Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I wrote this in the vision issues forum and thought I'd carry the theme over here.

I am trying to help people shake the stigma that there is something wrong if you are low income. Low income does not make someone 'lesser', just like the wealthy are not 'better'.

What do you think? Do you hide your 'poorness'? Do you look down on people who are low income and receiving assistance?

Do you feel embarrased or ashamed of your low income?

If you are not low-income, do you worry that being frugal or shopping at thrift stores will brand you as 'poor'?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Nope.

Because I help those who are just as poor as me everyday.

Everyone has been rich, poor, humble, proud, vain, smart, ugly, beautiful and every race color and creed...

Planet Earth is a schoolroom.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
take this test:

http
://www.hsperson.com/pages/test.htm

Tiger
Tiger
Hi Jilly:

How about ZERO income(lol).

Yes, I have not made any income (commissions or freelancing) since 12/10/11, but God is in CONTROL!!!

My challenge, going home every day knowing I have nothing to contribute to our household and watching him come home from work, tired, been on his feet 12 hours sometimes at age 58. Here I am 53, able to work and...

But I keep coming into the office to do my freelancing and help Mr. Wonderful (my challenging boss, splitting commissions with him, selling life insurance) = knowing that my BLESSINGS are coming...

Hugs,
A

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 01/04/12 03:43 PM.
Jilly, I live in a low income housing project been here for 37yrs now
And my only income is a disability check once a month
I am glad to have a roof over my head and be able to pay the rent
I'm not ashamed I'm grateful for what i have

Rosie L
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Right, Rosie. It's better to be happy and content that one has a warm place to live. smile

I'd rather be peaceful in a little tent than miserable in a mansion.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I don't look down on people who are low-income, and I never really had a lot of money myself. My situation has gotten much worse in the past couple of years, and I am unemployed with lots of bills to pay. I am in the same boat as a lot of people these days.

Sometimes I am embarrassed with my situation. It is not my fault, but I have always been one to pay my own way. It is a responsibility issue to me. At this time I owe some really nice people money, and it bothers me that I can't pay them. One such person is the farm owner who cares for my horses. Month after month my debt builds up, and I can't give her anything for the current month either.

Not being able to pay someone you owe but really wanting to pay them, that is very hard for me to deal with. I think it takes a hit to my pride and self-respect. After a while I wonder if someone will believe me when I say that I'm doing my best, and that I will definitely pay when I can. People can only wait so long and have patience for so long.

It sure can be a hard situation to deal with when you are unemployed or have limited income. I have learned to live with much less, and that is ok with me, but I would at least like to be able to pay my obligations comfortably and not feel like I am in a hopeless situation.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
it is really hard on the self esteem to not be able to pay others! I agree. I wonder if you can do something to help out at the stable while you wait to be able to pay? Just to show good faith?

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I had to relocate due to my divorce and I now live an hour and 10 minutes away from my horses. I can't afford to move them closer to me at this time, and board is more expensive where I am living now. There are not as many horse farms here either, so finding work at one of the stables is next to impossible. I have done that in the past though....worked off the cost of board at a horse farm.

Last edited by Cassie67; 01/06/12 10:26 AM.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I guess you kinda live too far now to really help out physically, even as a volunteer. I wonder if you can offer some other kind of help, like making a blog or facebook page for the stable, or writing a few press releases. You could even just do that for free, not to necessarily 'work off' your debt, just to show good faith? I don't know. Maybe in your situation that is not appropriate.

I'd hate to see you lose your horses. You've lost so much else recently. I don't want to see you go through that pain.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jilly 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.