Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Trimurti Yoga Kerala, Cupping4Health, Camilahart12, cindimac, Tina Tourist
57027 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57028 Members
417 Forums
112595 Topics
796213 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 801
Beetlemess 580
Karm - SW USA Editor 333
Nancy Roussy 178
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 139
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 119
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 118
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 118
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 99
Kelly Tager 74
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#803671 - 01/31/13 06:02 AM Meltdowns and Children with ADD
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Loc: Kansas USA

They used to be called temper tantrums. Now, they’re called meltdowns. What can you do if your child with Attention Deficit Disorder skips right past angry and into a full-blown rage? What actions can you take to either avert the meltdown or help your child regain control more quickly?

Meltdowns and Children with ADD
Avatar: There is Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

Here is a link to my EBook.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Add Meltdowns and Children with ADD to Twitter Add Meltdowns and Children with ADD to Facebook Add Meltdowns and Children with ADD to MySpace Add Meltdowns and Children with ADD to Del.icio.us Digg Meltdowns and Children with ADD Add Meltdowns and Children with ADD to Yahoo My Web Add Meltdowns and Children with ADD to Google Bookmarks Add Meltdowns and Children with ADD to Stumbleupon Add Meltdowns and Children with ADD to Reddit
#803860 - 01/31/13 11:33 PM Re: Meltdowns and Children with ADD [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

This article gives practical suggestions for helping a child in crisis.

Add Re: Meltdowns and Children with ADD to Twitter Add Re: Meltdowns and Children with ADD to Facebook Add Re: Meltdowns and Children with ADD to MySpace Add Re: Meltdowns and Children with ADD to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Meltdowns and Children with ADD Add Re: Meltdowns and Children with ADD to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Meltdowns and Children with ADD to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Meltdowns and Children with ADD to Stumbleupon Add Re: Meltdowns and Children with ADD to Reddit
#803882 - 02/01/13 06:36 AM Re: Meltdowns and Children with ADD [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

One of the main problems kids have when they are melting down is when people try to talk to them to get them to be rational. It just doesn't work like that! They need quiet time to calm down.

Add Re: Meltdowns and Children with ADD to Twitter Add Re: Meltdowns and Children with ADD to Facebook Add Re: Meltdowns and Children with ADD to MySpace Add Re: Meltdowns and Children with ADD to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Meltdowns and Children with ADD Add Re: Meltdowns and Children with ADD to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Meltdowns and Children with ADD to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Meltdowns and Children with ADD to Stumbleupon Add Re: Meltdowns and Children with ADD to Reddit
#804143 - 02/02/13 05:51 PM Re: Meltdowns and Children with ADD [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

How does your child respond when you ask him to be accountable for damages done when he is upset?

#804446 - 02/04/13 07:09 PM Re: Meltdowns and Children with ADD [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Most children feel awful after they have a meltdown. This is the time to reassure the child that everybody makes mistakes and that he is valued and cared for.

#804781 - 02/06/13 11:58 AM Re: Meltdowns and Children with ADD [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]
Dr. Hershey-MH Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Connie,
Great article. It is so true that you can't have a rational/logical discussion with a child while they are extremely emotional.

Helping a child put words to their emotions (when they are calm) is very helpful to decrease emotional outbursts in the future.
Mental Health Facebook Page

#804917 - 02/06/13 08:24 PM Re: Meltdowns and Children with ADD [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Ilyssa,

I think that this is something that we should all know, but in the heat of the moment we forget. In my job working in a special day school, we have found that letting the child cool down before processing can work wonders.

#805346 - 02/09/13 08:14 AM Re: Meltdowns and Children with ADD [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

By working with kids, we can help them control their anger and minimize those times that they are in a meltdown mode.

Ways to work with them:
*Keep structure in their lives.
*Preview changes for them.
*Let them know the procedures for when they are in crisis.
*Tell them the ways that they need to be accountable for their actions.
*Follow through with the plan--ALWAYS!

Moderator:  Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Sandwich du jour
by Debbie-SpiritualityEditor
Sandwiches
Today at 04:55 PM
Red Wine Question.....
Wine
Today at 04:52 PM
Spiritual Quotes
Spirituality
Today at 04:41 PM
Giving and Spirituality - Article
Spirituality
Today at 04:34 PM
My Spirit Was Touched By a Canada Goose - Article
Spirituality
Today at 04:32 PM
Rosetta, are we there yet?
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 04:31 PM
What Are Your Favourite Quotes
by Tracy - Philosophy
Philosophy
Today at 02:21 PM
30 Day Challenge - Might Change Your Life
by Tracy - Philosophy
Philosophy
Today at 02:17 PM
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Nancy Roussy
Frugal Living
Today at 02:07 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Beetlemess
Comedy Movies
Today at 01:50 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 86 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.