedding dresses, land, etc.

It does take dedication and time but the pay off can be good. In fact, many make it a business.

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Add Re: Sell everything you own for cash to Twitter Add Re: Sell everything you own for cash to Facebook Add Re: Sell everything you own for cash to MySpace Add Re: Sell everything you own for cash to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Sell everything you own for cash Add Re: Sell everything you own for cash to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Sell everything you own for cash to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Sell everything you own for cash to Stumbleupon Add Re: Sell everything you own for cash to Reddit
#804887 - 02/06/13 06:10 PM Re: Sell everything you own for cash [Re: Jilly]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Resale seems like a fun business. I want to be a Picker. I don't want to do any selling, though. Just the finding. heh. I guess most people would rather find than sell?

Anyone sell anything from this list? How about selling blood and plasma?

Add Re: Sell everything you own for cash to Twitter Add Re: Sell everything you own for cash to Facebook Add Re: Sell everything you own for cash to MySpace Add Re: Sell everything you own for cash to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Sell everything you own for cash Add Re: Sell everything you own for cash to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Sell everything you own for cash to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Sell everything you own for cash to Stumbleupon Add Re: Sell everything you own for cash to Reddit
#804908 - 02/06/13 07:16 PM Re: Sell everything you own for cash [Re: Jilly]
Vi - Blogs/Small Office Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Pennsylvania
I've just started doing consignments for sale.

Yes, the finding is much more fun.

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly

#820096 - 05/08/13 10:54 PM Re: Sell everything you own for cash [Re: Jilly]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

VI, how is the consigning going? I need to start doing that.

I have a friend putting things on ebay for me, but they aren't selling.

#825981 - 06/14/13 02:10 PM Re: Sell everything you own for cash [Re: Jilly]
AKLisa- Knitting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Fairbanks, Alaska
I am starting to sell a bunch of my stuff on craigslist. Some baby stuff and house ware items.
It is going rather well. There is no shipping for me, which is an issue for where i live.
Old furniture could be a nice niche. Finding things at estate sales and then reselling it. Does anyone know of a good online tool for pricing furniture?

Edited by AKLisa- Knitting Editor (06/14/13 02:11 PM)

#831552 - 07/30/13 08:52 AM Re: Sell everything you own for cash [Re: Jilly]
kylie007 Offline

Criagslist or Ebay but as someone above said the fee's on Ebay are a bit of a pain and with CL i can sell locally so no shipping...

#840720 - 10/02/13 08:25 PM Re: Sell everything you own for cash [Re: Jilly]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

I'm working on selling my Jeep right now on CL. It's so much easier to be a buyer than a seller.

I am only getting lowball offers so far. I'll re-word the ad and try again. I'm in no hurry.

#840726 - 10/02/13 08:55 PM Re: Sell everything you own for cash [Re: Jilly]
Elleise - Clairvoyance Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra

Loc: IL
Jilly,

I've been thinking of you literally, a lot, but not even two days ago.

I don't know, something you wrote a long time ago, was coming to me again and again and I kind wish I were there to help. Stuff like that just comes to me sometimes. Word's out there's actually something under the psychological redefinitions called "overly-empathetic." But me? I just call it caring.

But anyway, about the question? If I had a bunch of stuff that I wanted to get rid of, wanted or needed cash, what I'd do is make an on-line, shop of it all through Amazon or some other place that offers, "A Market Place.".

I'd make a cover page or whatever they call it, not only a clever title, but pleasant to look at.

There's also a "new-term" used to get the attention of buyers, now called "Fair-trading" or "fair" something. So, you could use that to attract visitors.

But you could call it something like "Second Time Around..." or something like that? smile

If you have the ability, take the time to organize by category - I don't have that ability and take photos. The reason I mention Amazon is because traffic is so high.

Still there's ALWAYS more places than one to go.

Other than that, if you have emails, such as mine...I might just need something you need to get rid of. I'llhave to find a way to get back to this page, lol.

Awhile back I suggested Bella have an editor or just Bella Garage Sale...but it's hard for me to go back to posts I make. Dyslexic.

But anyway...I'll go through your list and see if maybe there's something i could use? smile

#840729 - 10/02/13 09:04 PM Re: Sell everything you own for cash [Re: Jilly]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

You're so sweet, Karen. Those are just possible categories I was listing for people to get started in thinking about things to sell. I do have some of those things...I should make a list specific to me. smile

Amazon is an interesting idea. I wonder if people can sell personal, non-media items there?

Edited by Jilly (10/02/13 09:05 PM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Jilly 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
The first aurorae have already been seen
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 04:57 PM
Writing Genre Fiction
by Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk
Fiction Writing
Today at 03:57 PM
Sandwich du jour
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
Today at 01:37 PM
Exercise Helps ADD Symptoms Post Text:
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 01:36 PM
The Gifts of ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 01:34 PM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 12:51 PM
The Meditation Garden Within
Meditation
Today at 12:49 PM
Meditation Can Spiritually Deepen Relationships
Meditation
Today at 12:47 PM
Meditative State of Mind
Meditation
Today at 12:45 PM
Meditation Can Help Bear Grief
Meditation
Today at 12:43 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 130 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.